hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got my mojo back after last weekends game
    Really looking forward to it now!
    Me too Billy . Will be a good cup test and chance for the players to put down a marker ...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Got my mojo back after last weekends game
    Really looking forward to it now!
    These games sometimes feel a bit flatter than the league business but I reckon this is a massive game for us.

Looking forward to a pint or two and then the game.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    So what’s that got to do with apparently saying scoring 12 against the team from the Faroes wasn’t good enough or our league form? That’s what you said in your first post, now you’re talking about transfers. What one is it, because they’re totally different things?

Like I said, you’re making things up. I was concerned about transfers last season, I never once said scoring 12 against the team from the Faroes or our start to the league wasn’t good enough. You say you have no need to show me because you have no way of showing me, because it didn’t happen.

Off you pop now.
    Off you pop, well done. Nearly a whole season moaning about signings, unbalance and players coming in late in the window. Playing players out of position and results mattering even early in the season before the window closed.

Yet now exactly the same things are happening, our squad is unbalanced, our team are struggling to win against part timers, in fact didnt win one of those games, an unconvincing win in the league, and an absolute humping in the other, yet we need to wait and see now, last year you could tell we were crap, this season we have to wait.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Off you pop, well done. Nearly a whole season moaning about signings, unbalance and players coming in late in the window. Playing players out of position and results mattering even early in the season before the window closed.

Yet now exactly the same things are happening, our squad is unbalanced, our team are struggling to win against part timers, in fact didnt win one of those games, an unconvincing win in the league, and an absolute humping in the other, yet we need to wait and see now, last year you could tell we were crap, this season we have to wait.

One loss this season and you seem to be absolutely reveling in it. Never seen you use the laughing emoji quite as much.

An 'unconvincing' win where we hit the post twice and had a goal disallowed against a team who beat Aberdeen the following week. The Rangers result was dreadful but not helped by going down to ten men and TBF to Heckingbottom, he tried to stay attacking by putting two strikers on to try and get a point which in hindsight wasn't the right call, but still showed intent.

Looking forward to a good win or two and not hearing a peep from you for a while.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Heading through now.

Expecting a similar game and result as the St Mirren one.

Decent enough day and might be pleasantly surprised!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    One loss this season and you seem to be absolutely reveling in it. Never seen you use the laughing emoji quite as much.

An 'unconvincing' win where we hit the post twice and had a goal disallowed against a team who beat Aberdeen the following week. The Rangers result was dreadful but not helped by going down to ten men and TBF to Heckingbottom, he tried to stay attacking by putting two strikers on to try and get a point which in hindsight wasn't the right call, but still showed intent.

Looking forward to a good win or two and not hearing a peep from you for a while.
    Me too.

One loss which was humiliating, and an unconvincing league cup run has lead me to my way of thinking, is this not how it works, it certainly was for callum last season, that's how it works apparently.

According to him the season started with our european games last season, but this season it apparently starts when the league starts, the league cup one of only 2 competitions we can win was pre season, yet our european games, a competition we cant win was the start of our season last year.

Maybe you can explain why i'm a little confused with these inconsistencies?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Me too.

One loss which was humiliating, and an unconvincing league cup run has lead me to my way of thinking, is this not how it works, it certainly was for callum last season, that's how it works apparently.

According to him the season started with our european games last season, but this season it apparently starts when the league starts, the league cup one of only 2 competitions we can win was pre season, yet our european games, a competition we cant win was the start of our season last year.

Maybe you can explain why i'm a little confused with these inconsistencies?
    Lennon's gone, he was an arse and as a result it's good for everyone. Stop your sulking.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

He had a hard on for me all last summer and it appears he’s got it again.

His latest post about me saying the season doesn’t start until the league starts says it all. I literally said a few weeks ago I wanted us to play a full strength team in the last league cup game because it’s one of the two competitions we can actually win. Yet he’s claiming I’ve said the opposite and of course “doesn’t need to show me” that I said it because he can’t show me that I said it. Because it didn’t happen and he’s making it up.

Lives in a fantasy world. His recollection of the St Mirren game would suggest as much. He’s best ignored and a win today might shut him up. He’ll probably find a way to tell us that we struggled through it though, like the St Mirren game.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 17-08-2019 at 11:59 AM.

So again, nothing about your fantasy story about me criticising us for scoring 12 goals? Fancy that. You initially chose to have a pop at me out the blue for something that you made up and now you’ve tried to change it round to being about something totally unrelated.

Try and enjoy your afternoon pal. Hopefully a comfortable Hibs win won’t ruin it too much for you.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 17-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Comfortable win for Hibs. Vela to show us what he's all about and all fans to sound a sigh of relief when Doidge scores a tap in.

Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Comfortable win for Hibs. Vela to show us what he's all about and all fans to sound a sigh of relief when Doidge scores a tap in.
    Agreed. I think we’ll win by 2 or 3.

Fancy Middleton to do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m not Slivkas biggest fan but I’d be tempted to go with that aswell. Possibly Mallan for Slivka but I’d agree that we’ll struggle to fit Mallan and Allan into a three against better sides so we should be looking to find a three that works rather than just playing our best three.
    If there’s one thing certain it’s that if Mallan plays today we will be out of the league cup.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If there’s one thing certain it’s that if Mallan plays today we will be out of the league cup.
    He’s suspended isn’t he

To be fair in Scottish football that doesn’t mean it’s a certainty you’re going out. Just look at Hearts

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    He can't play today can he? Suspended?

Anyway, whether he does or not, we should remember Morton have not been frightened or soft in the tackle so far, so, Mallan's dead ball skill might be missed, or useful if he does play.

Edit: He's suspended.

I've been raging all week and was adamant I wasn't going to this match....then I had too much to drink last night and bought a ticket. All is forgiven. 3-0 for hibs, Doidge hat trick.

Peach of a post 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    I've been raging all week and was adamant I wasn't going to this match....then I had too much to drink last night and bought a ticket. All is forgiven. 3-0 for hibs, Doidge hat trick.
    Think your still pissed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    That's the spirit 👍