hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flo Kamberi

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the cynicism around .net atm is facepalm worthy. Flo's playing well, but it's only because he's trying to work a move

Flo was brilliant 1st season... with Scott Allan beside him. Not so much last season... without Scott Allan beside him. Getting his s*** together this season... with Scott Allan beside him. Some on here have difficulty putting 2 and 2 together without making 5. He will have been trying to impress, but I'd be disappointed if the whole team wasn't trying to impress.

I want him to stay, but this is modern football and it's rare for any player to put his current club before his own career advancement. Why should Flo be any different. He's doing his job now and that's enough for me.

There's been a creeping sense of entitlement amongst the members of this forum since 21.05.16. that's becoming almost yammish in intensity. The matchday thread today was full of the crap you read on jkb when things aren't going well.

Personally speaking, I'm about sick of it. I've watched the Hibs since the 60's and seen them rip Europe's best apart... but I've also seen them being owned by carthorses from lower leagues. That's football.

A section of .net these days seem to think we should be playing like Barca every week, but that's never going to happen.

Away and support Celtc if it's weekly glory you need for a fix... and even then you'll be disappointed

Spot on Mr Hacket.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Some of the cynicism around .net atm is facepalm worthy. Flo's playing well, but it's only because he's trying to work a move

Flo was brilliant 1st season... with Scott Allan beside him. Not so much last season... without Scott Allan beside him. Getting his s*** together this season... with Scott Allan beside him. Some on here have difficulty putting 2 and 2 together without making 5. He will have been trying to impress, but I'd be disappointed if the whole team wasn't trying to impress.

I want him to stay, but this is modern football and it's rare for any player to put his current club before his own career advancement. Why should Flo be any different. He's doing his job now and that's enough for me.

There's been a creeping sense of entitlement amongst the members of this forum since 21.05.16. that's becoming almost yammish in intensity. The matchday thread today was full of the crap you read on jkb when things aren't going well.

Personally speaking, I'm about sick of it. I've watched the Hibs since the 60's and seen them rip Europe's best apart... but I've also seen them being owned by carthorses from lower leagues. That's football.

A section of .net these days seem to think we should be playing like Barca every week, but that's never going to happen.

Away and support Celtc if it's weekly glory you need for a fix... and even then you'll be disappointed
    Brilliant post

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

@hibs.net private member
    The boy is certainly firing.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Brilliant post
    Followed for 50 years and that is my experience. I sense the entitlement as well. The sort of folk who turn up for big games and make the most ridiculougs comments when things not going our way and then disappear. May 2016 and promotion and Lennon's hype changed that and the second second half of first season up. The same folk overlooked Lennon's behaviour and Hibs poor football for most of his tenure. Now they are taking it out on PH who has much improved us on and off the pitch. These folk must be largely new season ticket holders. I am sure many will drift away this season no matter what.

I’ve mentioned the almost OF/hertz like sense of entitlement quite a few times since we won the Cup. Its been very noticeable and extremely cringeworthy.

First Team Regular
    4th goal yesterday (flo’s second) was what I expected to see when Allan came back. Lovely ball behind the defence that Flo seems to be able to read. Reminiscent of end of 17-18.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    If Grasshoppers have a 30% sell-on clause and we would only be left with Doidge and Shaw, then it would need to take stupid, stupid money (£6m+) for him to go. End of. Surely!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    If Grasshoppers have a 30% sell-on clause and we would only be left with Doidge and Shaw, then it would need to take stupid, stupid money (£6m+) for him to go. End of. Surely!
    100%

At this stage of the window/season I don’t think any offers should be considered at all. Would be virtually impossible to replace with similar quality. Flo has been looking better each game and he and Allan are continuing their great understanding from their previous spell together. It will bring us a lot of goals imo.

I'd be hugely surprised if we sold him.
    It's almost irrelevant what money we'd get for him - given the limit on what wage we'd play any striker we signed would be a massive gamble.

@hibs.net private member
    Is Flo being praised or criticised here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49387146

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Is Flo being praised or criticised here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49387146
    Hard to say when the headline quotes Stockdale about “fantastic attributes” and then goes on to quote neither adjective or verb of the sort.
    If someone spoke about my fantastic attributes I’d take it as praise. But seemingly everyone round here knows I’m a prick so maybe not :

Anyway, it reads like praise and an arm around the shoulder to me.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 18-08-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hard to say when the headline quotes Stockdale about “fantastic attributes” and then goes on to quote neither adjective or verb of the sort.
    If someone spoke about my fantastic attributes I’d take it as praise. But seemingly everyone round here knows I’m a prick so maybe not :

Anyway, it reads like praise and a shoulder round the arm to me.
    I would like to see that

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I would like to see that
    edited....

Flo reminds me of a young kenny miller.
    I can understand the interest him tbh.
    I don't think he would be easily replaced in the transfer market.

If he was just a wee bit more clinical,he would be a very very good striker imo.

Like mcginn I just would not want him sold.

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Flo was brilliant today, we won’t sell him this season, if he has a consistent season as per recent form you could be looking at 4m or so to a championship club next summer. Currently he’s probably worth 1.5m ish IMO.
    Considering the figure quoted for McGinn was 2.8 million with 1 year left on his contract, I can’t see Flo going for as much as 4. If we were to get offered 2 million now, I reckon we would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by duffers View Post
    Considering the figure quoted for McGinn was 2.8 million with 1 year left on his contract, I can’t see Flo going for as much as 4. If we were to get offered 2 million now, I reckon we would consider it.
    If we got offered £2m now I don’t even think there would be any consideration given to it. We’d take it in a heartbeat imo.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    If we got offered £2m now I don’t even think there would be any consideration given to it. We’d take it in a heartbeat imo.
    We should learn from what's gone on since last year and knock it back. If they come back with more then consider it, Basel are in the CL.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Well he is staying at ER then, £6m + no chance

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    50% would do it, where do we sign?

@hibs.net private member
    That would be very poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    That would be very poor decision.
    I’d be very disappointed to see him go. I just think an offer of that size for a fairly inconsistent player would be seen as to good to turn down.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd take 1.5m with 35% sell on clause.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I’d be very disappointed to see him go. I just think an offer of that size for a fairly inconsistent player would be seen as to good to turn down.
    I agree he has been inconsistent until recently but how much would it cost us to get a striker who is as good? We wouldnt get much change out of a million quid and we clearly wont spend that much money on one player

Blog Entries
    Whether this rumour is true or not, I wish it could be dealt with sooner rather than later. If it drags on for another week or so, we might just find ourselves in a last minute rush to find a replacement.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Not sure if anyone else felt this....but i thought flos body language was subdued after both his goals....especially our third where the team looked more excited than him? Maybe mind elsewhere?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    At this stage of the window/season I don’t think any offers should be considered at all. Would be virtually impossible to replace with similar quality. Flo has been looking better each game and he and Allan are continuing their great understanding from their previous spell together. It will bring us a lot of goals imo.
    Agreed. Remember when we lost Stokes in his first spell about 28hrs before window shut? Too late to replace him and contributed to the manager getting the bullet which lead to the downward spiral toward the relegation season.

If Flo moves it may well be in the next window to give us time to ID a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Agreed. Remember when we lost Stokes in his first spell about 28hrs before window shut? Too late to replace him and contributed to the manager getting the bullet which lead to the downward spiral toward the relegation season.

If Flo moves it may well be in the next window to give us time to ID a replacement.
    I agree that we should not be selling flo but I believe now with the structure in place we would have a list of targets lined up and have already put in feelers for availability in the case of if flo does go. A bit like shaw we won’t shoot ourselves in the foot until we have a replacement virtually ready.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    I agree that we should not be selling flo but I believe now with the structure in place we would have a list of targets lined up and have already put in feelers for availability in the case of if flo does go. A bit like shaw we won’t shoot ourselves in the foot until we have a replacement virtually ready.
    Considering our recruitment efforts these last few windows I'm not convinced we'd replace Kamberi with someone as good. Last time we went a number of windows replacing quality with average players it never ended well.