Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

"5 winnable games"

St Johnstone h
    Motherwell a
    Kilmarnock a
    Hearts h
    Kilmarnock a

I've read a few people saying that we've got 5 winnable games coming up and that after we play them, any doubts we may have could ease.

Obviously 12 points and progression in the league cup is what everyone hopes for, but what are people's expectations and secondly, what return do we need to confirm that Hecky is on the right track?

I'm not hard to please. For me, if we get home wins against St Johnstone and hearts, I'll be able to give our management team the benefit of the doubt. If we can get anything from the 3 away trips, all the better. Even 4 draws and a cup win might just about keep me curious, but any less and my current status of "unconvinced" will change to "totally convinced" and not in a good way.

Of course, 9 or more points and a semifinal will have me looking out my happy clapper gloves once again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

See no reason why we cant get 12 points from that. None of those teams look impressive or any better than us. A clean sheet on Saturday would go a long way to convincing me!

7pts from that I think.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    4 points and out the league cup

Testimonial Due
    All games are winnable, but its what team turns up for each game that's the problem!
    At the moment in Scottish football it seems each team can do damage to the other, but there is no consistency from game to game.
    I think 3 wins and a draw from these games would be outstanding!!!!

Will be hugely surprised if we were to win them all, I don’t think we have it in us to be that consistent at the moment.

None of the other teams are brilliant so it will probably be a case of all taking points of each other. I think we’ll get more points than we drop in that run but we won’t win them all.

Left by mutual consent!
    5 points and through to the Semi.

Coaching Staff
    We’ll beat St Johnstone, and draw with Killie in the league.

Feart to predict any outcome in the others, as it depends on how the players turn up on the day.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Sorry but one game at a time😄

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 points and out the league cup
    That'll confirm that Hecky is on the right track?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

4 wins and a loss to hearts would see the hexit campaign become even more divisive.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    6 and progression in the cup would be the minimum I’d hope for and would be a solid if unspectacular start to the season. 9 points from 6 and a cup semi.

I think we’ll get 7 and a cup win from looking at the games though. 2 home wins, a draw and a defeat away and through in the cup in ET.

St Johnstone D
    Motherwell L
    Kilmarnock L
    Hearts W
    Kilmarnock W.

@hibs.net private member
    All winnable games - but if Hecky (or Lennon or Stubbs before him) won all of them he'd deserve a medal.

Even a team on steamroller form is likely to hit the odd glitch or just encounter another side hitting their stride so 5 wins out of 5 would be exceptional.

If we got something like three wins a draw and a loss it could still be considered good form.

12 points and cup progression. 40 goals for 35 against. Killie will take us to pens after us leading them 4-0 at HT and there'll be a Heckingbottom out poll on here after the game.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    St Johnstone h - 2-1 win
    Motherwell a 2-2 draw
    Kilmarnock a 0-1 lose
    Hearts h 2-2 draw
    Kilmarnock a 3-1 win

so 5 points and a cup win..with only one defeat.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I must admit, nice to see a positive thread on here😄

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    6 and progression in the cup would be the minimum I’d hope for and would be a solid if unspectacular start to the season. 9 points from 6 and a cup semi.

I think we’ll get 7 and a cup win from looking at the games though. 2 home wins, a draw and a defeat away and through in the cup in ET.
    I'd go with this.

(But win in normal time at Killie.)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I must admit, nice to see a positive thread on here😄
    I phrased it as positively as I could.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Cup progress and 5-7 points would be a good return on those games.
    Mon the Hibs.

If we win all of these I'm happy to bet that some on here will still be complaining.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Cup progress and 5-7 points would be a good return on those games.
    That is where I am. The Cups are very important to me. Silverware always trumps european nights or derby wins. 5-7 points gives us a fair start to the league and hopefully the anticipation will keep the Heck Haters looking a bit more positively at the manager and team.

Assuming we're targeting 3rd or 4th with a cup run as a good season I'd say St Johnstone is a must win and you'd want 3 or 4 out of the two away games that follow.
    Getting 2 points or worse from that is below par for top 4 - doesn't mean we're out of it but we'd want good results elsewhere (either us or other teams) to compensate.

The Derby is the Derby - any result possible regardless of how each team is playing though I'd bet on the draw with both teams being more concerned with not losing.

I'd be delighted with 7 points in the league and a cup semi to deliver part of our target and see us in good shape for top 4.

W - St Johnstone, Motherwell, Kilmarnock (cup)
    L - Kilmarnock (league)
    D - Hearts

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That'll confirm that Hecky is on the right track?
    Sorry took your advice from the pun discussion on the transfer thread to skip past posts where when the content didn’t interest me so missed your question, thought folk were just giving predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    If we win all of these I'm happy to bet that some on here will still be complaining.
    That's not always accurate. Sometimes there's no complaints but people just blame the fact a player is being scouted ;)

St Johnstone W - 3-1
    Motherwell L - 1-2
    Kilmarnock L - 0-2
    Hearts L - 1-4
    Kilmarnock L - 1-3

I can't see this team winning much away from home.
    We will do better at home but not v Hearts this season, the way our team is set up couldn't suit a derby match less and we'll get steamrollered

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    St Johnstone W - 3-1
    Motherwell L - 1-2
    Kilmarnock L - 0-2
    Hearts L - 1-4
    Kilmarnock L - 1-3

I can't see this team winning much away from home.
    We will do better at home but not v Hearts this season, the way our team is set up couldn't suit a derby match less and we'll get steamrollered
    Hearts won’t steam roller anybody. Much less us at ER.

Edit: I just saw your score line prediction for the derby. At least I know you were kidding now.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I love these next X games’ threads ;) wonder when it became “a thing” probably around the time managers started trotting out “one game at a time” :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hearts won’t steam roller anybody. Much less us at ER.

Edit: I just saw your score line prediction for the derby. At least I know you were kidding now.
    The derby matches will be the usual physical battles, full of aggression and blood and thunder stuff. We aren't looking particularly blessed in those attributes and I fear our midfield will get rag-dolled. Hope I'm wrong.

It's an interesting question, that most people have ignored in favour of merely predicting results.

Taking the fact Killie is a cup game out of the equation, we have 3 games v teams we finished above last season and two vs a team we finished below.

For PH to be the right man, I'm looking for progression. That means beating St Johnstone, picking up a point at fir park, at least a point in the derby and picking up a point in Kilmarnock.

So overall, 6 points and taking killie to at least extra time.

But as is so often the case, it's hard to judge. If we were to win 4 games and get papped by hearts, I'd be calling for his head!
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 19-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.