hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I saw this on Twitter and it got me thinking that there's beauty everywhere if we only care to take a step back, look and appreciate it.

So, it might be nice to have a thread where people posted "beautiful things".

The beauty in this clip is the process itself, although the final scene with them all disappearing off is pretty cool too.

https://twitter.com/andy_park/status...777700864?s=09

Having said that, it won't surprise me if someone says it's grotesque.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw this on Twitter and it got me thinking that there's beauty everywhere if we only care to take a step back, look and appreciate it.

So, it might be nice to have a thread where people posted "beautiful things".

The beauty in this clip is the process itself, although the final scene with them all disappearing off is pretty cool too.

https://twitter.com/andy_park/status...777700864?s=09

Having said that, it won't surprise me if someone says it's grotesque.
    I saw that yesterday and without even clicking on the link knew what it was going to be, I love stuff like that, I have a very inquisitive mind and love know how things are done

That's brilliant to watch.

My one is horrible, brutalist 60s architecture - I absolutely love it.

Sadly we're going through a time where it is fashionable (and being honest, practical) to tear a load of it down.

I have no background in architecture or anything similar, but I can lose hours online, absolutely mesmerised, looking at what most people would consider to be horrifically ugly buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That's brilliant to watch.

My one is horrible, brutalist 60s architecture - I absolutely love it.

Sadly we're going through a time where it is fashionable (and being honest, practical) to tear a load of it down.

I have no background in architecture or anything similar, but I can lose hours online, absolutely mesmerised, looking at what most people would consider to be horrifically ugly buildings.
    Get some examples posted 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 2,389.68!

Got to love an architect with a sense of humour.
    https://building.ca/more-than-half-c...ll-captivates/

I love ecclesiastical architecture. My favourite example I have seen in the flesh is Santa Maria Del Mar in Barcelona.

It's often overlooked because people only want see the Sagrada Familia but it's an amazing building that dates from the 14th century.

http://www.santamariadelmarbarcelona.org/home/
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Sam Quek.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I love ecclesiastical architecture. My favourite example I have seen in the flesh is Santa Maria Del Mar in Barcelona.

It's often overlooked because people only want see the Sagrada Familia but it's an amazing building that dates from the 14th century.

http://www.santamariadelmarbarcelona.org/home/
    I've not got a religious bone in my body but as I get older I'm really starting to appreciate the architecture of churches without actually setting foot inside them. There's a church across the road from Tickety Boo's in Dundee which is particularly pleasing to my untrained eye.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I've not got a religious bone in my body but as I get older I'm really starting to appreciate the architecture of churches without actually setting foot inside them. There's a church across the road from Tickety Boo's in Dundee which is particularly pleasing to my untrained eye.
    I think you're meaning St Paul's Cathedral.

I usually like the interior of Anglican churches. They often manage to strike a nice balance between the austereness of the Church of Scotland and the more tawdry excesses of some Catholic churches.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think you're meaning St Paul's Cathedral.
    Aye, that's the one.

My late Uncle was an Architect, he designed and won many awards throughout Edinburgh with his work, the only one I know of is the hexagonal extension to the church beside the Conan Doyle pub and St James centre, good hibbie too 🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    My late Uncle was an Architect, he designed and won many awards throughout Edinburgh with his work, the only one I know of is the hexagonal extension to the church beside the Conan Doyle pub and St James centre, good hibbie too 🇳🇬

That's not a church. It's St Mary's Cathedral.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

That's not a church. It's St Mary's Cathedral.
    Oops, sorry, for what its worth, I was married 30 years ago in the church over the road from the cathedral, St Pauls and St Georges 😆👍

My favourite London walk is from St Paul's to the southbank and passing Parliment on the other side of the Thames. Such a variety of buildings and bridges taking in all kinds of styles. Highly recommended if you have a few hours to spare in London. MI6 (or 5, I forget) is also on view. Secret service haha