hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Owen Jones

The 'ignore them' or 'laugh at them' argument is the epitome of middle class, white priviledge.
    If you ignore them it allows them to organise, grow in number, become enboldened. If they can 'swagger' about major town centres they can appeal to the usual easlily led thick knuckle scrapers who are their natural constituancy. Part of their appeal is to look the 'hardest gang in town'. If they are getting leathered and chased everywhere that appeal crumbles.
    Remember, as they increase in number and confidence its not those white folks in nice house that see the effect. Its the 'obvious' targets who bare the brunt. Those of different colour, faith, language. Then those of different sexual orientation (or even gender) then its on to the obvious political opponents. Obvious 'lefties', striking workers or campaigners.
    It starts with grafitti/verbal abuse, to threats and broken windows, to physical assault and murder...and always against the minority groups first. They dont get the chance to 'ignore' them.
    They need taken on ideologically and physically. They might not come for you until its too late to stop them, as a wise pastor once said.
    Make fascists afraid again!
    The only good one is a dead one.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 'ignore them' or 'laugh at them' argument is the epitome of middle class, white priviledge.
    If you ignore them it allows them to organise, grow in number, become enboldened. If they can 'swagger' about major town centres they can appeal to the usual easlily led thick knuckle scrapers who are their natural constituancy. Part of their appeal is to look the 'hardest gang in town'. If they are getting leathered and chased everywhere that appeal crumbles.
    Remember, as they increase in number and confidence its not those white folks in nice house that see the effect. Its the 'obvious' targets who bare the brunt. Those of different colour, faith, language. Then those of different sexual orientation (or even gender) then its on to the obvious political opponents. Obvious 'lefties', striking workers or campaigners.
    It starts with grafitti/verbal abuse, to threats and broken windows, to physical assault and murder...and always against the minority groups first. They dont get the chance to 'ignore' them.
    They need taken on ideologically and physically. They might not come for you until its too late to stop them, as a wise pastor once said.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Look at it another way, the fascists have the upper hand when it comes to fighting.

More sophisticated weaponry is needed.

I thought the Heckingbottom threads on the main board were grim but the Holy Ground has gone absolutely Tonto these last couple of days.

So we're now just openly advocating beating people up and proclaiming people are better off dead if they have different beliefs that we don't agree with?

Jesus wept..

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i find the far left as dislikeable(AND violent) as the far right

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    I would agree with that, while I have no qualms about bona fide genuine Nazis or supremacists taking a hiding I find that these words are banded about so frequently these days that it could be someone you just don't agree with on a very basic level

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    So we're now just openly advocating beating people up and proclaiming people are better off dead if they have different beliefs that we don't agree with?

Jesus wept..
    Yep, you reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I would agree with that, while I have no qualms about bona fide genuine Nazis or supremacists taking a hiding I find that these words are banded about so frequently these days that it could be someone you just don't agree with on a very basic level
    This for me is the danger, especially in the US we're seeing anyone with slightly centre right views called a Nazi or white supremacist, we're throwing these words about so much that they almost don't mean anything anymore.

I think it's rather ironic that the far left is calling everyone and their dog a fascist but they are the only ones actively looking to shut down the communication of anyone that doesn't agree with them, exactly what fascism is.

Tim Pool, a journalist active on YouTube, has some good output on how crazy the far left are getting (he's centre left himself).

To bring it back to the thread seeing the violence of Antifa in the US I'd be wary of advocating violence when anyone marginally to the right is getting labelled a Nazi these days.
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 30-08-2019 at 09:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    This for me is the danger, especially in the US we're seeing anyone with slightly centre right views called a Nazi or white supremacist, we're throwing these words about so much that they almost don't mean anything anymore.

I think it's rather ironic that the far left is calling everyone and their dog a fascist but they are the only ones actively looking to shut down the communication of anyone that doesn't agree with them, exactly what fascism is.

Tim Pool, a journalist active on YouTube, has some good output on how crazy the far left are getting (he's centre left himself).

To bring it back to the thread seeing the violence of Antifa in the US I'd be wary of advocating violence when anyone marginally to the right is getting labelled a Nazi these days.
    I think the people who are being called white supremacists in the USA are generally white supremacists e.g. Proud Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    What pisses me off is the Combat Rock sloganism that is supposed to encourage resistance to the fascists. It has probably done as much to alienate ordinary people from the cause, and pushed them towards the more reactionary beliefs of the right.

Working class heroes these days tend to identify with old fashioned values than any thoughts of a better future. (Off at a tangent here) it is most ironic that the whole mod scene has been hijacked by this yearning for the past, when mods were revolutionaries, rejecting traditional working class values in the 60s.

@hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Starting at about 2 minutes in, there's an excellent statement here from US Attorney Justin Herdman. What he says should also apply to the UK.

https://youtu.be/56M8xaiJFxo

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Jesus wept..
    If only that happened to the Brown Shirts in Weimar Germany we could have saved the world a host of deaths.

Fascism canít be reasoned with, it has to be broken.

J