hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised it didn't work out for Fraser at Utd. He's a decent player and surely good enough for Championship level (or better)
    A United mate of mine reckons its the injuries that's the problem. Never really recovered from doing his cruciate ligament.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Well all the very best to him. I thought he was a far better player than some gave him credit for. Sounds like he’s got a good deal at a progressive club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    His contract expired therefore he was released at the end of it. There wasnt a contract on the table when he left the club so what other way can you describe it? It wasnt a mutual decision as he changed his mind and wanted to sign the contract but was too late. Its not rocket science and i dont know why youre doing mental gymnastics over it.
    If you believe he was released then you have zero understanding of reality. He was offered a contract , his original one having run it's course. HE was not released and you have in no way presented a case to prove otherwise. How much compensation did we pay him for releasing him as is the norm when clubs "release" players ? you will doubtless respond to type by avoiding the question and slavering the same rubbish as previously....I ask you once more "At which point did Hibs release him ?"

.QUOTE=gloryhunter;5896650]This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.[/QUOTE]

Simple isn't it gloryhunter ?... Everyone else gets the principal but of course we are all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DMH0762 View Post
    If you believe he was released then you have zero understanding of reality. He was offered a contract , his original one having run it's course. HE was not released and you have in no way presented a case to prove otherwise. How much compensation did we pay him for releasing him as is the norm when clubs "release" players ? you will doubtless respond to type by avoiding the question and slavering the same rubbish as previously....I ask you once more "At which point did Hibs release him ?"

.QUOTE=gloryhunter;5896650]This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.
    Have a herbal tea or something mate. It's all cool.

Although to be fair release can also be defined as 'let go'. Which he was at the end of his contract.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 20-08-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

Although to be fair release can also be defined as 'let go'. Which he was at the end of his contract.
    "Mate" or mates ? Only one of these quotes can be attributed to me

It's all good mate

"Mate" or mates ? Only one of these quotes can be attributed to me

It's all good mate
    👍

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Its pretty sad. I do wonder if all support's have such a negative and abusive (towards their own) element to their support as we do. Do the Jambos have threads sticking the boot into their '5-1' legends? I very much doubt it. Or perhaps they do. Either way, I struggle to see what the likes of MajorHibs get from these types of posts.
    Ha ha, the fact I don’t rate the player & his ability, & thereafter disagree with what I see as OTT revisionism on his ability & contribution past & present (many = I’d have him in this team now) as loads seem to like imagining, means I negatively sadly uncomprehendingly attack past players I just didnae rate? Barry! (see what I did with words there?)

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    (see what I did with words there?)
    Emm. Nup.

Testimonial Due

In the let go he would not have been offered a new contract which he was.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Emm. Nup.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Ha ha, the fact I don’t rate the player & his ability, & thereafter disagree with what I see as OTT revisionism on his ability & contribution past & present (many = I’d have him in this team now) as loads seem to like imagining, means I negatively sadly uncomprehendingly attack past players I just didnae rate? Barry! (see what I did with words there?)
    Do you just pick a whole load of random words out a dictionary and decide to use then in a sentence every single time you post

.QUOTE=gloryhunter;5896650]This has gone on far too long and mainly because of you. To be released it has to be from a contract. To not re-sign a player is not a release, you have to be released from something. He was made an offer of a new contract, he took too long to give an answer and the offer was withdrawn. Definitely not rocket science.
    Simple isn't it gloryhunter ?... Everyone else gets the principal but of course we are all wrong.[/QUOTE]

Presented a case

Calm down man. Released/ let go; *****/jobbie. Fact is he wasnt a Hibs player at the end of his contract because there wasnt a contract to sign as it had been taken away from him weeks before. Out of interest; would he have been placed on the retained or released list?
    Last edited by we are hibs; 21-08-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Yes. You used all the wrong ones in completely the wrong order.

He wasn't even really complimented before you chipped in with the bizarre attack comparing him to Hamilton. Certainly no one had said they would have him in the current team at that stage.

Also no idea what you are on about with your last comment

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    (see what I did with words there?)
    Load them into a cannon and fire them at your screen?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Simple isn't it gloryhunter ?... Everyone else gets the principal but of course we are all wrong.

Presented a case

Calm down man. Released/ let go; *****/jobbie. Fact is he wasnt a Hibs player at the end of his contract because there wasnt a contract to sign as it had been taken away from him weeks before. Out of interest; would he have been placed on the retained or released list?[/QUOTE]

"There was not a contract as it was taken away weeks before." So there was a contract offer but he hesitated and wanted more and when there was no more coming at Hibs or elsewhere he decided to sign but Hibs (probably Lennon) had offer withdrawn. He certainly was not released from his live contract and had an offer of a new one when the live one expired.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 21-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    My son was back from Australia for the Scottish Cup Final win in 2016 and met Fyfie at Waverley Station on the Monday when he was getting a train back to Carlisle after the Sunday celebrations and son had his Hibs top on ( my wife and me left him on the Sunday so he could carry on his party !). Frazer was really rough and just smiled at my son and shook his head . Made a fitting end to his epic trip back after totally surprising us landing back on the Thursday without telling us !

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Yes. You used all the wrong ones in completely the wrong order.
    As you interpret it!

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Some absolute nonsense on this thread. For one thing Fyvie hardly ever gave the ball away, thats what he was good at. He kept the ball moving, did the simple things very easily. No hollywood balls etc, but brought others into play.

But really, why the need to insult one of our Cup winners? I really just don't get that. Every one of them has a place in Hibs history. 114 years wait and then put's the boot into one of the players. Weird as f***.
    I'm with you with the insults, I've never quite wrapped my head around Hibs fans abusing past and present players whether it be at the game or on a forum.

As for Fyvie, I thought he tried 100% for us whenever he played good or bad and it's all you can ask of any player. A CLUB LEGEND as you rightly say and deserves respect whatever your personal view of him as a player.

Sadly left us on a sour note and will probably be remembered for his semi final outburst at lennon rather than his MAJOR contribution in the cup final.

As you interpret it!
    Indeed. Although it was a struggle.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I'm with you with the insults, I've never quite wrapped my head around Hibs fans abusing past and present players whether it be at the game or on a forum.

As for Fyvie, I thought he tried 100% for us whenever he played good or bad and it's all you can ask of any player. A CLUB LEGEND as you rightly say and deserves respect whatever your personal view of him as a player.

Sadly left us on a sour note and will probably be remembered for his semi final outburst at lennon rather than his MAJOR contribution in the cup final.
    I agree with most of what was said here but he did miss pass frequently to opponents. I was thought he was trying for too much on these miss passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post

What semi final outburst? Lennon said in his interview after that Fyvie wasn't to blame at all and his teammates let him down.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    What semi final outburst? Lennon said in his interview after that Fyvie wasn't to blame at all and his teammates let him down.
    I wonder why Lennon took him off then? One of his more baffling decisions.

Fyvie wasn't better or worse than anyone else in the opening stages of that tie. I also remember a game in the Championship where Cummings tried to play a flick on for Holt who was nowhere near where he should have been so it went out harmlessly for a throw-in. Lennon went mad at him and subbed him off shortly after.

If you're on the wrong end of that you wouldn't be a happy bunny at all. I really felt for Fyvie at that point.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Fyvie wasn't better or worse than anyone else in the opening stages of that tie. I also remember a game in the Championship where Cummings tried to play a flick on for Holt who was nowhere near where he should have been so it went out harmlessly for a throw-in. Lennon went mad at him and subbed him off shortly after.

If you're on the wrong end of that you wouldn't be a happy bunny at all. I really felt for Fyvie at that point.
    Because we needed a 2nd striker on and to get that we had to sacrifice a midfielder and McGeouch and McGinn were/are both better players

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Because we needed a 2nd striker on and to get that we had to sacrifice a midfielder and McGeouch and McGinn were/are both better players
    But they were letting down Fyvie so got to stay on? Doesn't ring true IMO.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Such a baffling decision that the guy that replaced Fyvie scored within seconds of coming on you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Such a baffling decision that the guy that replaced Fyvie scored within seconds of coming on you mean?
    No, if he wasn't the worst of the midfielders then why not replace one of the other midfielders?

He hung Fyvie out to dry that day. Not surprised he needed time to think over his contract offer. Same reason why after questioning his willingness to play under his injuries I'm not surprised McGeouch chose to leave. Hung him out to dry too.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    No, if he wasn't the worst of the midfielders then why not replace one of the other midfielders?

He hung Fyvie out to dry that day. Not surprised he needed time to think over his contract offer. Same reason why after questioning his willingness to play under his injuries I'm not surprised McGeouch chose to leave. Hung him out to dry too.
    I actually semi-agree with you, just being wide a pointing out his substitute scored.

What I will say on that is that I felt there was more balance in midfield when Fyvie went off, I don’t think him a McGeouch were the right combination, and Lennons team selection that day was baffling from the off.

But they were letting down Fyvie so got to stay on? Doesn't ring true IMO.
    It does ring true, someone had to go off, simple as that. Fyvie wasn't the problem, Lennons usual poor tactics in a big game as well as Rocky/Daz selling goals

He never hung Fyvie out to dry. He made the correct call at that point of the game. Not sure he hung McGeough out to dry either, he played his best and most consistent football under Lennon.