hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

5 wins in 7 games....

That’s our record this season and seems a good few of our “support” want Heckingbottom out....

Absolutely ridiculous.

I’ll settle for that win ratio throughout the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s our record this season and seems a good few of our “support” want Heckingbottom out....����*♂️

Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree with you, but you'll never win the argument.

That’s our record this season and seems a good few of our “support” want Heckingbottom out....

Absolutely ridiculous.

You have to take account of the quality of the opposition, the performances and the hope for the future.

Black and white it is a great record scratch below the surface and there are issues.

The truth probably lies some where in between the extremes on this board.

Right now no Hibs fans would relish an away trip anywhere let alone Ibrox, Celtic Park, Tyncastle which would strike a good deal of fear in most.

Left by mutual consent!
    This thread won’t lead to more arguing or anything.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Yay, a positive thread. I will predict it lasting about 10 posts max. Good on you for trying though. You are right as well we're no where near as bad as a select few on here would have you believe

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    You have to take account of the quality of the opposition, the performances and the hope for the future.

Black and white it is a great record scratch below the surface and there are issues.

Right now no Hibs fans would relish an away trip anywhere let alone Ibrox, Celtic Park, Tyncastle which would strike a good deal of fear in most.
    Spot on, completely agree with everything you say.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Yay, a positive thread. I will predict it lasting about 10 posts max. Good on you for trying though. You are right as well we're no where near as bad as a select few on here would have you believe
    You’ve already spoiled the positivity with a negative attitude.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    You’ve already spoiled the positivity with a negative attitude.
    A negative attitude to the negativity equals a positive!!😉

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This thread won’t lead to more arguing or anything.
    I know. It supports the team. Plenty people not going to stand for that.

Testimonial Due

Absolutely ridiculous.

I heard we once had a manager with 1 in 13 and there was not a beep from fans.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed I'm still behind the manager, the board and the team. Already looking forward to St J

@hibs.net private member
    The managers definitely needs more time but I'm not surprised if an extra time win at home against Morton after the shipping 3 goals doesn't turn around the doubters.

Left by mutual consent!

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'd settle for that too. But if you want it to continue you're going to have to drop down a league or two.

We're a bit of a glass cannon at the moment. A threat infront of goal but a bit lost in defence too. I ain't too worried at this stage, I have faith we will get it together over the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Ah The ying and the yang of Hibs.net. Maybe a better way of referring to happy clappers and bed wetters.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post

Totally agree with you there. Iv seen people labelled happy clappers by being fed up with the hysteria on here. I don’t think anyone is. Some are just willing to give the manager and new players a bit of time.

Agree that we are some where in between. We are certainly not firing on all cylinders, but we are also not as dreadful as a few noisy complainers on here would have you believe.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Totally agree with you there. Iv seen people labelled happy clappers by being fed up with the hysteria on here. I don’t think anyone is. Some are just willing to give the manager and new players a bit of time.

Agree that we are some where in between. We are certainly not firing on all cylinders, but we are also not as dreadful as a few noisy complainers on here would have you believe.
    I was willing to give Terry Butcher some time, he only needed to win one game to keep us up. Seen it all play out before.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't really get the overly negative reaction from some fans so early in the season, Hecky has not had 1 full season to show what he can do. He also came into the club at a time we were in freefall, players unmotivated, our star player in Kamberi almost walking out the club and playing well below his capability.

However, Hecky came in and steadied the ship and got us back onto the right direction heading up into the top 6. He had a big job this summer, he needed to rebuild the team after loosing the best midfield in the country. Im right in saying Hecky has had one window to improve the squad and already he has brought great balance to the squad granted it it still short in one or two areas, but we have a midfield trio of Vela, Mallan and Allan - If Hecky in the next window can secure a quality defensive midfielder then we are looking good in the middle of the park. Surely Vela has the potential to a very good player and we are still yet to see the very best of Allan and Mallan.

Look at Kamberi this season, surely Hecky has to take great credit for the way he is playing right now? Fans were wanting shot of Kamberi last season, get rid they were crying and now he is banging in the goals, looking fit and sharp and being touted for a 2m move to Basel.

Fraser Murray under the guidance of Hecky is now getting game time, being slowly introduced to the team in the proper manner also he plays Grey at right back (Did Lennon?).

Yes it is step up for Hecky and the players he has signed from where they have been before in their careers but for me, the signs are there that he can improve and improve the players in the squad.

I think Hecky wants to be here (unlike Lennon) he will do everything he can to improve us. It's a new team, players are still finding their feet and we need to support the during this time.

All this wanting Hecky out now is pathetic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Man Down Under View Post
    We're a bit of a glass cannon at the moment. A threat infront of goal but a bit lost in defence too.
    Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk
    That’s the way I see it.

The attack minded players are chipping in with goals and assists and there is scope for improvement there as well.

The other end of the pitch is miles away from where we need to be if we want to compete though. Whether or not Gray is ever going to be properly fit concerns me. McGregor will probably have a spell out now. Hanlon has been out of form for ages now. Porteous is coming back from a long term injury so we don’t know when he’ll be up to speed. Whittaker can provide reasonable cover but will probably end up playing more than we’d like him to. Stevenson had a bit of a nightmare yesterday but should come back and be steady. And the jury is out on whether Jackson and James will are upgrades on any of the above.

Chuck in the lack of midfield options in a more defensive sense as well.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we are one defensive midfielder away from a decent side from which to build on. Far from a crap team.

Wonder how many more games we need to win before people stop panicking? We'll probably win on Saturday too. Still wont be good enough for some.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeh but the pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Wonder how many more games we need to win before people stop panicking? We'll probably win on Saturday too. Still wont be good enough for some.
    If we start beating a decent level of opposition consistently it’ll be good enough for plenty. We have failed to beat a couple of lower league teams over 90 minutes and suffered our worst league result in a number of years. It’s hardly surprising that there is a bit of discontent.

A win next week makes it a reasonable start to the season. Anything less, and the negativity will increase.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Think we have all seen Hibs enough to know we are not performing well..particularly defensively. the management team will be thinking the exact same ...I’m certainly not of the opinion the manager should go ..but it will take much more than one win next week for fans and the management team to trust the performance levels of our squad this season ...I think it will be towards the end of October before we really know what we are going to be getting this campaign..

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Agreed. We are not nearly as bad as some of the absolute roasters on here would have you think.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    I was willing to give Terry Butcher some time, he only needed to win one game to keep us up. Seen it all play out before.
    Damn are you even on this positive thread!? Have a look at the difference in the squads between then and now. Honestly don’t even think it’s comparable.

Yeah Butcher couldn’t win one game. We have a manager that came in and got us top 6 when it looked highly unlikely. This season we are in the qtr finals of the cup and sitting with 3 points out of 6. Butcher? Ffs, that’s absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I know. It supports the team. Plenty people not going to stand for that.
    An unhealthy amount won’t.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Damn are you even on this positive thread!? Have a look at the difference in the squads between then and now. Honestly don’t even think it’s comparable.

Yeah Butcher couldn’t win one game. We have a manager that came in and got us top 6 when it looked highly unlikely. This season we are in the qtr finals of the cup and sitting with 3 points out of 6. Butcher? Ffs, that’s absolute nonsense.
    The squad then that everyone was convinced was one of the best in the league until it went t*** up?

Quote Originally Posted by Slavers View Post
    I don't really get the overly negative reaction from some fans so early in the season, Hecky has not had 1 full season to show what he can do. He also came into the club at a time we were in freefall, players unmotivated, our star player in Kamberi almost walking out the club and playing well below his capability.

However, Hecky came in and steadied the ship and got us back onto the right direction heading up into the top 6. He had a big job this summer, he needed to rebuild the team after loosing the best midfield in the country. Im right in saying Hecky has had one window to improve the squad and already he has brought great balance to the squad granted it it still short in one or two areas, but we have a midfield trio of Vela, Mallan and Allan - If Hecky in the next window can secure a quality defensive midfielder then we are looking good in the middle of the park. Surely Vela has the potential to a very good player and we are still yet to see the very best of Allan and Mallan.

Look at Kamberi this season, surely Hecky has to take great credit for the way he is playing right now? Fans were wanting shot of Kamberi last season, get rid they were crying and now he is banging in the goals, looking fit and sharp and being touted for a 2m move to Basel.

Fraser Murray under the guidance of Hecky is now getting game time, being slowly introduced to the team in the proper manner also he plays Grey at right back (Did Lennon?).

Yes it is step up for Hecky and the players he has signed from where they have been before in their careers but for me, the signs are there that he can improve and improve the players in the squad.

I think Hecky wants to be here (unlike Lennon) he will do everything he can to improve us. It's a new team, players are still finding their feet and we need to support the during this time.

All this wanting Hecky out now is pathetic!!
    Exactly. There are too many keyboard Guardiolas that think they know it all because they've won things on Football Manager. I get the impression there are some wanting us to lose so they can say "I told you so."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    The squad then that everyone was convinced was one of the best in the league until it went t*** up?
    Under Butcher? No one thought that. Your totally just making stuff up to suit your agenda. We had been hovering around relegation for years. No one thought that was one of the top squads in the league.