hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's been well documented that Aberdeen generate significant income from outside investment and relative success recently. Hearts also via mythical donations and fans.

I'm sure we are always actively looking for adfitional investment. Perhaps this may have been restricted under previous ownership? Who knows.

The fact is though, that we have to punch above our weight financially if peoples expectations are 3rd.

My feeling is that we WILL see us match these clubs financially under Ron. I suspect though it'll be a gradual, steady shift and not a 'big bang' as many seem to have expected.

Patience and trust is required by all.
    Patience and trust... that's two things that football fans rarely have

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Patience and trust... that's two things that football fans rarely have

Sadly I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    The community have full time staff - at least 5 I think - where are those salaries coming from ?

The office space is huge but the outcomes are no where near Spartans community programmes for example.

Having looked at the girls recent youth squad selections I see limited Hibs girls academy players selected also. Any reason?

Has the Girls Academy gone backwards? The manager still often has her main focus on playing like being away at World Cup so has the focus been lost ?
    I agree on the last 2 points. The Girls Academy has lost its way in the last year or 2 for sure. Our 19s team folded over night with a load of players lost from the club. It currently doesn't have a leader banging the drum for the squads. As an example i think there was 5 or 6 Rangers girls in the recent 15s SFA training squad. Our own 15s team battered them at the weekend, yet none of them are in that SFA squad. Thats as much a failure of the SFA and the fact that they dont even watch any of the Performance League games in the South East regions. BUT the Girls Academy manager should be ensuring that the girls are promoted to SFA squads. (Especially as she also works for the SFA!) It needs to be fixed asap before they lose any more players.

Patience and trust is required by all.
    Perhaps there might be a 10 year plan this time eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Perhaps there might be a 10 year plan this time eh?
    Perhaps. Maybe not a bad idea.

I was watching the American football league on the TV on Sunday morning and the guy who was doing the commentary would suddenly just stop and read out an add, this happened every 15 minutes or so. Coming to Hibs TV soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I was watching the American football league on the TV on Sunday morning and the guy who was doing the commentary would suddenly just stop and read out an add, this happened every 15 minutes or so. Coming to Hibs TV soon.
    When is it coming?

When is it coming?
    It was very tongue in cheek

It was very tongue in cheek
    Ah... that'll teach me 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    "it is funded separately and does not compete with players budget for funds"

Not sure that is quite correct.

Sacrificing one of our most valuable revenue streams that could pay a few players wages each year for a community sponsored strip vanity project.

or would you not count that ?
    The community have full time staff - at least 5 I think - where are those salaries coming from ?

The office space is huge but the outcomes are no where near Spartans community programmes for example.

Having looked at the girls recent youth squad selections I see limited Hibs girls academy players selected also. Any reason?

Has the Girls Academy gone backwards? The manager still often has her main focus on playing like being away at World Cup so has the focus been lost ?
    The Foundation accounts are available on their website (under 'Annual Reports') and give a very detailed breakdown of their income. Their interaction with football club is also detailed in the Related Party Transaction note and this is mirrored in the club's accounts. The 2019 accounts aren't available for either organisation yet but for 2018 transactions were: Payments to the Foundation (described as services provided in the Foundation accounts) £14,114; costs charged to the Foundation £1,152.

In summary the Foundation cost the club 13 grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    The Foundation accounts are available on their website (under 'Annual Reports') and give a very detailed breakdown of their income. Their interaction with football club is also detailed in the Related Party Transaction note and this is mirrored in the club's accounts. The 2019 accounts aren't available for either organisation yet but for 2018 transactions were: Payments to the Foundation (described as services provided in the Foundation accounts) £14,114; costs charged to the Foundation £1,152.

So the square root of hee haw.

So the square root of hee haw.
    Pretty much.

Whilst "community" is important. I think its become too much of a focus for LD.

Im not sitting in the pub after we have been pummelled 6-1 by the Huns we have all spent about £100 each turning to the boys in and gaun " its orite lads its all about the amazing community spirit we are generating its a long term plan to drum up business and we will have our nice new indoor pitch, we got auld davie a new pair of boots for walking football and wee jean got a nice afternoon tea in the club raffle"

Im just about crying into my pint wondering why Hecky is saying we are not making any more signings.

I think both aspects can function in parallel. The amount of money Hibs actually spend on Community projects is miniscule compared to our overall budget.

I can't imagine many people went home cursing getting beat and thought it was because we'd spent a few grand on community projects.

I do also have an issue with our budget and recruitment strategy.
    If we are looking to be the best of the rest, we must spend the like the best of the rest.
    There is a good core to this Hibs team but it needs some real quality acquisitions to go out and get us a cup and a good third placed finish. There is absolutely no reason we cant establish our self as the third biggest team in Scottish football.
    I totally agree we need more quality players in the team. We seem to be missing a bit of grit and will to win.

We now have an extra 500k per year in our budget for the next six(?) years that should help provide money for these lofty goals.

We have the third highest attendances (hearts count St's that dont turn up)

So do we

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Advertising has already crept into Hibs TV - advertising Hibs products but advertising none the less

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post

What were staff costs?

They aren’t all SFA funded posts ?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I agree on the last 2 points. The Girls Academy has lost its way in the last year or 2 for sure. Our 19s team folded over night with a load of players lost from the club. It currently doesn't have a leader banging the drum for the squads. As an example i think there was 5 or 6 Rangers girls in the recent 15s SFA training squad. Our own 15s team battered them at the weekend, yet none of them are in that SFA squad. Thats as much a failure of the SFA and the fact that they dont even watch any of the Performance League games in the South East regions. BUT the Girls Academy manager should be ensuring that the girls are promoted to SFA squads. (Especially as she also works for the SFA!) It needs to be fixed asap before they lose any more players.
    Glad someone else has noticed this.

Hibs have to be careful Hearts girls / women don’t over take them as they are improving their academy next season.

My worry is that nothing will change anytime soon - but more should be done as seems clubs like Celtic are miles ahead with the girls academy.

What were staff costs?

They aren’t all SFA funded posts ?
    Staff costs were £123,416 on charitable activities and £59,286 on 'other' - presumably administration. They were funded out of the Foundation's total income of £402,669, of which Hibs contributed £14,114.

Here's a link to the accounts - https://www.hiberniancommunityfounda...a-39064f68f1de

If the rumours are true looks like LD is going.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Are these rumours from any sort of credible source though?

I had a look on twitter and it just seemed to be from fans saying it and not any sort of decent credible accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Are these rumours from any sort of credible source though?

I had a look on twitter and it just seemed to be from fans saying it and not any sort of decent credible accounts.
    No idea mate I've seen nothing either but wouldn't surprise me .

@hibs.net private member

If the rumours are not true looks like LD is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    If the rumours are not true looks like LD is staying.
    We will soon see pal I'm going for leaving but I've been wrong before

She damn well should be under pressure.

Ticketing, turnstiles debacle, commercial department to name a few.

If she is a football fan as she has stated, she must be worried about the product on offer currently
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

If she is a football fan as she has stated, she must be worried about the product on offer currently
    The turnstiles thing is annoying me probably far more than it should. There was nothing wrong with the turnstiles last year but we seem to have created a problem, at a cost no doubt for no obvious benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The turnstiles thing is annoying me probably far more than it should. There was nothing wrong with the turnstiles last year but we seem to have created a problem, at a cost no doubt for no obvious benefit.
    Correct Bingo, with next game the derby, it needs sorted ASAP. To have had 6 home games thus far, and not operating properly is a disgrace
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Correct Bingo, with next game the derby, it needs sorted ASAP. To have had 6 home games thus far, and not operating properly is a disgrace
    When they put out the statement at about half one on Saturday, telling everybody to turn up at quarter to two, they named every partner or supplier going.

I wish they’d just take some responsibility and manage their bloody partners. It clearly just doesn’t work and it isn’t magically going to start working. They need to rip it out and get their money back.

Testimonial Due
    When is it coming?
    It is all ready happening on Hibs TV for live international subscribers with ads for the strips, seasons and match tickets being read out.

The turnstile debacle was slightly better on Saturday as they had people with hand held scanners on the main exit doors. You are right though this should not be needed in the first place.

Who was responsible for moving the singing section over to the Famous Five stand? That has been an absolute disaster.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    The turnstile debacle was slightly better on Saturday as they had people with hand held scanners on the main exit doors. You are right though this should not be needed in the first place.

Who was responsible for moving the singing section over to the Famous Five stand? That has been an absolute disaster.
    Agree about the signing section that has killed the atmosphere dead. Need to be moved to the east again if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree about the signing section that has killed the atmosphere dead. Need to be moved to the east again if possible.

Did they not ask to be relocated there?