hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve not forgotten about it. But I’m not judging things based on a balance sheet. The debt being cleared and no change being made to the budget, if anything, throws up more questions for me.

The debt being cleared is great, but it’s not going to put numbers on the gate or the ball in the net.
    Dear oh dear, £500k saved for the next six years.

STF and Rod will have done their homework.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    LD has overseen a period of significant and sustained growth at the club. It’s not all been plain sailing and it won’t be in the future either.

If people are saying these things, and they may well be, then they’re also not hearing others.

The turnstile issues have been acknowledged and are a work in progress. Not a great situation but one that will be resolved.

The catering has been acknowledged and will be resolved when it can be.

The signing policy hasn’t yet been evidenced as being flawed. We are right at the start of the season, we won’t know whether it’s good or bad until players have a chance to gel and settle into Scottish Football.

We went out the cup to QotS under Lennon, we’ve progressed to the quarter final under Heckingbottom.

In the rush to be put the boot in to all things Hibs, people are losing huge sense of objectivity. Too much haste to spot the dummy, stank the feet, and shout annoy how terrible everything is that there’s no room left to put perspective on things.

Hibs aren’t in a bad place, the opposite is true - we might be in a bad moment but I would 100% back us to get out of it.

Also, we won yesterday, not that you’d think it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here?

I think it’s a positive. But if that saving isn’t being reinvested in the team then I don’t see it being as beneficial as it should be.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    On the subject of attention to detail and avoiding ‘make-do ness’ in the wake of raised expectation , was Maxwell wearing the away kit yesterday because we don’t have another goalie kit?

I thought we had a white one?

I think it’s a positive. But if that saving isn’t being reinvested in the team then I don’t see it being as beneficial as it should be.

There is a business plan in place

You do realise that we have a budget?

🙄

Left by mutual consent!

Why do you say it has not been beneficial? Other than a thumping from a Rangers team that has improved since last season, what evidence is there that it has not been beneficial.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Season is starting earlier. Team needs to gel earlier. But with the window being when it is and the season starting when it does is not helping - we’re not the only team finding this.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    On the subject of attention to detail and avoiding ‘make-do ness’ in the wake of raised expectation , was Maxwell wearing the away kit yesterday because we don’t have another goalie kit?

I thought we had a white one?
    He probably liked the kit and wanted to wear it, maybe he doesn't like white. I was more concerned with his performance.

There is a business plan in place

You do realise that we have a budget?

🙄
    What’s the need for the sarcasm? Of course I realise we have a budget. We are also paying out 40 of 50k less a month now, but were instantly told the playing budget wouldn’t be changing. Given we are a football team first and foremost, I’d rather see some of those funds directed to the football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Why do you say it has not been beneficial? Other than a thumping from a Rangers team that has improved since last season, what evidence is there that it has not been beneficial.
    I don’t think the cleared debt is beneficial to the team because it was made clear at outset that the football budget wouldn’t change.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Probably Heckys fault
    Haha
    Yup everything’s his fault
    Time to get real and support the club instead of this constant sniping.

What’s the need for the sarcasm? Of course I realise we have a budget. We are also paying out 40 of 50k less a month now, but were instantly told the playing budget wouldn’t be changing. Given we are a football team first and foremost, I’d rather see some of those funds directed to the football team.
    So would we all, but LD is a leader, and she looks at the overall situation.

Focus is on the academy and htc.

We need to produce a sell on players.

Still have a strong budget.

Yeah - 8 games, 6 wins, 1 draw ,1 humping
    Maybe performances haven’t been convincing but the results are decent.
    Squad still gelling and multiple injuries means we are not getting a settled first team in the pitch.
    We still need a striker and defensive midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    And yet, there was an open HSL meeting last week where she also took some questions about signings / policy etc from the floor.

iirc, the lad that did the notes on the MB said there were about 40 people bothered turning up.

I think she also has a similar meeting this week on HSL at the Hibs club.

LD is a lot of things - imo she can be overly defensive - but she is not invisible.

I am in hospitality next Saturday and if I see her I might ask her a few things - to be fair, when I have spoken to her she has never shirked a difficult subject.

But just because people dont do Dr Budge-style announcements doesnt mean they are not engaging with the fans.
    Well said sir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Probably Heckys fault
    Haha
    Yup everything’s his fault
    Time to get real and support the club instead of this constant sniping.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    It’s pathetic and is across all threads. There’s almost no point trying to be a voice of reason or counter the negativity because it’s like an avalanche.

I was at the game yesterday and felt there were plenty things to be positive about. Allan, Kamberi, Murray, Middleton all played some nice football. None of it was particularly “slow” as we’re consistently being told on here. We’ve also got folk actually making stuff up about attendances too.

As far as I can see we’re in the last eight of the League Cup and won our first home game in the league. We lost heavily at Ibrox with 10 men for over an hour against the team I think will win the league. It’s happened before and it’ll happen again.

Most of the negativity on here is from posters who clearly don’t attend the games.
    I attend games and can see that you are putting a post it ice spin on things in the same way that people can put a negative spin on things. Personally I think the concerns voiced by many are just. The performances are worrying and go against the managers statement of how he wanted to play. We have hugged and puffed against lower sides and got horsed by one of the top sides. We have been here before where we have been getting wins and scraping through but the performances very poor.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Ron Gordon as has been said by others, has asked various leaders at the club for there goals and plans for the year ahead.
    They say the shelf life of a business leader is about 5 years then things get stale or start to repeat themselves.
    American businesses quite often work on what they call a five year strap a plan for that very reason people get stale.
    Watching in on what's happening at Hibs just now could be said is an indication of just that.
    We have turnstile entry problems
    We have hot food problems
    We have player recruitment problems
    We have a disgruntled fan Base
    We have money being diverted to infrastructure after being told we did not need to
    A new manager that might be a bad appointment just like well around 5 years ago.

We seem to as a club turned full circle almost but not quite back to the butcher days when LD entered the club and with her magic wand started to change things and fans were given hope again but probably more important we were great to watch.
    Alan Stubbs and his assistants put together a great team yes I know we did not get out the championship with him but circumstance was against him, and all I can remember was wanting to go to every game to be entertained and watch a style of football that was excellent.
    Here we are today, now quite rightly LD has had a lot of praise for being more open and especially on communication with the fans and getting that hoodoo of the Scottish cup of our backs.
    Alan Stubbs and his team in my mind were every bit just as important to Hibs as LD was yes she made the appointment and huge credit to her but the team management brought in some wonderful players and blended them into a proper team.
    I'm starting to think that perhaps it's time for a change at the top that a lot of the issues we are facing should not be there after her 5 years in charge and I wonder if Ron Gordon with his fresh eyes might just be thinking the same .
    Hopefully Ron will come out of hiding soon and give us some fresh hope that we will be entering a new 5 year cycle with hope and optimism that AS and LD gave us back then.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The entry issues will be sorted with a little patience
    I don't have any issues with the food
    I think the new players deserve time to bed in
    There are some loud disgruntled fans, there are also many fans who are.. Err.. 'gruntled'? Or who aren't rushing to judgement.
    I'm happy with funds being spent on infrastructure
    I think the new manager has been an improvement on the last one.

My pet hate I have to say is people saying 'We' when they mean 'I'.

There's 50,000+ hibs fans out there and 50,000+ different opinions. Personally I don't think LD should be feeling any pressure greater than the norm.

Well aware of all that. I just happen to think that the additional monies (or some of them) would be better invested in the team. Better team means more people through the gate whereas we seem to be going in the opposite direction just now.

Cheers for the reply, interested to know why we are going in the opposite direction?

Dempster is good. If we need to invest outside the first team then so will every other club who hasn’t already at some point so I’m happy to do that now. Things could be better but I’m broadly happy with the team at the moment, not quite the same highs as under Stubbs and Lennon when he was sound but far happier than our Butcher/Fenlon days. Patience is needed, during that time rangers, celtic and maybe even hearts and rangers may pull away, but we being rash isn’t a good idea. Hecky has gone down in my estimations slightly but he’s a humble character and has the potential to learn from his mistakes. We’d be dim to panic at the first sign of turbelence in his reign. By the by, thus far our short campaign has seen us win the league game we were expected to win and we’re still in the league cup. Maybe we could have beat rangers or even just put in more entertaining and convincing performances across the board, but maybe we should wait until 11
    league games before deciding whether or not we’re in dire straits or not.

Cheers for the reply, interested to know why we are going in the opposite direction?
    In the context of my previous post, because attendances are starting to decline. Less season tickets sold. Less through the gate than for the comparative league cup game last season. Less through the gate for the first league game of last season.

I don’t have a great deal of faith that the current team will reverse that trend with the cup final bounce now well and truly gone as well.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 18-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t think the cleared debt is beneficial to the team because it was made clear at outset that the football budget wouldn’t change.
    Thanks, that's a fair point. I suppose you could take a negative spin on it, and say that had the debt not been cleared then that may have meant even less in the football budget.

Not beneficial in the sense of "better", more beneficial in the sense of "less bad."

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    The entry issues will be sorted with a little patience
    I don't have any issues with the food
    I think the new players deserve time to bed in
    There are some loud disgruntled fans, there are also many fans who are.. Err.. 'gruntled'? Or who aren't rushing to judgement.
    I'm happy with funds being spent on infrastructure
    I think the new manager has been an improvement on the last one.

My pet hate I have to say is people saying 'We' when they mean 'I'.

There's 50,000+ hibs fans out there and 50,000+ different opinions. Personally I don't think LD should be feeling any pressure greater than the norm.

At a stretch it can be "everyone I have spoken to apart from the ones that disagreed, and the ones that didn't answer at all."

Left by mutual consent!
    All Chief Executives must be under some pressure when a new owner or boss comes to the table. LD has done a superb job but nobody is bulletproof.

I agree with this but we have no chance with guys on here coming out with statements like "Mackie shouldn'nt play for Hibs again" after Ibrox.. "Shaw is not good enough" etc. Etc.
    We need to give our youngsters a bit of slack and they will learn and improve. But you can't turn them into Superstars overnight, and unfortunately, results may suffer due to mistakes and inexperience.
    Too often we shift youngsters out to other clubs because after sniffing in and around the first team, fans think they are not good enough and want them punted.

Testimonial Due
    What a load of rubbish
    So do you have any experience of being a director in US company and can give us some concrete examples of why this rubbish. That is a politicians answer - no facts to back it up. The Amazon story is back up to what I was saying. Where is your contrary evidence?

Exactly. Why would STF sell to someone with no credentials? If he did and Gordon walked or left Hibs in a financial mess, STF would feel morally obliged to step in - and that's the last thing he wants to have to do.

Testimonial Due
    No, I'm not Portuguese but go on holiday to the Algarve a lot.
    Nice one enjoy. Miss it here in the Philippines

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    LD has overseen a period of significant and sustained growth at the club. It’s not all been plain sailing and it won’t be in the future either.

If people are saying these things, and they may well be, then they’re also not hearing others.

The turnstile issues have been acknowledged and are a work in progress. Not a great situation but one that will be resolved.

The catering has been acknowledged and will be resolved when it can be.

The signing policy hasn’t yet been evidenced as being flawed. We are right at the start of the season, we won’t know whether it’s good or bad until players have a chance to gel and settle into Scottish Football.

We went out the cup to QotS under Lennon, we’ve progressed to the quarter final under Heckingbottom.

In the rush to be put the boot in to all things Hibs, people are losing huge sense of objectivity. Too much haste to spot the dummy, stank the feet, and shout annoy how terrible everything is that there’s no room left to put perspective on things.

Hibs aren’t in a bad place, the opposite is true - we might be in a bad moment but I would 100% back us to get out of it.

Also, we won yesterday, not that you’d think it.
    Absolutely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    So do you have any experience of being a director in US company and can give us some concrete examples of why thdiais rubbish. That is a politicians answer - no facts to back it up. The Amazon story is back up to what I was saying. Where is your contrary evidence?
    We are in safe hands, and yes worked with cisco and nortel amongst other people.

Think Ron will expand the media side of things.

All this twenty year old stuff, feels attention seeking

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Can confirm what Greenworld is saying having spent 20 years with three US companies. Think he is talking in general terms. They operate in UK like this and are able to get round UK employment laws. They will try and manage you out - you get the message and leave. Or if you don't they scrap your position and offer you another usually unappealing role.

Cataplana as an aside are you Portuguese as you name is a Portuguese cooking vessel from the south of Portugal. I have one and cook in it frequently. My mother is Portuguese.
    They’re that bad that you worked for 3 of them??

I know a couple of lads that have worked for Amazon in Dunfermline for years. They think it’s sound.