hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HSL meeting tonight

This is in reply to 3pm’s question in another thread. I have no involvement in HSL apart from being a member, all views are personal and my interpretation only, (which may not be correct).

The HSL membership will be asked how they want their contributions to be managed, the obvious options are,

1. Shares
    2. Playing budget
    3. Infrastructure

I don’t think the directors could have been any more transparent stating it’s our organisation and the members will decide the future.

There was a lot of discussion about our new owner which whilst very relevant I felt became a distraction from how HSL promotes itself going forward as a vehicle for improving the overall health of the team we support.

Leeann spoke very passionately (and more importantly to me seemingly honestly) that she believes the club is progressing in a positive direction.

Lots of detail revealed about recent player acquisition decisions made by Hibs with LD defending the clubs process and outcomes.

HSL membership continues to grow and fans continue to donate shares.

I will not spend all night answering questions, get yourself along to next weeks meeting it was interesting and informative.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    “Lots of detail revealed about recent player acquisition decisions made by Hibs with LD defending the clubs process and outcomes.”

I know you said you wouldn’t be up all night answering questions but I’m sure more detail would be welcome here..

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “Lots of detail revealed about recent player acquisition decisions made by Hibs with LD defending the clubs process and outcomes.”

I know you said you wouldn’t be up all night answering questions but I’m sure more detail would be welcome here..
    PS, only watching stranger things so,

McNulty, Omeonga, Bartley and Ambrose situations all discussed with LD defending the decisions made.

Fans at meeting questioning some of our recent signings. I felt (again only my interpretation) that Leeann believes it is far too early to make the decision that we have recruited poorly and actually stated, give them a chance or something similar.

I will say it again that although there was a lot of interesting detail, it detracted from the HSL discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    PS, only watching stranger things so,

McNulty, Omeonga, Bartley and Ambrose situations all discussed with LD defending the decisions made.

Fans at meeting questioning some of our recent signings. I felt (again only my interpretation) that Leeann believes it is far too early to make the decision that we have recruited poorly and actually stated, give them a chance or something similar.

I will say it again that although there was a lot of interesting detail, it detracted from the HSL discussion.
    Thanks for the update loopz, very helpful. I did wonder if would be used as a platform for LD to defend the clubs actions. HSL - for me - is vehicle to put money into hibs I can afford to give. What hibs do with it, is in a sense up to them - I’m uncomfortable with some of hibs direction of travel but I do not doubt that any individual is doing a job for the best of reasons to the best of their ability. So presumably the members will be given a choice in the near future what to spend the funds on, given iirc hsl cant rattle along building up a cash pot without changing its a of a

This is why I’m looking at our neighbours with intrigue - how are they going to run a football club?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I wasn’t able to attend the meeting.

How many people turned up?

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Thanks for the update - much appreciated. Would have been there if I hadn't already agreed to play football. Will definitely try and get to another event and also look to increase my contribution later on the year.: finances permitting

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wasn’t able to attend the meeting.

How many people turned up?
    Approx 40.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Approx 40.
    I was there last night. Very impressed with both Jim and LD. She mentioned that Aberdeen and our neighbours are having money shovelled into them by donors. Also that to sign McNulty and Omeonga would have cost the Club about £5m over a 3 year period and if we did have that money to spend on players, we wouldn’t be spending it on just those 2.

I left feeling positive about continuing my HSL donations, but I think there will be a tougher crowd at next weeks HSA meeting.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post

Indeed. I trust her judgement so it would be good to see her interviewed on a more public platform (eg Hibs TV) about plans for the season and the direction the club is taking since the takeover.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1173 View Post
    I was there last night. Very impressed with both Jim and LD. She mentioned that Aberdeen and our neighbours are having money shovelled into them by donors. Also that to sign McNulty and Omeonga would have cost the Club about £5m over a 3 year period and if we did have that money to spend on players, we wouldn’t be spending it on just those 2.

I left feeling positive about continuing my HSL donations, but I think there will be a tougher crowd at next weeks HSA meeting.
    You can’t disagree with her thinking on spending that amount on 2 players

Left by mutual consent!

Presumably why the sheep are able to push the boat out more than us for guys like Ojo, while I'm guessing that this is where the cash comes for the yams to be able to shell out on a four-year deal for the (injured again) Naismith? Is it still the same donors who insist on a 'relaxed dress code' in the PBS directors 'box' (ie the section of seats in the one-tier, unfinished £18m stand where the directors happen to sit?)

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...tion-1-4845978

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar

The HSL membership will be asked how they want their contributions to be managed, the obvious options are,

1. Shares
    2. Playing budget
    3. Infrastructure

I don’t think the directors could have been any more transparent stating it’s our organisation and the members will decide the future.

HSL membership continues to grow and fans continue to donate shares.
    I couldn't make last nights meeting.

Was there any open descussuon on the above and what were the general thoughts of the people who did attend on the way forward for HSL
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I couldn't make last nights meeting.

Was there any open descussuon on the above and what were the general thoughts of the people who did attend on the way forward for HSL
    General thoughts were that those donating to Hibernian Supporters would like to be able to decide where their donations go, via a number of strands as indicated above.

For example:
    - Towards a share fund which would be in place if/when shares become available for purchase from the 17% of other shareholders or if there is another share issue in the future
    - Towards the playing budget
    - Towards infrastructure projects

Those were the three discussed last night and there will be an opportunity for anyone who couldn’t make it last night to give their views at next week’s meeting at the Hibs Club or to send your thoughts in by email to Jim and the Hibernian Supporters board.

Any proposals will be put to a vote of all HS members before any decisions are made, as I understand it this would be done via the website.

A few people suggested they’re quite happy to donate their money and allow the Hibs board to decide where this is spent, so perhaps a fourth option of ‘General monthly donation to club’ would be worthwhile too.

General feeling was that HS is here to stay and that hopefully allowing fans to decide where their cash goes will bring more people on board who perhaps didn’t agree with the original fan ownership/share purchase proposals.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    General thoughts were that those donating to Hibernian Supporters would like to be able to decide where their donations go, via a number of strands as indicated above.

For example:
    - Towards a share fund which would be in place if/when shares become available for purchase from the 17% of other shareholders or if there is another share issue in the future
    - Towards the playing budget
    - Towards infrastructure projects

Those were the three discussed last night and there will be an opportunity for anyone who couldn’t make it last night to give their views at next week’s meeting at the Hibs Club or to send your thoughts in by email to Jim and the Hibernian Supporters board.

Any proposals will be put to a vote of all HS members before any decisions are made, as I understand it this would be done via the website.

A few people suggested they’re quite happy to donate their money and allow the Hibs board to decide where this is spent, so perhaps a fourth option of ‘General monthly donation to club’ would be worthwhile too.

General feeling was that HS is here to stay and that hopefully allowing fans to decide where their cash goes will bring more people on board who perhaps didn’t agree with the original fan ownership/share purchase proposals.
    I really don't care how Hibs spend my money once HSL hand it over but one thing I would object strongly about is if we were to start buying up shares from others and my money going to them. I donate to improve Hibs, not to hand my money over to others

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I really don't care how Hibs spend my money once HSL hand it over but one thing I would object strongly about is if we were to start buying up shares from others and my money going to them. I donate to improve Hibs, not to hand my money over to others
    I think that’s the idea behind giving the contributors the chance to decide where their money goes.

Some last night were happy to continue to donate to a share fund which would be in place to increase HS’s holding in the club as and when available. Others weren’t interested in the shares at all and just wanted to get a better team on the pitch every week.

Imo letting individuals decide where their money goes means that everyone can be content with what they are donating towards.

Any detail on how much money HSL are sitting on

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd love to see how LD estimated that MM and Omeonga would cost us 5m. It just seems a high figure for two players who were good for us but ultimately surplus to requirements at their clubs. I know from sparkies family that he was willing to take a big drop in wages but Reading were demanding high six figures. How much did the Belgium club pay for Steph?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Any detail on how much money HSL are sitting on
    Approx £50k. They are currently bringing in £20k per month.

Approx £50k. They are currently bringing in £20k per month.
    Thanks, and I presume they will sit on it until a decision is made?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    I'd love to see how LD estimated that MM and Omeonga would cost us 5m. It just seems a high figure for two players who were good for us but ultimately surplus to requirements at their clubs. I know from sparkies family that he was willing to take a big drop in wages but Reading were demanding high six figures. How much did the Belgium club pay for Steph?
    I very much doubt she would lie in that situation.
    Even if a big drop was to say £5k a week, that would be quarter a mil per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thanks, and I presume they will sit on it until a decision is made?
    Absolutely.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I very much doubt she would lie in that situation.
    Even if a big drop was to say £5k a week, that would be quarter a mil per year.
    Oh I don't know. Chief Execs talk utter mince in my experience when it suits them. I'm filing this in the mince drawer.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    HSL means different things to different people. I donate to help increase supporter shareholding, and that would be my personal preference for how my donations are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Oh I don't know. Chief Execs talk utter mince in my experience when it suits them. I'm filing this in the mince drawer.
    Not sure she could in her role as a board member of HSL when addressing HSL shareholders.

4.5m rounded up to 5m she could get away with, but probably not much else.

10k between them on wages = 1.6m
    £1m for the two of them transfer
    Signing on fees of 100k each say
    Massive increase in insurance premiums due to the at loss risk if injuries occur, (when compared wih the rest of the squad) let’s say another 300k a year.
    Agents fees, 10% of everything bar insurance 300k.

That gets me to 3.4m. Pension and NI conts on top of that, I can probably believe it tbh

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    HSL means different things to different people. I donate to help increase supporter shareholding, and that would be my personal preference for how my donations are used.
    Even if that meant that your money was going to, for example me, rather than going to Hibs?

Even if that meant that your money was going to, for example me, rather than going to Hibs?
    yes. It was always great that HSL was money in the club’s hands as well as buying shares. Now that things have changed my priority is protecting HFCs long term future rather than sticking a few quid in a transfer kitty or whatever. Best way of doing that is to get as many shares in the hands of a supporters voting block as possible, where it will be guaranteed the vote will be used in the event of any mischief from RG or others.

Could the club not issue more shares for HSL to purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    75% of the club would have to agree to a new share issue.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    That was suggested and Ron Gordon can be approached about this however he has stated that he does not wish to dilute his shareholding so it's unlikely that he'll agree to it.

Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    That was suggested and Ron Gordon can be approached about this however he has stated that he does not wish to dilute his shareholding so it's unlikely that he'll agree to it.
    Well he cant have it both ways, says he wants us to "Pony up", well this would be a way to get his wishes.