hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jim wants 25% so he can get a seat at the big table.
    Unfair to single him out. If it ever came to it, a HSL member would have to be voted in by the membership.
    The guy appears to work hard, but if farting against thunder with the negativity towards HSL by a vocal band of Hibs fans
    As others have stated, Hearts bring in about 100k per month from 8000 fans. We bring in 20k from 2500 fans. We have 40k in the bank

If more fans contributed then we would generate more money, simple.

Also if HSL built up a war chest of cash then this could be used if another share issue was ever forthcoming.
    I know that wouldn’t appease guys who want money to go to the team, but many others are concerned about the possibility that the current 23% of shares owned by HSL and small shareholders could be diluted!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    What are the 2020 Project Brave requirements? I’ve still to see anything stating a full sized indoor pitch is needed to retain elite status. Are you talking about other improvements? If so, what?
    Specifically the indoor pitch, and looking back the club have been talking about installing it a long time before RG came on the scene.

However, on going to see what the specifics are of Elite status, there's nothing from CAS criteria online. If you have a copy of the CAS criteria I'd be interested to see what it says, there's plenty of chatter online from various clubs not looking to attain Elite academy status specifically because of the requirement of an indoor pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    Unfair to single him out. If it ever came to it, a HSL member would have to be voted in by the membership.
    The guy appears to work hard, but if farting against thunder with the negativity towards HSL by a vocal band of Hibs fans
    As others have stated, Hearts bring in about 100k per month from 8000 fans. We bring in 20k from 2500 fans. We have 40k in the bank

If more fans contributed then we would generate more money, simple.

Also if HSL built up a war chest of cash then this could be used if another share issue was ever forthcoming.
    I know that wouldn’t appease guys who want money to go to the team, but many others are concerned about the possibility that the current 23% of shares owned by HSL and small shareholders could be diluted!
    Loan the money to the club for now, interest free, in exchange for first option in any future share issue. Everyones a winner, HSL can commit to owning more shares, and Hibs get cash in the here and now. Whats not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Jim wants 25% so he can get a seat at the big table.
    Jacomo

I don't ever recall speaking to you about this but if I have perhaps you could remind me.

As a Director of an Organisation whose principle objective is to acquire as many shares in the Club as possible I'm not sure what our Members would expect me to do, other than pursue that objective.

In particular, achieving an ownership stake of 20% entitles Hibernian Supporters to nominate someone to the Board of the Club. That can can only be achieved with an ownership stake, nothing else.

As other posters have already stated on here, things aren't really terribly complicated. If you have spare cash that you won't miss and you feel you want to provide some additional financial support to your Club, donate to us.

That's what the Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell folks are doing.

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Jim Adie

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Jacomo

I don't ever recall speaking to you about this but if I have perhaps you could remind me.

As a Director of an Organisation whose principle objective is to acquire as many shares in the Club as possible I'm not sure what our Members would expect me to do, other than pursue that objective.

In particular, achieving an ownership stake of 20% entitles Hibernian Supporters to nominate someone to the Board of the Club. That can can only be achieved with an ownership stake, nothing else.

As other posters have already stated on here, things aren't really terribly complicated. If you have spare cash that you won't miss and you feel you want to provide some additional financial support to your Club, donate to us.

That's what the Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell folks are doing.

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Jim Adie
    Given the way the ability to purchase shares to meet that objective ended has there been any approach to the new owner to grant HSL a seat on the board now?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Jim, can you please have a look at my post of page 2, asking why fans can’t donate on the e-ticketing page, but can donate to the Hibernian Foundation Community!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Smoke and mirrors
    Is that the same as mince?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Given the way the ability to purchase shares to meet that objective ended has there been any approach to the new owner to grant HSL a seat on the board now?
    Marinello59

We have met with Ron only twice, once very briefly.

To be fair to him he has asked us, along with everyone else, to give himself the chance to get his feet under the table and get to know people, processes, history etc before doing anything. To us that seemed a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

While achieving representation would be good for our Members and indeed being able to achieve a 25.1% stake would be excellent, our biggest desire is to simply drive up Membership. Aberdeen fans are donating an extra £500,000 to their Club.From around February our friends across the City will have the option of giving their Club an extra £1.2m per year. There is not a lot of money is floating around Scottish football so if fans, who can afford to do so, feel they want to provide some addition funding then why not. If others don't want to, that of course is their prerogative. We can make this as complicated as we want it but it really boils down to that.

Hibernian Supporters

Marinello59

We have met with Ron only twice, once very briefly.

To be fair to him he has asked us, along with everyone else, to give himself the chance to get his feet under the table and get to know people, processes, history etc before doing anything. To us that seemed a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

While achieving representation would be good for our Members and indeed being able to achieve a 25.1% stake would be excellent, our biggest desire is to simply drive up Membership. Aberdeen fans are donating an extra £500,000 to their Club.From around February our friends across the City will have the option of giving their Club an extra £1.2m per year. There is not a lot of money is floating around Scottish football so if fans, who can afford to do so, feel they want to provide some addition funding then why not. If others don't want to, that of course is their prerogative. We can make this as complicated as we want it but it really boils down to that.

Hibernian Supporters
    Thanks for the answer.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Jim, can you please have a look at my post of page 2, asking why fans can’t donate on the e-ticketing page, but can donate to the Hibernian Foundation Community!
    Billy

We are not really sure why. Would you mind emailing us a screenshot of this. We have asked the Club on previous occasions if we could be included in the Season Purchase process and that request is still there.

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    Using my ready reckoner that equates to £12.5 head/month for the yams and £8 head/month for us. We just need to up the ante and/or alternatively increase the number of fans donating.

Where the difference lies is that due to going into administration, Hearts had a clear goal for the yams to contribute. For me, Hibs not going into administration has meant that many supporters have assumed that there will always be a rich benevolent benefactor looking after the financial good will of the club.

Farmer & Petrie (thank God) have gone but I am still to be convinced on RG's agenda for the club. Not all are like the Bunnet.
    Last edited by Turkish Green; 16-08-2019 at 03:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Billy

We are not really sure why. Would you mind emailing us a screenshot of this. We have asked the Club on previous occasions if we could be included in the Season Purchase process and that request is still there.

Hibernian Supporters
    I’ll email it to you. You have to buy a ticket, then it asks if you want to donate various amounts

Should be with you now
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 16-08-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Loan the money to the club for now, interest free, in exchange for first option in any future share issue. Everyones a winner, HSL can commit to owning more shares, and Hibs get cash in the here and now. Whats not to like?
    Purple& Green

It's not as simple as that :

1. Our Articles do not permit us to lend any money to anyone

2. We have not had any real sense from Members that this is a route they would want to pursue. Most seem to want to just donate

3. We have no reason to believe the Club would want to borrow money.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Yep. There’s all sorts of reasons why that’s the case but those are the naked facts.
    They actually aren't.

The figures are actually c £120000/ month. A significant amount of money nonetheless, but lets not indulge them too much with gross exaggeration. There are also a whole load of rewards attached to donation which( will make the final net worth a bit less too.

Hibs fans will give more, but we need the scheme to be right. So does the direction of travel from our new owner. First team first, infrastructure can wait.

Purple& Green

It's not as simple as that :

1. Our Articles do not permit us to lend any money to anyone

2. We have not had any real sense from Members that this is a route they would want to pursue. Most seem to want to just donate

3. We have no reason to believe the Club would want to borrow money.

Hibernian Supporters
    1. The articles don't permit you to donate money either do they?

2. I would humbly suggest you take Independent legal advice on that - we've just been taken over and have no idea of the direction of travel. I'd be amazed if any other fans ownership group is donating money to a football club. Taking money from new members for no tangible return impacts on the existing members - the more I think about it, donating money to the club is a mental proposition which is asking for a trouble.

3. But they would take donations from stakeholders? Read what you are saying and proposing? - I hope the club have the good sense to see the negative impact on HSL this would bring and refuse to accept donations.

I appreciate you are working really hard to keep HSL relevant and trying to build momentum, but please think again.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    1. The articles don't permit you to donate money either do they?

2. I would humbly suggest you take Independent legal advice on that - we've just been taken over and have no idea of the direction of travel. I'd be amazed if any other fans ownership group is donating money to a football club. Taking money from new members for no tangible return impacts on the existing members - the more I think about it, donating money to the club is a mental proposition which is asking for a trouble.

3. But they would take donations from stakeholders? Read what you are saying and proposing? - I hope the club have the good sense to see the negative impact on HSL this would bring and refuse to accept donations.

I appreciate you are working really hard to keep HSL relevant and trying to build momentum, but please think again.
    Not sure about the rest but from early on there's always been an option to use HSL to donate rather than buy shares, this was to give a vehicle for those that were against fan ownership but still wanted to contribute to the playing budget.

Was clunky at the start needing to arrange things via email etc but I'm sure I saw somewhere there's now a link on their website with that option.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk