hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Matchday experience

What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

2. Log in to remove the advert

-A pint (even a 2% alc job)
    -Standing section
    -Turnstiles being open and not closed
    -Hibs not being akward and not stopping selling tickets for 2 stands 1hr before kick-off

A decent game and a win, not necessarily in that order

Being able to stand with a pint in hand would be nice.

@hibs.net private member
    No need to change much for me. If we can play some good attacking fitba that wins games then the rest doesn't matter too much to me in the stadium we already have.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar

Some sort of back of stand exit from the East would get my vote - it is really frustrating to stand waiting for 10 minutes at the end of a game to be able to start walking down the steps.

A huge padded seat (heated for winter) with drinks holder
    I pad showing replays in the seat in front
    Order food/drink straight to the seat from the above I pad

In all honesty - 3 points is what makes the day. Nothing else.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Tasty pies instead of inedible guff.

Of course the most important thing would be an entertaining team on the park, winning games and challenging for 3rd place...

A fan zone at the back of the east with drinks stalls, music etc and similar outside west
    Last edited by Since452; 19-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Getting into the ground without grief

Decent PA system

Nice food options at a reasonable price with well manned booths

Contactless payment

Alcohol in the ground during a live match not going to be an option under current licensing laws

Standing area FFL

Singing section relocated to FFL or East stand

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some sort of back of stand exit from the East would get my vote - it is really frustrating to stand waiting for 10 minutes at the end of a game to be able to start walking down the steps.
    I am in the East , row W , and ten minutes against my 2 hour drive home doesnt really matter ! Try it on a Wendesday night getting home for 12.30 and up for work at 7 am ! Especially in winter over the Devils Beeftup via Moffat ! Add some thick mist and that is really frustrating !

Cuddly toys in the empty family section seats in the FF lower to fill it up and make it even less intimidating 😉 could rename it the cuddlywuddly stand

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    More half time entertainment. Have they stopped the kids v mascot in goals? Would like to see that back and also fans shooting into/at targets to win things they had at the corner of the East/South we’ve had before. Ex players coming out at half time/doing the draw.

Catering - more options e.g. local vendors (Baynes, La Favourita etc) in different sections of the pie stands. Contactless payment.

Or go full on American, tailgating, cheerleaders and t-shirt guns 😀

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Big things for me are ease of entry and exit from the ground, a good selection of fairly priced options for eating. Being able to hear the tannoy clearly and with it not so loud that I can't speak to my son or dad beside me.

I like the wee touches like the 'Hibs class' quote from Turnbull on the wall in the West (Upper north) concourse - I think there's scope to get stuff like that on the stairs from the turnstiles to the stand - something on the wall, be that quotes or images etc which would add to the experience.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Giant Screens in the corners to show the linesmen what mistakes they have made (and replays of the goals. I always seem to miss one going for a pee )

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h18eeynick View Post
    I am in the East , row W , and ten minutes against my 2 hour drive home doesnt really matter ! Try it on a Wendesday night getting home for 12.30 and up for work at 7 am ! Especially in winter over the Devils Beeftup via Moffat ! Add some thick mist and that is really frustrating !
    oh you've trumped me there!
    I'm up in row GG so only 2 rows from the top. I know it's petty but watching just about everyone else leave the stadium without being able to move is frustrating. but then I'm a grumpy old man these days.

Any possible ways of improving the atmosphere would be top of my list. Honestly think it would give the players more of a boost and any possible advantage we can possibily gain should be exploited. Even in most big games last season it was flat. Only game i genuinely enjoyed the atmosphere was Asteras.

Its a collective effort and shouldnt be left to one group but that said i sit in section 38 in the east and can only hear the drum. Cant make out any singing unless it comes from the far end of the east

Macaroon, chewing gum and chews

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    A winning team

A sound system which i can actually understand.

Installation of a hybrid pitch

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

More readily accessible litter bins would help to discourage the seagulls, which would improve the experience as well.

Footstool to replace the empty seat in front of me in the FF lower, so I can put my feet up during the game, perhaps chuck in seat service so I can get my pies n bovril delivered to me to save me getting up. Other than that its all good, nice n quiet

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

I sit in the FF upper but nipped into the FF lower before the game on Sat for a wee look.
    I was pleasantly surprised at how it looks there and also the wee mini fitba net thingy.
    The bairns seemed to really be enjoying it :-)
    Well done to those involved with that.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic though, but does anyone know where the Hibs 100 board that used to be on the wall where the nets now are, was relocated to ?

GGTTH

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Footstool to replace the empty seat in front of me in the FF lower, so I can put my feet up during the game, perhaps chuck in seat service so I can get my pies n bovril delivered to me to save me getting up. Other than that its all good, nice n quiet
    If they start selling alcohol you’ll not be able to buy a pint in the famous 5 stand on your child’s season ticket!

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar
    Clean shelves where you can sit your food and drink without the risk of catching something nasty, current ones in west lower are absolutely bogging, and not enough of them.
    Bins underneath or beside them as well.
    Decent food
    Serving stations actually being manned/womanned.
    Easy entry
    Linesmen that can see and keep up with play
    Attractive entertaining fitba, and three points each week
    Probably missed some but that will do for now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by aljo7-0 View Post
    oh you've trumped me there!
    I'm up in row GG so only 2 rows from the top. I know it's petty but watching just about everyone else leave the stadium without being able to move is frustrating. but then I'm a grumpy old man these days.
    I know what you mean though . I refuse to leave early but have found myself walking down the steps with minutes to go and loitering at bottom steps for that reason. I am also a grumpy old man ! Now retired so Wednesday night late trips arent going to be as bad !

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    If they start selling alcohol you’ll not be able to buy a pint in the famous 5 stand on your child’s season ticket!
    Thats fine, as long as I get my footstool & seat service 😆

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    A fan zone at the back of the east with drinks stalls, music etc and similar outside west
    This. Living here in the States, the on field product isn't the greatest but they've nailed off the field. Fan Zone with a kick about area for the kids, Sunshine Lynx walking around, beer tent, merchandise stall, Music playing, face painting, kick the ball through the holes, Hibs pictures on standing boards, a raised big tv showing famous goals etc. All would greatly enhance the experience.

Putting in 1 large TV in the North/East corner would go a very long way. Always enjoy watching it over here at games and they'll play behind the scenes stuff that the players were upto that week, pan to the crowd to the kids can see themselves and give a wave, play previous goals against the team were playing that day/again famous club goals etc. Show the starting line up with picture visuals. People would absolutely love it

I would want reason to be at the stadium for more than the 90 mins.

Pre match - supporters bar / meeting area to soak up the atmosphere - basically a fan zone without DJ and music / or even a guitarist signing Hibs songs. Think about recent events at Corn Exchange and the new songs fans can sing. Liverpool have done well with this recently too. Connects fans with players.

A PA system that works. Sit back of East and it’s awful.

The stadium to have more happening in the concourses and more Hibs related art work. Places for fans to get face painted / buy merchandise etc.

Local and healthier food options at reasonable prices - plus better / quicker queues.

Contactless payment 100%

More bins and recycling bins - encourage fans by to drop rubbish hopefully means less seagulls.

Better half time entertainment - best one I’ve seen was marathon bet when they tried to get footballs to land in centre circle / bit like curling.

During game / if we score more done by the Barry to get the crowd going - they do this well in Germany.

After game -can anything be done to improve exiting time from East ? Remove the barriers towards North end (near disabled section) at end of the game to allow fans to filter out quicker ?

Other areas...if money was no object.. better scoreboard at both ends. More Hibs signage on outside of the stands for visitors to see from afar. Sort out the worn 3G around pitch and the temporary TV scaffolding in corner. Plus close in the stadium in all corners - various options but simple option is advertising like we have but higher length on all 4 sides.

Over to you...

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This. Living here in the States, the on field product isn't the greatest but they've nailed off the field. Fan Zone with a kick about area for the kids, Sunshine Lynx walking around, beer tent, merchandise stall, Music playing, face painting, kick the ball through the holes, Hibs pictures on standing boards, a raised big tv showing famous goals etc. All would greatly enhance the experience.

Putting in 1 large TV in the North/East corner would go a very long way. Always enjoy watching it over here at games and they'll play behind the scenes stuff that the players were upto that week, pan to the crowd to the kids can see themselves and give a wave, play previous goals against the team were playing that day/again famous club goals etc. Show the starting line up with picture visuals. People would absolutely love it
    Fully agree.

Football has moved on and Scottish football is miles behind for the cost of a ticket.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hot water to wash your hands with at the toilets would be nice.