hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd today

Crowd today

Less than 7000 for one of two cups we could realistically win.
    Then folk moaning about signings
    3pm on a Saturday

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I just don’t get it either. Fans sing “we’ll support you ever more” so where are they all. I know some will have other commitments but as you say 3pm Saturday. If we want to compete then we need to increase income streams. The easiest way to do that is to turn up regularly. I know we’re not firing on all cylinders at the moment but Hibs need your support.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Celtic attendance yesterday quoted as 20000, if that's true it's less than 50% of their st holders.

Nobody gets excited about the LC until the QFs, imo.

The LC just doesn't excite people until the latter stages. Sad but true. The comparable fixture last year only had just over 7K so it's not even a reflection on the current team. A sunny day at the Festival was clearly a bigger attraction for some.

I was there, I know plenty who weren't. Each to their own.

Where's the "competition"?

Of course each to their own and who cares about Celtic attendances I only care about Hibs. There’s lot of folk moaning about budgets etc and a simple way to increase the budget is to turn up for home games irrespective of who we play. Granted I’ve seen better players / squads in my 50 plus years of following Hibs but I can assure you I’ve also seen worse.

Agree, few get excited about the LC until later, but that crowd size is revealing for LD and Hibs. Under Lennon we'd get close to twice that for same game. If things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of decline at ER.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree, few get excited about the LC until later, but that crowd size is revealing for LD and Hibs. Under Lennon we'd get close to twice that for same game. If things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of decline at ER.
    Not true - even against Livi in the QF in 2017/18 we only got 8500, earlier in that campaign we had at least one crowd of about 4300.

Since the new format has arrived no club has had decent LC attendances.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Not true - even against Livi in the QF in 2017/18 we only got 8500, earlier in that campaign we had at least one crowd of about 4300.

Since the new format has arrived no club has had decent LC attendances.
    Yep, and last season we were at home to Ross County in same round, attendance was 8452. Even the quarter final against Aberdeen only drew just over 11,000.

Too many season ticket holders won't pay the entrance fee. There seems to be an entitlement feeling around that if you buy a season ticket, which entitles the holder to watch league matches, that ST holders should get to watch any other match free of charge, or at worst at a substantial reduction in the walk up prices.

The same people will then provide a myriad of excuses as to why they won't turn up.

The sense of false entitlement is not exclusive to ER. Then we get the most used word in football - should. The club should do this, and should do that, and should do the next thing. The team should be hammering any other team with less resources, and often with the add-on that "I pay enough for my ST, so why should I pay any more?"

'Should' is the suffixed with "of".

PS I'm a ST holder, and wasn't there yesterday.

So we had 12,000 against Ross County at same stage last season did we?? Crowd of just over 7,000 for that game but why not just make things up to have another pop at Hecky?

BTW, we needed an injury time goal to beat Ross County in that game last season under Lennon. The same Lennon needed extra time to beat Dunfermline yesterday. The same Lennon has us a mess last season in 8th position and thanks to Hecky, we made top 6.

One defeat in 7 games this season, in last 8 of league cup and you say “if things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of a decline....”???

And how did Lennon fare against Morton in the Championship....?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I'm glad there wasn't a big crowd yesterday given the ongoing shambles at the turnstiles

Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    So we had 12,000 against Ross County at same stage last season did we?? Crowd of just over 7,000 for that game but why not just make things up to have another pop at Hecky?

BTW, we needed an injury time goal to beat Ross County in that game last season under Lennon. The same Lennon needed extra time to beat Dunfermline yesterday. The same Lennon has us a mess last season in 8th position and thanks to Hecky, we made top 6.

One defeat in 7 games this season, in last 8 of league cup and you say “if things continue as they are under Hecky, expect to see more signs of a decline....”???
    100% correct. Well done sir.

Our last 16 ties under Lennon (which were actually all at home) attracted the following attendances;

16/17 - Queen of the South - 7646
    17/18 - Ayr Utd - 8135
    18/19 - Ross County - 7452

Whilst yesterday's attendance was obviously lower than all of those three, it wasn't drastically different. The numbers are disappointing but then even in the League Cup semi final against Celtic at Hampden a couple of years ago, we failed to sell our allocation. A lot of fans just don't seem to value the League Cup.

Yeh but....the pies aren't very good...

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    3pm on a Saturday

Maybe people are voting with their feet?

Not happy with the managers signings. Is he?? His star defender doesn’t even start?

Can you say we have improved as a squad and team? I say we are regressing and my concern is he isn’t capable of sorting it.

I get the we ll support you Evermore and 12000 of us have done exactly that but if this manager does not change his boring style and also the players he is signing that number will drop.

Thank god we have Scott Allan and Ryan Porteus - 2 players who really improve our team.

We need some quality signings on next week or so. Very frustrating being a hibby so far

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    3pm on a Saturday

Or more people would turn up if there was actual decent signings. Club has absolutely no ambition which is shown by the uninspiring manager and appalling signings.

That’ll be the norm if the club don’t start trying to compete with other teams in the transfer market.

Team is awful.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Dont be posting facts, they just get in the way!!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Our last 16 ties under Lennon (which were actually all at home) attracted the following attendances;

16/17 - Queen of the South - 7646
    17/18 - Ayr Utd - 8135
    18/19 - Ross County - 7452

Whilst yesterday's attendance was obviously lower than all of those three, it wasn't drastically different. The numbers are disappointing but then even in the League Cup semi final against Celtic at Hampden a couple of years ago, we failed to sell our allocation. A lot of fans just don't seem to value the League Cup.
    Stop posting facts, it’s really detrimental to the Hecky out campaign.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I didn’t go as simply didn’t want to. The games I’ve been to this season have been boring for long spells, so spent the day with the family instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I didn’t go as simply didn’t want to. The games I’ve been to this season have been boring for long spells, so spent the day with the family instead.
    I didn't go either due to thinking weeks ago it was an international weekend and organising other stuff.
    Missed 5 goals by my team so I wish I had been there.

Ah the old post a complete lie then disappear routine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    It certainly hasn't been boring.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    It certainly hasn't been boring.
    Boring is subjective, the games I’ve been to (St Mirren and Arbroath) I found boring for large spells. Slow sideways passing with no tempo. There was also good fast attacking within those games too, they were too infrequent though and inbetween I was bored for large periods.

Regardless of how exciting yesterday was in hindsight, those were the factors that led me to spend a day with the family instead of going to the game.

First Team Breakthrough
    I pay £55 per month for 3 season tickets. It would have cost me £42 for me plus my 2 kids yesterday. That is too much for a league cup game in my opinion. Our kids tickets prices are overpriced.

I didn’t go yesterday either, as a season ticket holder who very rarely misses a cup tie that is unusual for me. It had nothing to do with money either and all to do with the apathy Im feeling about the club at the moment. I was bored solid during the St Mirren game and I’ve got that sinking feeling that bit by bit we’re going back to the days prior to the cup win. Our squad is short on players, I’m not impressed with the new signings so far and the fact we’re saying the transfers are done just add to my apathy. I’ll roll along to the next league game but if we are heading back to mediocrity I don’t think I can handle it again. I’ve suffered years and years of it. Hibs need to make sure the great momentum we had isn’t lost.

If you take away fans out of yesterday's attendance, then the Hibs support was less than half our season tickets sold. Excluding walk ups, that proportion would be even lower.

That's disappointing regardless of whether it's a comment on the cost of attending, the style of football, the opponent or the alternatives available on a nice day as the schools are about to go back.

I'm not being critical of those who weren't there when I say it's disappointing as I'll miss games myself due to various reasons over the course of the season.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I went, and 8 goals, extra time, a chance to see our team develop, a first proper look at Middleton and a great performance from Flo all for less than £20 left me a happy customer.

We have problems and issues that we could do with sorting but there's still nowhere on Earth I'd rather be on a Saturday afternoon than Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I didn’t go yesterday either, as a season ticket holder who very rarely misses a cup tie that is unusual for me. It had nothing to do with money either and all to do with the apathy Im feeling about the club at the moment. I was bored solid during the St Mirren game and I’ve got that sinking feeling that bit by bit we’re going back to the days prior to the cup win. Our squad is short on players, I’m not impressed with the new signings so far and the fact we’re saying the transfers are done just add to my apathy. I’ll roll along to the next league game but if we are heading back to mediocrity I don’t think I can handle it again. I’ve suffered years and years of it. Hibs need to make sure the great momentum we had isn’t lost.
    You missed a goal fest end to end Cup classic.