hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    There's a number of things I'd like to see but the most important would be moving the singing section. Preferably to the FF lower.

It would help with the clubs profile when games are shown on TV, and would also improve fans enjoyment as the noise they make would travel further around the ground.

I understand the family section would need to be moved (which is where I currently sit with my 10 year old), but I'd be happy with this if it helped with the atmosphere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Food and hot water appear to be the top priotities

No wonder the board are not focused on the quality on the pitch as ours fans dont see it as adding to the match day experience. It would appear they would much rather have a good pee throughly wash their hands in hot water and get an edible pie at a resonable price. Easy work for LD and the board just watch the crowds soar when the plumbing and pies are sorted.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that you Howard Hughes ?

You do know it is a football match you are going too
    I know, but basic rules of hygiene still apply at the football!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

A decent bottle bar in BTG. The draught beer is garbage but it's a little used bar with inexperienced staff so it's not going to be anything else.

I suggested this directly to Hibs a few years back, not long after LD came in. It's a chance to showcase a few local beers and save time on queuing for those who don't have to. There was a bit of chat that it was something that would be looked into but it seems nothing ever materialised. I understand there may be contractual issues with a current supplier but even a bottle and can bar from them must be achievable. Loads of other sporting events seem to manage it.

Oh and decent soup in the winter. I remember there was a short lived lentil soup option in the West for about 2 games 3 or 4 years ago but that disappeared. Should really be a no brainer. Few big pots of soup, pile of cups and give us your money.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m another one for fan zones. There’s plenty room behind both the east and west for this, have some music and food on sale and the fans would probably more up for it by the time the game starts.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A decent bottle bar in BTG. The draught beer is garbage but it's a little used bar with inexperienced staff so it's not going to be anything else.

I suggested this directly to Hibs a few years back, not long after LD came in. It's a chance to showcase a few local beers and save time on queuing for those who don't have to. There was a bit of chat that it was something that would be looked into but it seems nothing ever materialised. I understand there may be contractual issues with a current supplier but even a bottle and can bar from them must be achievable. Loads of other sporting events seem to manage it.

Oh and decent soup in the winter. I remember there was a short lived lentil soup option in the West for about 2 games 3 or 4 years ago but that disappeared. Should really be a no brainer. Few big pots of soup, pile of cups and give us your money.
    I used BTG at all home games when it was open, it was a great facility poorly run with rotten beer, untrained and too few bar staff, no dishwasher to properly clean gasses etc. I personally don’t really like bottled beer and much prefer draught so that idea wouldn’t suit everyone. However there is no reason that a fully staffed bar with experienced bar staff and properly ‘beer clean’ glasses can’t work with bottles and draught. Sometimes it took 20 minutes to get served the slop in BTG and I’m sure at least 50% of people on there would have had at least one more drink if it was quicker and decent. That extra cash over the bar would easily cover the extra staff involved.

Edinburgh must be full of people who had good experience serving on a bar that would jump at the chance to earn a bit more cash every now and then. It may not make the club loads of money but would at least show the club was providing a service to the loyal fans that used to turn up there at every game. It was closed down at a point we had reached record ST sales. A real big thanks to those fans that had frequented it loyally in the darkest of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I used BTG at all home games when it was open, it was a great facility poorly run with rotten beer, untrained and too few bar staff, no dishwasher to properly clean gasses etc. I personally don’t really like bottled beer and much prefer draught so that idea wouldn’t suit everyone. However there is no reason that a fully staffed bar with experienced bar staff and properly ‘beer clean’ glasses can’t work with bottles and draught. Sometimes it took 20 minutes to get served the slop in BTG and I’m sure at least 50% of people on there would have had at least one more drink if it was quicker and decent. That extra cash over the bar would easily cover the extra staff involved.

Edinburgh must be full of people who had good experience serving on a bar that would jump at the chance to earn a bit more cash every now and then. It may not make the club loads of money but would at least show the club was providing a service to the loyal fans that used to turn up there at every game. It was closed down at a point we had reached record ST sales. A real big thanks to those fans that had frequented it loyally in the darkest of days.
    I was thinking a bottle bar to run alongside a standard bar rather than to replace it.

I was at the Grand National when Crabbies sponsored it and there were loads of pop up bars all over just selling cans of flavoured Crabbies. Musselburgh Racecourse has similar with Edinburgh Gin for their bigger meetings. They are great for easing a bit of pressure on the main bars.

A couple of stalls selling a few Scottish beers would be a great compliment to the main bars imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was thinking a bottle bar to run alongside a standard bar rather than to replace it.

I was at the Grand National when Crabbies sponsored it and there were loads of pop up bars all over just selling cans of flavoured Crabbies. Musselburgh Racecourse has similar with Edinburgh Gin for their bigger meetings. They are great for easing a bit of pressure on the main bars.

A couple of stalls selling a few Scottish beers would be a great compliment to the main bars imo.
    I agree and as you said the Grand National is an example of a decent draught pint being served from a guy with a tank of beer on his back that was way better than what was being served at ER. It really shouldn’t be that difficult, the problem was there was no will being shown from the club to improve the situation. That’s a pity because the regulars who drank there were kicked out at a time when we had record ST sales. The same guys that kept the club going when only 7k were turning up some weeks.

Singing Section behind the goals in FFL is a no brainer. Won't happen whilst Dempster is here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Singing Section behind the goals in FFL is a no brainer. Won't happen whilst Dempster is here though.
    Aye, all Dempsters fault 🙄

Relocate Family section to North side of East stand
    Relocate singing section to behind the goals in the lower tier
    Safe standing corner inbewteen F5 and East

Would create a cracking matchday experience and atmosphere, you would have singing section noise, then the safe standing radges, then the kids and families get involved, and you will have the usual noise from the south side of the East stand.

No brainer if affordable to do IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Relocate Family section to North side of East stand
    Relocate singing section to behind the goals in the lower tier
    Safe standing corner inbewteen F5 and East

Would create a cracking matchday experience and atmosphere, you would have singing section noise, then the safe standing radges, then the kids and families get involved, and you will have the usual noise from the south side of the East stand.

No brainer if affordable to do IMO.
    Like this

Like this

Think cheaper way would be just some of FF Lower middle sections standing / singing section. If it’s a success move to sides - no other club in Scotland would have this in the top league.

Moving the families to east corner would help as space behind East for family activities or even concourse area.

Or I still think moving them to South Lower would make sense for Cat B games as they already do similar for Hibs kids games.

Then Cat A games the families get 1st pick of any seats to move to another seat which would avoid empty spaces we see during Cat A in FF Lower.

Like this

Don't be silly that would only drastically improve the atmosphere and intimate the opposition. Nobody wants that.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Hot water in the toilets

Rows in all stands labelled with appropriate lettering

Padded seat

A screen type scoreboard

Oh and no moaning greetin buzzards around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Hot water in the toilets

Rows in all stands labelled with appropriate lettering

Padded seat

A screen type scoreboard

Oh and no moaning greetin buzzards around me.
    It was only when I got to the last line that I thought this is just fantasyland.

Famous five lower converted into safe standing and being full of people willing to make a racket for 90 mins getting behind the team. Big flags and banners on the go with pyro being allowed in the section.

Opening the concourse 2 hours before kick off with a reasonably priced beer stand so everyone can get into the mood before kick off.

However I'll settle for everyone getting behind the team rather than shouting abuse and moaning at them and most importantly a win for Hibs.

To be honest I'd go for safe standing /rail seats like the ones just installed in the disabled sections, in the lower tiers of all the "home" stands and have "posh" heated seats in the upper sections.

Visiting support would be located in Upper South West except the Derby. The Uglies to get the same % of capacity they give us and make them pay top dollar for their seats.

Family tickets restricted to Cat B fixtures with first dibs on seats elsewhere for Cat A fixtures.

Fanzone behind the East with food, drink and entertainment for the adults with a Family Zone behind the West instead of a car park.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

Great question! First off I would say form a small group of fans and directors and go on a fact finding road trip round the UK, Europe, and US and get eyes on some the various fan experience ideas which are already out there.

In ideal world I would go with following for starters:

• Complete re-fit of the Famous Five stand corporate areas including getting rid of those pointless boxes and turning it into an all signing, all-dancing fans bar on both levels like the Brew Hall at Minnesota United's new Allienz Field https://www.mnufc.com/stadium/brew-hall for use on both matchdays and non-matchdays.
    • Turn the large area between the Famous Five / East Stand corner into a new fans area with pop-up bars, street food, kids areas, big screen etc
    • Replace the current tannoy system with a complete Audio-Visual (AV) system similar to Watford's and Celtics including high-res big screens in the South-East and North-West corners (on the gables of the Famous Five and Dunbar Stands)
    • Installation of a LED lighting system.
    • Replacement of all the seats in the stadium with new padded, slightly wider ones similar to those in the Amex and Tottenham's new stadium.
    • Installation of a Desso hybrid pitch
    • Deep clean and general tidy up of the whole stadium.
    • Refit of the all stadium concourses to a good level including hot water, recycling bins, hibs images etc (think cinema/shopping centre quality).
    • Provision of high-quality, local food throughout the stadium.
    • Emphasis upon the use of recyclable cups, wrappers etc.
    • Tiered corporate hospitality for example turning the Edinburgh Club into a large supporters suite in which food is included in the ticket, similar to Liverpool's Carlsberg Dugout https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...e_England.html . Turn the Gallery into a high quality restaurant by getting a local chef in such as Tom Kitchen to create the Kitchen at Easter Road for example? Create a premium hospitality suite like the new H Club at the Tottenham's New stadium https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tic...ur/the-h-club/ for those with mega bucks. The H club has a good ring to it actually.
    • Turn the the whole Famous Five stand into a singing section and move families and kids to the west lower.
    • Introduced cheaper kids tickets.
    • Create a high capacity wifi-network within the system for fans.
    • Develop a Hibs App which can be used for news, tickets, shopping, interactive experiences etc with a new AV system.

These are just a few ideas but it would be worth checking out https://www.stadia-magazine.com/ for some more ideas. It is not until you visit other stadiums round the world that you realise how backwards the whole fan experience is for Scottish football fans. Edinburgh is one if the top cities in the world and we should definitely be aiming for one of the best fans experience in world! #Makeithappenron :)
    Last edited by Jonpaulnevin; 20-08-2019 at 06:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Saturday afternoon kick offs in the winter, being brought forward to 2pm
    Sometimes in November/December/January, it can be Baltic by half time.
    Means you could see pretty much the full match in the light

As an aside is their a rule that kick offs must be 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Saturday afternoon kick offs in the winter, being brought forward to 2pm

Good idea.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I’m mainly concerned with the product on the pitch. Most of the “match day experience” stuff doesn’t really bother me.

A few things though:

1. Being able to get into the stadium hassle free which isn’t the case at the moment

2. Hot water in the toilets

3. Contactless at the pie stand... I rarely buy anything but when I do, it is annoying that you need cash

4. Singing section moved to FFL

5. WiFi for pre match and half time so you can ignore the match day experience stuff
    Last edited by overdrive; 21-08-2019 at 12:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    A clock that goes past 90 minutes.

A small thing but it really bugs me
    This annoys the hell out of us. It’s against the rules according to the Announcer, though I noticed it continued on past the regulation time in extra time at the weekend, so I’m not sure if Hibs messed up there.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Decent catering, as Hibs have said over the years they would look into it as we want all fans to enjoy the WHOLE matchday experience .

ONE DAY- WE ALL DREAM

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Yip, that's not a bad idea at all.

In addition, I don't mind Friday night games but Sunday lunch time kick offs should be banned .

I think the matchday experience would be improved by moving to a new out of town stadium, with good transport links (road and rail) and loads of parking.

We could also satisfy the need for both a dedicated Family Section and BTG Safe Standing area, as everybody would be starting from scratch when it comes to where they're located anyway.

I'd prefer a stadium a bit like Middlesboro or Derby County

A matchday app which gives you the team when its announced, info on the opposition, goal updates for other matches in play in the sme competition, option to buy happy hibby tickets, pre match interviews, post match interviews, option to store your season ticket on it for scanning at the new scanners, etc etc

Other matchday experience improvements would be
    • Quicker entry and exit
    • Hot water in the toilets
    • Non cash options for food
    • Cheaper options for food
    • Better leg room in the West Lower
    • Better queuing system at kiosks, which would create more space for people to congregate under the stands
    • Access along Albion Road after Cat A games

Quote Originally Posted by Jonpaulnevin View Post
    Great question! First off I would say form a small group of fans and directors and go on a fact finding road trip round the UK, Europe, and US and get eyes on some the various fan experience ideas which are already out there.

In ideal world I would go with following for starters:

• Complete re-fit of the Famous Five stand corporate areas including getting rid of those pointless boxes and turning it into an all signing, all-dancing fans bar on both levels like the Brew Hall at Minnesota United's new Allienz Field https://www.mnufc.com/stadium/brew-hall for use on both matchdays and non-matchdays.
    • Turn the large area between the Famous Five / East Stand corner into a new fans area with pop-up bars, street food, kids areas, big screen etc
    • Replace the current tannoy system with a complete Audio-Visual (AV) system similar to Watford's and Celtics including high-res big screens in the South-East and North-West corners (on the gables of the Famous Five and Dunbar Stands)
    • Installation of a LED lighting system.
    • Replacement of all the seats in the stadium with new padded, slightly wider ones similar to those in the Amex and Tottenham's new stadium.
    • Installation of a Desso hybrid pitch
    • Deep clean and general tidy up of the whole stadium.
    • Refit of the all stadium concourses to a good level including hot water, recycling bins, hibs images etc (think cinema/shopping centre quality).
    • Provision of high-quality, local food throughout the stadium.
    • Emphasis upon the use of recyclable cups, wrappers etc.
    • Tiered corporate hospitality for example turning the Edinburgh Club into a large supporters suite in which food is included in the ticket, similar to Liverpool's Carlsberg Dugout https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...e_England.html . Turn the Gallery into a high quality restaurant by getting a local chef in such as Tom Kitchen to create the Kitchen at Easter Road for example? Create a premium hospitality suite like the new H Club at the Tottenham's New stadium https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tic...ur/the-h-club/ for those with mega bucks. The H club has a good ring to it actually.
    • Turn the the whole Famous Five stand into a singing section and move families and kids to the west lower.
    • Introduced cheaper kids tickets.
    • Create a high capacity wifi-network within the system for fans.
    • Develop a Hibs App which can be used for news, tickets, shopping, interactive experiences etc with a new AV system.

These are just a few ideas but it would be worth checking out https://www.stadia-magazine.com/ for some more ideas. It is not until you visit other stadiums round the world that you realise how backwards the whole fan experience is for Scottish football fans. Edinburgh is one if the top cities in the world and we should definitely be aiming for one of the best fans experience in world! #Makeithappenron :)
    So, not expecting much then?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Fan zones just wouldn’t be used.

Folk in Scotland don’t turn up for matches hours in advance or hang about after the final whistle.

It’s a crap idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Fan zones just wouldn’t be used.

Folk in Scotland don’t turn up for matches hours in advance or hang about after the final whistle.

It’s a crap idea.
    They would be used for certain games though.

Dont know why we cant set up temporary fan zones inbetween the east and famous five for certain games like the derby next month. Doesnt need to happen every game as i dont think there would be much of a turnout for a midweek game against hamilton in january but for the bigger games we should be looking at something