hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People post opinions and the reply from some relentlessly is “pish” or “garbage” or “another doom and gloom thread” without giving any reasoning behind logic.

Anyone posting things from the alternative point of view usually gets digs in about posters concerned and if there’s a reply as to why they disagree it’s usually a quite measured reply.
    👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    They are.

There’s also plenty others who are putting the boot in. Like I said in my other post, there was even a poster yesterday who was that desperate to put the boot in that he/she point blank refused to accept we won.
    You understand his point, though.

We shipped 3 goals to a team mid table in the league below us, losing the lead twice to end up drawing after 90 minutes.

We needed extra time to beat them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I don't know, but something isn't right. It feels different. It feels crap.
    I tend to agree. We can't ignore the fact that the new guys don't look up to the job, and that the likes of MacGregor and Gray are past it. I can definitely understand why people are worrying at the moment.

I am the eternal optimist though, I like Hecky and think that he has the man management skills to sort this out. All he really needs, to keep his job, is to finish above Hearts, and that doesn't look to hard a test at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

We shipped 3 goals to a team mid table in the league below us, losing the lead twice to end up drawing after 90 minutes.

Only one team yesterday didn't need extra time, and that included Celtic against lower league opposition. It happens, and the reaction from other fan groups isn't as extreme.

Other managers got far more of a time for their players to bed in than PH has had. The searing negativity in this forum in the last two weeks has been unbearable. I don't quite understand why.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    I’m not feeling that. We’ve new players in defence, midfield and attack. Im prepared to give them more than two League games before writing them off (bearing in mind we’re to ignore the League Cup progression).
    And you're right not to write them off.

On a positivity scale of 1 to 10, I'm probably about a 5.

A convincing 3-0 win next week might raise that to a 7/8, but that's exactly what we need.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 18-08-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

I understand the point he’s trying to make. I think it’s incorrect and I think it was a deliberate attempt to make things out to be even worse.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that if we won the Scottish Cup in extra time nobody would have been going around telling folk we won the cup by drawing with Rangers. People would have correctly been saying we beat Rangers to win the cup.

Saying we drew yesterday is a deliberate attempt to avoid saying that we won because it doesn’t tie in with the desperation to have a go at everything Hibs for some posters.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 18-08-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Then we remove all the wins we’ve had from any statistics were about to quote and get back to bashing the club. Simples.
    People love to be outraged by something

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar

Under Neil Lennon we failed to beat Morton with a side containing Ambrose, McGinn, Boyle and McGeoch. I don’t remember folk losing their **** then?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I understand the point he’s trying to make. I think it’s incorrect and I think it was a deliberate attempt to make things out to be even worse.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that if we won the Scottish Cup in extra time nobody would have been going around telling folk we won the cup by drawing with Rangers.
    A semi final win on penalties took us there too so let’s make it an even better six out of seven

Under Neil Lennon we failed to beat Morton with a side containing Ambrose, McGinn, Boyle and McGeoch. I don’t remember folk losing their **** then?
    And didn't score 1 never mind 3

Left by mutual consent!
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we’ve been great and there’s definitely improvement needed.

People just seem that desperate to put the boot in that they’re actively trying to remove good results from the equation. There was even a guy on the Morton match thread who was adamant we didn’t win yesterday such was his determination to paint a bleak picture.
    People aren’t desperate to put the boot in though mate, everyone would rather the team was in a lot better place than it is and it’s a concerning time on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Only one team yesterday didn't need extra time, and that included Celtic against lower league opposition. It happens, and the reaction from other fan groups isn't as extreme.

Other managers got far more of a time for their players to bed in than PH has had. The searing negativity in this forum in the last two weeks has been unbearable. I don't quite understand why.
    I bet the reactions are exactly the same from other supports. Celtic were booed yesterday for instance. And a lot of their support were sticking the boot in to Lennon before they’d even played a game under him. Hearts fans can’t stand Levein. Go back to last year and you had Martin Canning’s dad getting abuse in the stand.

I think Hibs fans are actually quite patient given we largely under achieve.

Left by mutual consent!
    Was that a one off while seeing that we had a good capable side that could go for promotion?

Morton, like last week was brutal, not as brutal but it’s major warning signs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I bet the reactions are exactly the same from other supports. Celtic were booed yesterday for instance. And a lot of their support were sticking the boot in to Lennon before they’d even played a game under him. Hearts fans can’t stand Levein. Go back to last year and you had Martin Canning’s dad getting abuse in the stand.

I think Hibs fans are actually quite patient given we largely under achieve.
    Extremely patient but at the same time negative and worried because of events that’s happened pretty recently.

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably because you knew fine well it was just an off day then and so far this season we've had more off days than on days.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    People aren’t desperate to put the boot in though mate, everyone would rather the team was in a lot better place than it is and it’s a concerning time on the pitch.
    I don’t doubt that everyone wants that and I’m not saying that everyone who has posted something negative falls into that category. Both yourself and HR have been fairly negative if I may say so but I wouldn’t class you two in that category, or even the majority of posters.

When you have people refusing to acknowledge that we even won yesterday and claiming we drew through then imo they’re trying to manufacture something to have a go at the club about. And if you’re doing that then that makes you desperate to put the boot in imo.

They annihilated us at Easter Road under Stubbs the season before too. And we were all losing our **** then.....landmark season though.

Was that a one off while seeing that we had a good capable side that could go for promotion?

Morton, like last week was brutal, not as brutal but it’s major warning signs.
    Was it a one off? Both Stubbs and Lennon had plenty of dodgy performances / results during their time at the club. How does Heckingbottom’s record so far compare?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Probably because you knew fine well it was just an off day then and so far this season we've had more off days than on days.
    We had 17 off days that season against worse teams than Morton

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

I've never been one to jump on a defeat and cry that the sky is falling down, but my opinion hasn't been formed on the back of a single game.

We've shown nothing since we beat Hearts on 6 April and it's not just the results that give rise to concern.

I think that our run from 8th to 5th place had more to do with the positive effect of Lennon leaving than Hecky arriving, because I didn't see any difference in the way we approached games.

Let me be clear, I'm not calling for anyone's head and I've no option but to wait to see if the new players can gell, but currently I'm unconvinced.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 18-08-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Have we? No, we haven’t.

I've never been one to jump on a defeat and cry that the sky is falling down, but my opinion has been formed on the back of a single game.

We've shown nothing since we beat Hearts on 6 April and it's not just the results that give rise to concern.

I think that our run from 8th to 5th place had more to do with the positive effect of Lennon leaving than Hecky arriving, because I didn't see any difference in the way we approached games.

Let me be vlearI'm not calling for anyone's head and I've no option but to wait to see if the new players can fell, but currently I'm unconvinced.
    We will win.

Hibs for the Cup.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Ah The ying and the yang of Hibs.net. Maybe a better way of referring to happy clappers and bed wetters.
    I've always been more of a Happy Clapper than a Bed Wetter. These days though I feel more at home as a kind of Bed Clapper.

We will win.

Hibs for the Cup.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I've always been more of a Happy Clapper than a Bed Wetter. These days though I feel more at home as a kind of Bed Clapper.
    I'm a happy wetter. That's more fun.

We will win.

Hibs for the Cup.
    Vintage stuff

Left by mutual consent!
    Was it a one off? Both Stubbs and Lennon had plenty of dodgy performances / results during their time at the club. How does Heckingbottom’s record so far compare?
    Let’s be totally honest, under Stubbs and Lennon we seen a team being shaped and performed brilliantly at times. There’s nothing apart from stats to say any team since Tynie we’ve put out is getting there or evidence to be optimistic.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm not removing anything, I'm just trying to present what I thought was a balanced view somewhere between "we're total rubbish" and "we've won 5 out of 7"... which are both extreme viewpoints.
    “We’ve won 5 out of 7” can’t, by any stretch of the imagination, be presented as an extreme viewpoint.

Let’s be totally honest, under Stubbs and Lennon we seen a team being shaped and performed brilliantly at times. There’s nothing apart from stats to say any team since Tynie we’ve put out is getting there or evidence to be optimistic.
    Apart from stats?

Ok then...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    “We’ve won 5 out of 7” can’t, by any stretch of the imagination, be presented as an extreme viewpoint.
    Neither could be the statement that we’ve struggled in 5 out 7 games, regardless of victory. And in 6 of they seven games they have been against a lot smaller sides than us and the one bigger club demolished us.
    Last edited by The 90+2; 18-08-2019 at 02:01 PM.