hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

LD under pressure

Ron Gordon as has been said by others, has asked various leaders at the club for there goals and plans for the year ahead.
    They say the shelf life of a business leader is about 5 years then things get stale or start to repeat themselves.
    American businesses quite often work on what they call a five year strap a plan for that very reason people get stale.
    Watching in on what's happening at Hibs just now could be said is an indication of just that.
    We have turnstile entry problems
    We have hot food problems
    We have player recruitment problems
    We have a disgruntled fan Base
    We have money being diverted to infrastructure after being told we did not need to
    A new manager that might be a bad appointment just like well around 5 years ago.

We seem to as a club turned full circle almost but not quite back to the butcher days when LD entered the club and with her magic wand started to change things and fans were given hope again but probably more important we were great to watch.
    Alan Stubbs and his assistants put together a great team yes I know we did not get out the championship with him but circumstance was against him, and all I can remember was wanting to go to every game to be entertained and watch a style of football that was excellent.
    Here we are today, now quite rightly LD has had a lot of praise for being more open and especially on communication with the fans and getting that hoodoo of the Scottish cup of our backs.
    Alan Stubbs and his team in my mind were every bit just as important to Hibs as LD was yes she made the appointment and huge credit to her but the team management brought in some wonderful players and blended them into a proper team.
    I'm starting to think that perhaps it's time for a change at the top that a lot of the issues we are facing should not be there after her 5 years in charge and I wonder if Ron Gordon with his fresh eyes might just be thinking the same .
    Hopefully Ron will come out of hiding soon and give us some fresh hope that we will be entering a new 5 year cycle with hope and optimism that AS and LD gave us back then.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Yippee!

Another thread which will end up being closed or argumentative.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yippee!

Another thread which will end up being closed or argumentative.
    I hope not lol trying to be objective looking for a way forward to happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Ron Gordon as has been said by others, has asked various leaders at the club for there goals and plans for the year ahead.
    They say the shelf life of a business leader is about 5 years then things get stale or start to repeat themselves.
    American businesses quite often work on what they call a five year strap a plan for that very reason people get stale.
    Watching in on what's happening at Hibs just now could be said is an indication of just that.
    We have money being diverted to infrastructure after being told we did not need to
    A new manager that might be a bad appointment just like well around 5 years ago.

We seem to as a club turned full circle almost but not quite back to the butcher days when LD entered the club and with her magic wand started to change things and fans were given hope again but probably more important we were great to watch.
    Alan Stubbs and his assistants put together a great team yes I know we did not get out the championship with him but circumstance was against him, and all I can remember was wanting to go to every game to be entertained and watch a style of football that was excellent.
    Here we are today, now quite rightly LD has had a lot of praise for being more open and especially on communication with the fans and getting that hoodoo of the Scottish cup of our backs.
    Alan Stubbs and his team in my mind were every bit just as important to Hibs as LD was yes she made the appointment and huge credit to her but the team management brought in some wonderful players and blended them into a proper team.
    I'm starting to think that perhaps it's time for a change at the top that a lot of the issues we are facing should not be there after her 5 years in charge and I wonder if Ron Gordon with his fresh eyes might just be thinking the same .
    Hopefully Ron will come out of hiding soon and give us some fresh hope that we will be entering a new 5 year cycle with hope and optimism that AS and LD gave us back then.

All very much in your opinion of course. My opinion is that issues with hot food doesn't constitute a change in management.

I hope not lol trying to be objective looking for a way forward to happy days

But we have a way forward?

You'll get stick for that post but there are some interesting points raised particularly regarding the life span of a business leader.

LD had almost a blank canvas to work with when she came in and there is little doubt she made some very positive changes. Equally she is human and has made mistakes. Perhaps with hindsight she wouldn't mollycoddle the support quite as much as she did with updates and statements; it seems we have come to expect it on a regular basis and when it isn't forthcoming some fans get a bit tetchy.

I don't think it would be too speculative to suggest we are closer to the end of LDs time at Hibs than we are to the start.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    The infrastructure thing is annoying. How much better than other teams does it need to be?

Surely focusing on the playing team is far more important. Sick of hearing about infrastructure to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Who are “they” wot say that?
    There is no magic wand in Scottish football - we of all clubs’ supporters surely know that.

We won’t be the first or last club to have turnstile problems I remember Celtic having initial teething problems. Would be interested to know if what we experience is exceptional or not and get on with it.

At a football club esp in Scotland moreso with us it seems atm you’re only 2-3 games away from a crisis.

Some of our best moments recently as a club have been as we’ve emerged from tough times through hard words determination and perseverance. Why should any of that change - Stubbs having no team, stumbling start, missing out on promotion, disappointment on losing cup finals and promotion - yet he kept his head down and got the team focused.

LD has had moments of getting her head down and focusing whilst supporters call for immediate reactions.

Edit: but as you and others note the infrastructure u-turn thing is a peculiar one.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 18-08-2019 at 07:12 AM.

What a load of nonsense

Why is this and the Crowd thread under a "competition" heading?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Probably Heckys fault

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Probably Heckys fault
    Haha not Rod's fault nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You'll get stick for that post but there are some interesting points raised particularly regarding the life span of a business leader.

LD had almost a blank canvas to work with when she came in and there is little doubt she made some very positive changes. Equally she is human and has made mistakes. Perhaps with hindsight she wouldn't mollycoddle the support quite as much as she did with updates and statements; it seems we have come to expect it on a regular basis and when it isn't forthcoming some fans get a bit tetchy.

I don't think it would be too speculative to suggest we are closer to the end of LDs time at Hibs than we are to the start.
    I don't think it would be too speculative to say that about lots of people at ER at least three members of or defence for a start.

You make some valid points and as others have said it's all your opinion, which is what this forum is all about.

I fear that we are about to revert to the days we struggled to get 10,000 for games. Let's all hope that my fears don't become reality.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    None of what the OP mentions is worth a change in management, these are things that prove how good people are at their jobs, the club will be aware of all the issues and I'm sure will be working to sort them. If they dont sort them as the season goes onthen it's time to have a pop.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Folks trying to outdo each other on one of them stirring threads?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Point out negative stuff or point out positive stuff?
    The choice was yours i guess.

The competition prefix has been removed so can we all just forget about it now. If it's such a big deal pretend it was never there and your life will be far happier.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The competition prefix has been removed so can we all just forget about it now. If it's such a big deal pretend it was never there and your life will be far happier.

Thanks.
    I’m trying that for most of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Point out negative stuff or point out positive stuff?
    The choice was yours i guess.
    Hopefully pointed to a bit of both there can can be a positive out of change

you don't agree

fix the ovens,fix the turnstiles, let the new owner bed in and give the new players a bit of time

What a load of nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    There is no magic wand in Scottish football - we of all clubs’ supporters surely know that.

We won’t be the first or last club to have turnstile problems I remember Celtic having initial teething problems. Would be interested to know if what we experience is exceptional or not and get on with it.

At a football club esp in Scotland moreso with us it seems atm you’re only 2-3 games away from a crisis.

Some of our best moments recently as a club have been as we’ve emerged from tough times through hard words determination and perseverance. Why should any of that change - Stubbs having no team, stumbling start, missing out on promotion, disappointment on losing cup finals and promotion - yet he kept his head down and got the team focused.

LD has had moments of getting her head down and focusing whilst supporters call for immediate reactions.

Edit: but as you and others note the infrastructure u-turn thing is a peculiar one.
    They are whoever you want them to be from the world's top university's to Joe blog ...Google is your friend on strap and 5 year planning
    It's not that exciting but it focuses the mind

Left by mutual consent!
    They are whoever you want them to be from the world's top university's to Joe blog ...Google is your friend on strap and 5 year planning
    It's not that exciting but it focuses the mind

It's usual for the person making a claim to provide the evidence to back it up.

No doubt you have done your research and it can't be that big a deal for you to share it with the rest of us?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post

Given our weather in winter and other parts of the year, indoor training centre would allow better quality training in practice. In Sweden the building of indoor tennis courts transformed the standard of their players.

Similarly building a full blown academy including cutting edge coaches is way to produce high quality players beyond what we can buy. Ajax a good example of making this work. These are medium/long term strategies goals that can transform us as a team on the pitch beyond our income. Requires patience on our part.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think how good a job Dempster has done has been exaggerated at times and I’ve not always agreed with everything she’s said or done. I do think now would be a terrible time for her to be replaced though.

With all the uncertainty that comes from having a new owner and how little we know about him and his motives, having someone like Dempster in there keeping an eye on things Is a good source of reassurance for me.

There will come a time when it will be best for both parties to go our separate ways, I would say that’s probably not going to be for a while yet though.

Coaching Staff
    I can see the headline now..

Dempster resigns because of crap pies!

Dempster and Hecky resign after reaching 1/4 final of league cup and only one defeat all season

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    It's usual for the person making a claim to provide the evidence to back it up.

No doubt you have done your research and it can't be that big a deal for you to share it with the rest of us?
    Worked for a very large American businesses for many years so I am passing on what I and every employee had to do. It gives traceability to your claims you might talk a good game but can you or did you deliver , the goals you set out each year in your Aim to reach that 5 year plan .
    American companies are brutal in moving people on if you are not doing what you said you would without good reason .

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Dempster and Hecky resign after reaching 1/4 final of league cup and only one defeat all season
    You are on pretty much every thread commenting on posts where fans are expressing concerns. Genuine question, are you happy with our signings and how we are playing ?