hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crowd today

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You missed a goal fest end to end Cup classic.
    Yes, maybe staying away is the answer, we’ll win the league lol. 😊

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Maybe people are voting with their feet?

Not happy with the managers signings. Is he?? His star defender doesn’t even start?

Can you say we have improved as a squad and team? I say we are regressing and my concern is he isn’t capable of sorting it.

I get the we ll support you Evermore and 12000 of us have done exactly that but if this manager does not change his boring style and also the players he is signing that number will drop.

Thank god we have Scott Allan and Ryan Porteus - 2 players who really improve our team.

We need some quality signings on next week or so. Very frustrating being a hibby so far
    Totally agree I said this weeks ago that our board are in for a shock in the coming home games if things dont improve on the park. It seems this last while all we fans do is fork out for Season Tickets,Hospitality HSL etc etc for no return. The prof of the pudding will be v St Johnstone next week and I have a feeling LD and co could be looking at a fairly empty stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Totally agree I said this weeks ago that our board are in for a shock in the coming home games if things dont improve on the park. It seems this last while all we fans do is fork out for Season Tickets,Hospitality HSL etc etc for no return. The prof of the pudding will be v St Johnstone next week and I have a feeling LD and co could be looking at a fairly empty stadium
    If that’s the case then it’s utterly pathetic from our support.

Fans at every club plough their money and don’t seem to have quite the same levels of self entitlement nor the same pathetic lack of loyalty to the club. We’re not in crisis at this point but seems a lot of folk would rather we were and quite quickly.

A lot of the crowd didn’t even stick around for extra time yesterday - unbelievable.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    It didn't even enter my mindset that I wouldn't go yesterday, for what ever reason, I have no problem with folk who didn't go.

Love a good 'justify yourself' thread

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    If that’s the case then it’s utterly pathetic from our support.

Fans at every club plough their money and don’t seem to have quite the same levels of self entitlement nor the same pathetic lack of loyalty to the club. We’re not in crisis at this point but seems a lot of folk would rather we were and quite quickly.

A lot of the crowd didn’t even stick around for extra time yesterday - unbelievable.
    I started to leave at full time thinking it was going straight to penalties. I hate penalties and felt we would get beat, once I realised there was extra time i toddled back to watch the 30 minutes.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Using your post as a starting point to ask a general question.

For the St Johnstone game next week, what size of crowd indicates that fans are not turning up because they don’t trust the management/ think the football is boring/ want to see the manager gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The football just now is unbelievably boring. Don’t blame anyone for staying away

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    The football just now is unbelievably boring. Don’t blame anyone for staying away
    It wasn’t boring yesterday. We were diabolical defensively, but it wasn't boring.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I didn't go either due to thinking weeks ago it was an international weekend and organising other stuff.
    Missed 5 goals by my team so I wish I had been there.
    We were not good, didn't compete physically in midfield again, that however made it an exciting watch, goals could have come at either end at any time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    We were not good, didn't compete physically in midfield again, that however made it an exciting watch, goals could have come at either end at any time.
    We were good and in control for the majority of the match. Shocking defensive lapses at the end of both half’s made it a lot more difficult than it should have been

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I didn’t go simply because I wanted to spend a day with the family.

Personally I don’t blame anyone who decided they didn’t want to attend the game. It’s their life and they can do what they want with it.

No return? How many more of this seasons games did you expect to win?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Less than 7000 for one of two cups we could realistically win.
    Then folk moaning about signings
    3pm on a Saturday

Just for some context, here's the attendances at all home League Cup games in the last five seasons

I've highlighted any attendances over 10k (games against Aberdeen and a Qtr final v Dundee Utd.)

Season Round Opposition Attendance
    2014-15 2nd Round Dumbarton 5,066

Qtr Final Dundee Utd 8,689
    2015-16 1st Round Montrose 5,933
    2nd Round Stranraer 5,224
    3rd Round
    Aberdeen

Qtr Final
    Dundee Utd
    2016-17 2nd Round QOS 7,646
    2017-18 2nd Round Ayr 8,135
    Qtr Final Livi 8,535
    2018-19 2nd Round Ross County 8,452
    Qtr Final
    Aberdeen

Finance

Why are early cup games so expensive. It is still holiday season. Season ticket holder or not, games are expensive - what are Scottish clubs doing to make it more affordable? Make a goodwill gesture to fans and perhaps you will entice more to attend who will then return more often. Clubs forget that many cannot afford to attend at £15-30 for an adult ticket.

I am confused. If you pay for a season ticket you get into home games. If you pay for hospitality you get wined and dined. It's very good incidentally.
    What are you on about?

May have already been said but the figure given for the official attendance must be a guess because with the scanner problems in the East, fans were just pouring in without having their cards or tickets scanned
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    May have already been said but the figure given for the official attendance must be a guess because with the scanner problems in the East, fans were just pouring in without having their cards or tickets scanned

As Hibs now announce the 'Attendance' as tickets sold, I don't think that would affect the figure, as they would know how many have actually been sold.

But your theory would have been quite good if we still announced how many actually turned up

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    As Hibs now announce the 'Attendance' as tickets sold, I don't think that would affect the figure, as they would know how many have actually been sold.

But your theory would have been quite good if we still announced how many actually turned up
    Oops forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Not true - even against Livi in the QF in 2017/18 we only got 8500, earlier in that campaign we had at least one crowd of about 4300.

Since the new format has arrived no club has had decent LC attendances.
    The new format seems to benefit the lower league teams whose attendances are similar to that of a weekend league match, The regional set up helps + they might get a big team at home. Championship sides hold up reasonably well also. Its the bigger clubs supports that disappear in the early rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    Didn't compete in midfield? With 63% possession? God Flo's hold up play must have been phenomenal😉