hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that about the only statement you've made that's right ...how's your club doing ? Not seen you down gorgie for a while

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    No need for that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No only you !but I've not made any claims only pointed out things all fans are saying.
    You might not like it but their you go .
    Be specific on what you point is ?

"All fans"? Mmmm cant remember saying any of the "things" you allude to nor being asked. Perhaps you mean one or two likeminded individuals of your ken because demonstrably you are not nor are you able to speak or claim to be reflecting the opinions of "all" fans.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 19-08-2019 at 09:59 AM.

There is far to much work going into the community aspect. I understand these things are good for a club to be involved in. But if significant investment in this area is seriously effecting our playing budget, its not fair on fans who are paying £1000 a season to watch the team on the park.

Our infrastructure is already better than most of the teams in the U.K

lets get third spot for a few years on the bounce then buy a new indoor pitch.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    There is far to much work going into the community aspect. I understand these things are good for a club to be involved in. But if significant investment in this area is seriously effecting our playing budget, its not fair on fans who are paying £1000 a season to watch the team on the park.

Completely disagree...we were founded to support the community..should always be a big part of our story ..regardless , and more importantly , it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds ...

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Completely disagree...we were founded to support the community..should always be a big part of our story ..regardless , and more importantly , it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds ...
    Not a hit at you but I don't believe that as gospel.

If there was no community budget then surely more could be diverted to player budget.

No gripe with money going to community but not convinced that there isn't flexibility between the two funds.

Many years ago now but I remember the club claimed that Club 86 money was for youth team only but it was used for other things.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Agreed. I don't think the playing budget is impacted, at least not significantly, but the gains that can be made short, medium, and long term by engaging in good community initiatives is massive and I would say it is essential that we are involved in the community.

It's not a 'nice to have', it's a really important activity.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Agreed. I don't think the playing budget is impacted, at least not significantly, but the gains that can be made short, medium, and long term by engaging in good community initiatives is massive and I would say it is essential that we are involved in the community.

Matty respect your view, but we surely need to maximise revenue. I think this was part of the takeover deal from STF.

Ps got two we are all Hibs tee-shirt, ten quid in the pot

Coaching Staff

Yes by all means be involved in the community but I also think too much emphasis being placed on it at the moment. Hibs are not a social work out reach charity they are first & foremost a professional football club.
    Last edited by Lago; 19-08-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Matty respect your view, but we surely need to maximise revenue. I think this was part of the takeover deal from STF.

Ps got two we are all Hibs tee-shirt, ten quid in the pot
    Part of maximising revenue comes from the results of the community work.

A quick google of corporate social responsibility will show the benefits of a strong community engagement strategy.

It's a great way to increase revenue.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Yes by all means be involved in the community but I also think too much emphasis being placed on it at the moment. Hibs are not a social work out read charity they are first & foremost a professional football club.
    Can you tell me which activities have come at the expense of us running as a professional football club?

The community stuff helps us operate as a football club.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes by all means be involved in the community but I also think too much emphasis being placed on it at the moment. Hibs are not a social work out read charity they are first & foremost a professional football club.
    We disagree ...Hibs in the community is a major part of our role ..the community foundation is a separate legal entity from the football club...I don’t know what (if any) donations are given to it
    From the football club ...but I bet you it is not material ...the foundation do amazing work ..all funded by fund raising and sometimes fees for their services ...

Left by mutual consent!

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    As I pointed out an Amerucan company operating in the UK and Scotland was able to get their way round UK employment law and employ the same techniques as used in the US with some subtle nuances. Ron has bought a football club which is run as a business and I sure he will want results on and off the the pitch.

And in pointing that out, you ignore that fact that HFC isn’t an American company operating in the uk, it’s a British company operating in the uk.

Wasn’t there some PR about RG’s bank being community focussed and serving a minority community? If so, that doesn’t strike me as someone who will be looking to get around employment laws and forcing people out.

Coaching Staff
    Can you tell me which activities have come at the expense of us running as a professional football club?

The community stuff helps us operate as a football club.
    No I can't to be honest, but what I will say is, that having supported Hibs for 49 years, it's only in the last couple of years that I have become more & more aware of the emphasis being placed on Hibs being a community club. That's great but it is surely foremost a professional football club.

Whilst "community" is important. I think its become too much of a focus for LD.

Im not sitting in the pub after we have been pummelled 6-1 by the Huns we have all spent about £100 each turning to the boys in and gaun " its orite lads its all about the amazing community spirit we are generating its a long term plan to drum up business and we will have our nice new indoor pitch, we got auld davie a new pair of boots for walking football and wee jean got a nice afternoon tea in the club raffle"

Im just about crying into my pint wondering why Hecky is saying we are not making any more signings!

I think what she has done with Hibs in the past five years is nothing short of miraculous and I hope we are lucky enough to keep her.

but....

I do also have an issue with our budget and recruitment strategy.
    If we are looking to be the best of the rest, we must spend the like the best of the rest.
    There is a good core to this Hibs team but it needs some real quality acquisitions to go out and get us a cup and a good third placed finish. There is absolutely no reason we cant establish our self as the third biggest team in Scottish football.

We have the third highest attendances (hearts count St's that dont turn up)
    We have the third best training facilities (Uefa Gold standard)
    We have the third biggest stadium (Uefa Gold Standard)

Give us the third best team and lets see where it goes.

With a weakened Aberdeen. This is the year to go for the jugular.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No I can't to be honest, but what I will say is, that having supported Hibs for 49 years, it's only in the last couple of years that I have become more & more aware of the emphasis being placed on Hibs being a community club. That's great but it is surely foremost a professional football club.
    Is the community stuff stopping us being a professional football club?

It appears to be more of a priority to our CEO than the clubs performances on the park in recent memory is all that is being proposed.

Its being used as a bit of a smokescreen for penny pinching (in my opinion).

"it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds"

Not sure that is quite correct.

Sacrificing one of our most valuable revenue streams that could pay a few players wages each year for a community sponsored strip vanity project.

or would you not count that ?

Football aint football anymore its business.

A big corporate FU to the working man - Marathon bet, Carlsberg, Wonga,Visa,Mcdonalds a cacophony of corporatism rammed into your eyes and ears.

Getting rid of the corporate sponsor a gambling company that created a revenue stream for us a relatively small club with limited income to purchase and pay for players, whilst noble. Is bad business and thereby effects us being a "successful" football club.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    As per your previous posts, the community stuff only strengthens the footballing side, albeit some of those benefits will take years to realise. But they will come and we will benefit.

More importantly, it is the right thing to do. Simple as that.

None of us were around when our club was formed and we can’t appreciate just how important it was for men, young men, in the Cowgate, with nothing better on offer.

We set up as a club with an eye to making our communities better, not just playing football. It is laudable and we should never lose sight of that.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Testimonial Due

Im not sitting in the pub after we have been pummelled 6-1 by the Huns we have all spent about £100 each turning to the boys in and gaun " its orite lads its all about the amazing community spirit we are generating its a long term plan to drum up business and we will have our nice new indoor pitch, we got auld davie a new pair of boots for walking football and wee jean got a nice afternoon tea in the club raffle"

Im just about crying into my pint wondering why Hecky is saying we are not making any more signings!

I think what she has done with Hibs in the past five years is nothing short of miraculous and I hope we are lucky enough to keep her.

but....

If we are looking to be the best of the rest, we must spend the like the best of the rest.
    There is a good core to this Hibs team but it needs some real quality acquisitions to go out and get us a cup and a good third placed finish. There is absolutely no reason we cant establish our self as the third biggest team in Scottish football.

We count seasons that don't turn up as well.

but....

5th biggest income.
    5th biggest playing budget.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    As per your previous posts, the community stuff only strengthens the footballing side, albeit some of those benefits will take years to realise. But they will come and we will benefit.

More importantly, it is the right thing to do. Simple as that.

None of us were around when our club was formed and we can’t appreciate just how important it was for men, young men, in the Cowgate, with nothing better on offer.

We set up as a club with an eye to making our communities better, not just playing football. It is laudable and we should never lose sight of that.
    The community aspect to me is hugely important imo as it links us with the community and is exactly what the club should be about. Hugely proud that we take such an active role in this. It is exactly what all clubs should be doing.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    5th biggest income.
    5th biggest playing budget.
    That 5 number again. Lol seriously though
    That is a great point .
    It annoys me why we can't generate better income streams from the stadiam/ training land.
    There was big plans for the famous 5 that never materialised for what ever reason.
    maybe LD was held back by RP and STF to be fair to her.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The community aspect to me is hugely important imo as it links us with the community and is exactly what the club should be about. Hugely proud that we take such an active role in this. It is exactly what all clubs should be doing.
    I think it's one of the things that pulled the club together it's a great initiative and seems to involve many people working towards it being even better.
    I don't think it's any surprise that when Hibs were doing well all the excitement in the community there was a strong will for more to happen.

@hibs.net private member
    "it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds"

Not sure that is quite correct.

Sacrificing one of our most valuable revenue streams that could pay a few players wages each year for a community sponsored strip vanity project.

or would you not count that ?
    I have mixed feelings about that ...it feels like they failed to get a sponsor at the right level, so they offered it to the community foundation..

My understanding (although could be wrong) is that they are expected marathon bet to take up another year and they changed their mind late in the day ...

That loss of income 150k plus a year is a commercial blow..but that is more about the commercial team in the football club, and is really nothing to do with the foundation - other than they benefitted ...

@hibs.net private member
    The community stuff that the club support is so important ...helping kids develop, mental health programmes, alcohol awareness, para football etc ...these are things we should be so proud of..

Without these, we are not the club that we set out to be ..I don’t know how much money (if any) the club give the foundation..I am absolutely sure that it is not a factor in our first teams results ..and those who don’t want us to create a support to the community around us - don’t share the same dreams as those who founded our club. it’s why our great club were created in the first place . I’d say our club has a duty to always be there for our community.

What makes you think we invest significantly in the community aspect? All the youth teams pay subs and pay for their own kit so if anything they are making money from that side of the community club.

The indoor pitch isn't for the community aspect of the club. Its for the club and like the rest of HTC it may be available for use by some of the other youth teams. BTW The vast majority of infrastructure at HTC is not allowed to be used by the community teams.

That 5 number again. Lol seriously though
    That is a great point .
    It annoys me why we can't generate better income streams from the stadiam/ training land.
    There was big plans for the famous 5 that never materialised for what ever reason.
    maybe LD was held back by RP and STF to be fair to her.

I think it's been well documented that Aberdeen generate significant income from outside investment and relative success recently. Hearts also via mythical donations and fans.

I'm sure we are always actively looking for adfitional investment. Perhaps this may have been restricted under previous ownership? Who knows.

The fact is though, that we have to punch above our weight financially if peoples expectations are 3rd.

My feeling is that we WILL see us match these clubs financially under Ron. I suspect though it'll be a gradual, steady shift and not a 'big bang' as many seem to have expected.

Patience and trust is required by all.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    What makes you think we invest significantly in the community aspect? All the youth teams pay subs and pay for their own kit so if anything they are making money from that side of the community club.

The indoor pitch isn't for the community aspect of the club. Its for the club and like the rest of HTC it may be available for use by some of the other youth teams. BTW The vast majority of infrastructure at HTC is not allowed to be used by the community teams.
    The community have full time staff - at least 5 I think - where are those salaries coming from ?

The office space is huge but the outcomes are no where near Spartans community programmes for example.

Having looked at the girls recent youth squad selections I see limited Hibs girls academy players selected also. Any reason?

Has the Girls Academy gone backwards? The manager still often has her main focus on playing like being away at World Cup so has the focus been lost ?