hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fraser fyvie was brian Hamilton reincarnated, all endeavour & not enough end product. You want to support a team that beats your rivals, you need the winner, not the guy who can’t do the basics, who constantly messes up good moves, who makes decent teammates look poor due to inability. For me they were absolute drains on the talent around them cos they couldn’t do the basics & continuously gave away possession which put Hibs on the back foot due to their inability. In short, I thought both of them were terrible, & cost us SO SO many games. Absolute mince players. Sorry. But they were crap & dragged decent teams with potential down to their level cos they were mates & liked.
    Drugs are bad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Good luck Fraser. He’s a hero - also a brilliant footballer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Drugs are bad.
    Well done being so polite mate 👍

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Well done being so polite mate 👍
    It was tough trust me👍🏻😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    It was tough trust me👍🏻😂

Fraser Fyvie was one of my favourite Hibs players over the past five years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Fraser Fyvie was one of my favourite Hibs players over the past five years
    He deserves every ounce of respect. He was a terrific player for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He deserves every ounce of respect. He was a terrific player for us.
    Imagine if he never played stokes through in the 89th minute to win That corner... He could've took a shot but passed.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Imagine if he never played stokes through in the 89th minute to win That corner... He could've took a shot but passed.
    Thought Stokes had scored tbh so did he !

Fraser fyvie was brian Hamilton reincarnated, all endeavour & not enough end product. You want to support a team that beats your rivals, you need the winner, not the guy who can’t do the basics, who constantly messes up good moves, who makes decent teammates look poor due to inability. For me they were absolute drains on the talent around them cos they couldn’t do the basics & continuously gave away possession which put Hibs on the back foot due to their inability. In short, I thought both of them were terrible, & cost us SO SO many games. Absolute mince players. Sorry. But they were crap & dragged decent teams with potential down to their level cos they were mates & liked.

Anyone that played in the team that would not die that won the 1991/92 League Cup /Skol Cup Final will tell you that Brian Hamilton was the water carrier the box to box midfielder the John McGinn that did all the unheralded hard work for all the superstars indeed I remember a 30 yard drive after a lung bursting run that hit the post second half such was his desire to be a “ winner” after Lexos half time team talk

Legend!

@hibs.net private member
    Players that play those roles are essential to most football teams...both were good players.....also you have a poor memory, as those players often won back and retained possession, for other more forward going players around them...

If you were to ask their team mates what they thought of them, you would get a hugely positive view....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIVATEhibs View Post

a couple of Minor demotions for you, Major

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Why do you bother posting on here, every single post is negative regardless of the topic, usually the tone is very aggressive as well. No doubt you will also have an angry reply to everyone that has replied to your very bizarre post slso.

Spent ages trying to think of a reasoned response to your detailed analysis but I'm struggling.

What a load of rubbish!

I always thought of FF was an important member of our cup winning team midfield. I recall many games up to the Morton away game when he was excellent. It was noticeable that the injury he sustained at the end of the game was the catalyst for us going on a run of poor form that ultimately resulted in us dropping too many points to allow The Rangers to free wheel to the title.

Thankfully he was back by the Scottish Cup Final.

I really struggle to understand why any Hibs fan would take the time to write such rubbish about the legends who won the cup for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Excellent player in an excellent side.

Brian Hamilton - cup winner
    Fraser Fyvie - cup winner

They dragged the teams down so much they achieved things that will last forever and are the best days Hibs have ever seen
    👍

He's signed for Cove because they have wealthy backers who offered him a good deal as part of their strategy to climb the leagues quickly and reep the benefits of Aberdeen moving out to the back of nowhere peeling off a chunk of their fan base in an expanding area of the city

Good luck to him

I didnt rate him either but i wish him all the best. He played well in the final and we have had worse midfielders. Ill personally always remember him for the pass for stevensons volley at ibrox. What a night that was

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The old Skean Dhu?
    Was it not a Thisle hotel. There were 2 Skean Dhus at the airport. One at maint entrance which is now Jurys Inn and one at the Dyce side which is now the Hallmark, it's more a motel type place.

Oh, and good luck to FF always liked him.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    I'm hearing Fraser Fyvie is on £800 per week. Paul Hartley on £60k per annum.

Cove are spending serious money. IMO it will all end in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Was it not a Thisle hotel. There were 2 Skean Dhus at the airport. One at maint entrance which is now Jurys Inn and one at the Dyce side which is now the Hallmark, it's more a motel type place.

Oh, and good luck to FF always liked him.
    It was a Thistle. I thought it was the third Skean Dh before that. The Jury’s Inn one at the airport had the outside pool.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Fraser Fyvie has an FA Cup winners medal and a Scottish Cup winners medal he must have been doing something right

If he had just signed he would still be here

I sometimes wonder if Lenny didnae fancy him

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I didnt rate him either but i wish him all the best. He played well in the final and we have had worse midfielders. Ill personally always remember him for the pass for stevensons volley at ibrox. What a night that was
    He was a great wee player with a great engine. The occasional wayward pass when he tried to defence split and us others say without him we would still be hurting. Great pass to Stokes to force the corner that gave us so much glory and happiness. Thank you FF.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Seen some ***** posts over my years of posting and congratulations, cause that’s right up the very top with the ‘best’ of them
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Absolutely incredible

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Fraser Fyvie has an FA Cup winners medal and a Scottish Cup winners medal he must have been doing something right

If he had just signed he would still be here

I sometimes wonder if Lenny didnae fancy him
    Agree. He might have been a bit daft initially but I was very sorry he didn't keep him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Seen some ***** posts over my years of posting and congratulations, cause that’s right up the very top with the ‘best’ of them
    Certainly in the top 3.

Ha, ha :-D

First Team Breakthrough
    Best wishes to him. Good servant for us and helped us to win the cup. That alone should see him held in high regard. Hope he stays fit and can enjoy the rest of his career 🙂