hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does ring true, someone had to go off, simple as that. Fyvie wasn't the problem, Lennons usual poor tactics in a big game as well as Rocky/Daz selling goals
    Agree

Fyvie was sacrificed

The ball was not sticking with Jase as he is never a lone striker it just kept coming back and coming back Holt had to go on to hold it up

It worked a treat as he scored and set one up for Dylan

We were unlucky with Dazs deflected og and Rockys last minute header

Edit:

Fyvie also booked after 24 mins
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 22-08-2019 at 12:46 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Agree

Fyvie was sacrificed

The ball was not sticking with Jase as he is never a lone striker it just kept coming back and coming back Holt had to go on to hold it up

Edit:

IMO the initial formation/tactics backfired on Lennon so Holt had to come on, as you say, to hold the ball up. This meant a midfielder had to make way and Fyvie's booking made the choice easier.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Agree

Fyvie was sacrificed

Edit:

That was it, well done Billy, he’d been booked. I remember thinking there was a definite reason FF came off before anyone else and it was that booking.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Some absolute nonsense on this thread. For one thing Fyvie hardly ever gave the ball away, thats what he was good at. He kept the ball moving, did the simple things very easily. No hollywood balls etc, but brought others into play.

But really, why the need to insult one of our Cup winners? I really just don't get that. Every one of them has a place in Hibs history. 114 years wait and then put's the boot into one of the players. Weird as f***.

Some real nonsense last posts, as for this yin, yer havin a giraffe FF “hardly ever gave the ball away” ? Get to spec savers or summat, I liked the guys work rate/tackling/running/tracking back a few things, but a footballer he was not, gave away simple possession infuriatingly good few times when basics could’ve produced so much more for team & player, exactly like Hamilton all this years afore imo, a good team not quite making that last step up cos a workhorse in there was that & that alone! Imo again another 1 player step up in class beside Mcginlay/O’Neill/Mccallister re Hamilton, or better beside McGinn/Mcgeouch etc would have produced so much more. Imo. But you comedians interpret that how ye will, I’m no much fussed, as bein understood’s mebbe big in social media ciircles where the seriously clever aw hang out but not quite top of my agenda! Bit funnier for me observin how many can get irate at the odd throwaway remark after a couple of beers, but then I wouldnae ever be claimin to be up to speed with Hibs.nets techies & trendy’s nowadays. Mebbes 15 ago or so but not now!

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Some absolute nonsense on this thread. For one thing Fyvie hardly ever gave the ball away, thats what he was good at. He kept the ball moving, did the simple things very easily. No hollywood balls etc, but brought others into play.

But really, why the need to insult one of our Cup winners? I really just don't get that. Every one of them has a place in Hibs history. 114 years wait and then put's the boot into one of the players. Weird as f***.

Some real nonsense last posts, as for this yin, yer havin a giraffe FF “hardly ever gave the ball away” ? Get to spec savers or summat, I liked the guys work rate/tackling/running/tracking back a few things, but a footballer he was not, gave away simple possession infuriatingly good few times when basics could’ve produced so much more for team & player, exactly like Hamilton all this years afore imo, a good team not quite making that last step up cos a workhorse in there was that & that alone! Imo again another 1 player step up in class beside Mcginlay/O’Neill/Mccallister re Hamilton, or better beside McGinn/Mcgeouch etc would have produced so much more. Imo. But you comedians interpret that how ye will, I’m no much fussed, as bein understood’s mebbe big in social media ciircles where the seriously clever aw hang out but not quite top of my agenda! Bit funnier for me observin how many can get irate at the odd throwaway remark after a couple of beers, but then I wouldnae ever be claimin to be up to speed with Hibs.nets techies & trendy’s nowadays. Mebbes 15 ago or so but not now!
    Jeezus ****, what an absolute load of tripe, dont type on an empty heid ffs 😆

No one is saying that Fraser Fyvie and Brian Hamilton were brilliant technically gifted footballers what we are saying is that they brought other attributes to the team, hard work, graft, high energy and total commitment all requirements that every successful football team needs and the most important ingredient they were both winners and both equally prized by their colleagues and fellow professionals and by fans that appreciated what they brought to the table

If you cannot see that then it is you that needs to go to Specsavers 😁
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 22-08-2019 at 08:45 PM.

What more can Hibs achieve than a Scottish cup win? He literally achieved all that we could ever ask of a Hibs player.

You don't need to be a "techie" to apply basic spelling and grammar.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Time for your bed major!

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    No one is saying that Fraser Fyvie and Brian Hamilton were brilliant technically gifted footballers what we are saying is that they brought other attributes to the team, hard work, graft, high energy and total commitment all requirements that every successful football team needs and the most important ingredient they were both winners and both equally prized by their colleagues and fellow professionals and by fans that appreciated what they brought to the table

If you cannot see that then it is you that needs to go to Specsavers 😁
    What slavers when you don’t want to read the original text! IMO repeat IMO Hibs would’ve been MUCH better with better in these IMO not good enough at basics footballers! Read what was said! I liked both of them but they were in a shell somehow that stopped my team Hibs

What slavers when you don’t want to read the original text! IMO repeat IMO Hibs would’ve been MUCH better with better in these IMO not good enough at basics footballers! Read what was said! I liked both of them but they were in a shell somehow that stopped my team Hibs
    Brilliant!

IMO three times in the one sentence?

Yes you are correct it is your opinion and you are entitled to it

You are forgetting it is HIBS we are talking about not Barca

It would be nice to have had an Iniesta to play their roles but even he had his critics from his own support in the early days

I recall when Stubbsy first signed Fraser Fyvie he said that we were lucky to get him and given our budget and our position in the second tier of Scottish Football he was probably correct

Yes Brian Hamilton and Fraser Fyvie were not perfect but they both left our great club with winners medals a feat they had both earlier achieved with St Mirren and Wigan respectively

All of the above is not IMO it is a fact!

What did they stop then from doing?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    This thread is a prime example of what Hibs.net has become. People getting their knickers in a twist because some think he was rubbish at basic football, others thinking he was a very good midfielder, and both sides arguing their case with no middle ground.

As I started this thread to simply make folk aware that Fraser Fyvie had joined Cove Rangers, and nothing else I think it is time to shut the thread down.

Good luck Fraser, hope you do well.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.