hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: Owen Jones

  1. #181
    Testimonial Due sadtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Embra
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,986
    The 'ignore them' or 'laugh at them' argument is the epitome of middle class, white priviledge.
    If you ignore them it allows them to organise, grow in number, become enboldened. If they can 'swagger' about major town centres they can appeal to the usual easlily led thick knuckle scrapers who are their natural constituancy. Part of their appeal is to look the 'hardest gang in town'. If they are getting leathered and chased everywhere that appeal crumbles.
    Remember, as they increase in number and confidence its not those white folks in nice house that see the effect. Its the 'obvious' targets who bare the brunt. Those of different colour, faith, language. Then those of different sexual orientation (or even gender) then its on to the obvious political opponents. Obvious 'lefties', striking workers or campaigners.
    It starts with grafitti/verbal abuse, to threats and broken windows, to physical assault and murder...and always against the minority groups first. They dont get the chance to 'ignore' them.
    They need taken on ideologically and physically. They might not come for you until its too late to stop them, as a wise pastor once said.
    Make fascists afraid again!
    The only good one is a dead one.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #182
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,131
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 'ignore them' or 'laugh at them' argument is the epitome of middle class, white priviledge.
    If you ignore them it allows them to organise, grow in number, become enboldened. If they can 'swagger' about major town centres they can appeal to the usual easlily led thick knuckle scrapers who are their natural constituancy. Part of their appeal is to look the 'hardest gang in town'. If they are getting leathered and chased everywhere that appeal crumbles.
    Remember, as they increase in number and confidence its not those white folks in nice house that see the effect. Its the 'obvious' targets who bare the brunt. Those of different colour, faith, language. Then those of different sexual orientation (or even gender) then its on to the obvious political opponents. Obvious 'lefties', striking workers or campaigners.
    It starts with grafitti/verbal abuse, to threats and broken windows, to physical assault and murder...and always against the minority groups first. They dont get the chance to 'ignore' them.
    They need taken on ideologically and physically. They might not come for you until its too late to stop them, as a wise pastor once said.
    Make fascists afraid again!
    The only good one is a dead one.
    100%

  4. #183
    First Team Regular Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 'ignore them' or 'laugh at them' argument is the epitome of middle class, white priviledge.
    If you ignore them it allows them to organise, grow in number, become enboldened. If they can 'swagger' about major town centres they can appeal to the usual easlily led thick knuckle scrapers who are their natural constituancy. Part of their appeal is to look the 'hardest gang in town'. If they are getting leathered and chased everywhere that appeal crumbles.
    Remember, as they increase in number and confidence its not those white folks in nice house that see the effect. Its the 'obvious' targets who bare the brunt. Those of different colour, faith, language. Then those of different sexual orientation (or even gender) then its on to the obvious political opponents. Obvious 'lefties', striking workers or campaigners.
    It starts with grafitti/verbal abuse, to threats and broken windows, to physical assault and murder...and always against the minority groups first. They dont get the chance to 'ignore' them.
    They need taken on ideologically and physically. They might not come for you until its too late to stop them, as a wise pastor once said.
    Make fascists afraid again!
    The only good one is a dead one.
    Look at it another way, the fascists have the upper hand when it comes to fighting.

    More sophisticated weaponry is needed.

  5. #184
    I thought the Heckingbottom threads on the main board were grim but the Holy Ground has gone absolutely Tonto these last couple of days.

  6. #185
    So we're now just openly advocating beating people up and proclaiming people are better off dead if they have different beliefs that we don't agree with?

    Jesus wept..

  7. #186
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,408
    i find the far left as dislikeable(AND violent) as the far right

  8. #187
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i find the far left as dislikeable(AND violent) as the far right
    I would agree with that, while I have no qualms about bona fide genuine Nazis or supremacists taking a hiding I find that these words are banded about so frequently these days that it could be someone you just don't agree with on a very basic level

  9. #188
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,131
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we're now just openly advocating beating people up and proclaiming people are better off dead if they have different beliefs that we don't agree with?

    Jesus wept..
    Yep, you reap what you sow.

  10. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would agree with that, while I have no qualms about bona fide genuine Nazis or supremacists taking a hiding I find that these words are banded about so frequently these days that it could be someone you just don't agree with on a very basic level
    This for me is the danger, especially in the US we're seeing anyone with slightly centre right views called a Nazi or white supremacist, we're throwing these words about so much that they almost don't mean anything anymore.

    I think it's rather ironic that the far left is calling everyone and their dog a fascist but they are the only ones actively looking to shut down the communication of anyone that doesn't agree with them, exactly what fascism is.

    Tim Pool, a journalist active on YouTube, has some good output on how crazy the far left are getting (he's centre left himself).

    To bring it back to the thread seeing the violence of Antifa in the US I'd be wary of advocating violence when anyone marginally to the right is getting labelled a Nazi these days.
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 30-08-2019 at 09:16 PM.

  11. #190
    @hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    35
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This for me is the danger, especially in the US we're seeing anyone with slightly centre right views called a Nazi or white supremacist, we're throwing these words about so much that they almost don't mean anything anymore.

    I think it's rather ironic that the far left is calling everyone and their dog a fascist but they are the only ones actively looking to shut down the communication of anyone that doesn't agree with them, exactly what fascism is.

    Tim Pool, a journalist active on YouTube, has some good output on how crazy the far left are getting (he's centre left himself).

    To bring it back to the thread seeing the violence of Antifa in the US I'd be wary of advocating violence when anyone marginally to the right is getting labelled a Nazi these days.
    I think the people who are being called white supremacists in the USA are generally white supremacists e.g. Proud Boys.

  12. #191
    First Team Regular Cataplana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i find the far left as dislikeable(AND violent) as the far right
    What pisses me off is the Combat Rock sloganism that is supposed to encourage resistance to the fascists. It has probably done as much to alienate ordinary people from the cause, and pushed them towards the more reactionary beliefs of the right.

    Working class heroes these days tend to identify with old fashioned values than any thoughts of a better future. (Off at a tangent here) it is most ironic that the whole mod scene has been hijacked by this yearning for the past, when mods were revolutionaries, rejecting traditional working class values in the 60s.

  13. #192
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    18,726
    Starting at about 2 minutes in, there's an excellent statement here from US Attorney Justin Herdman. What he says should also apply to the UK.

    https://youtu.be/56M8xaiJFxo

  14. #193
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we're now just openly advocating beating people up and proclaiming people are better off dead if they have different beliefs that we don't agree with?

    Jesus wept..
    If only that happened to the Brown Shirts in Weimar Germany we could have saved the world a host of deaths.

    Fascism canít be reasoned with, it has to be broken.

    J

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved