hibs.net Messageboard

Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2543

Thread: Sportsound

Testimonial Due

Sportsound - New name suggestions on Off The Ball

This is my tweet that was read out on Off The Ball last saturday when Tam and Stuart asked for suggestions for a new name for Sportsound.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is my tweet that was read out on Off The Ball last saturday when Tam and Stuart asked for suggestions for a new name for Sportsound.
    I heard that being read out on Saturday, well done.
    Definitely had to be said.

Tom English making a tit of himself again. His loathing and distain for Doncaster is obvious for all to hear. And yet another hearts person on...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Tom English making a tit of himself again. His loathing and distain for Doncaster is obvious for all to hear. And yet another hearts person on...
    It was cringe again. His personal hatred comes through in pathetic digs against Doncaster. I thought Cormack was excellent had a direct dig at Tom and Richard to start asking the Govt the questions.

Tom English really is the prick’s prick.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    It was cringe again. His personal hatred comes through in pathetic digs against Doncaster. I thought Cormack was excellent had a direct dig at Tom and Richard to start asking the Govt the questions.

Tom English really is the prick’s prick.
    Neither Doncaster nor Cormack in anyway acknowledged the leeway given to football which was poor.

Cormack is starting his season ticket run for next season and if he was more honest and made that his pitch I could probably warm to it.

Doncaster is an administrator that you don’t want during a crisis. He is one dimensional with his only line being about armageddons. Trying to pitch additional covid funding is crass and I would suggest that they have completely misread the SG approach if he thinks that saying that England is doing it better.

Cormack had to dig him out when he was challenged about the number of areas without fans in England and then had to backtrack when it was pointed out that his glowing report on Scottish football’s compliance is juxtaposed with the breaches that have occurred and enquiries that are ongoing.

My opinion is that they should be looking for a stadium by stadium approach at levels 0 & 1. Any further flexibility at level 2 should be given to wet pubs so that they can open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think Doncaster dealt with the early end to last season as well as he could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think Doncaster dealt with the early end to last season as well as he could have.
    He is a lawyer who is a competent administrator. Given a set of rules to follow he is in his element.

Give him a fluid situation that needs him to bring people together and build support and you find out that is not his skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    He is a lawyer who is a competent administrator. Given a set of rules to follow he is in his element.

Give him a fluid situation that needs him to bring people together and build support and you find out that is not his skill set.

To be honest I haven't followed his career in any great detail, but you said that "he's an administrator that you don't want in a crisis". I think we can say that what happened to last season was a crisis and he dealt with it very well, as confirmed by the courts of the land.

To be honest I haven't followed his career in any great detail, but you said that "he's an administrator that you don't want in a crisis". I think we can say that what happened to last season was a crisis and he dealt with it very well, as confirmed by the courts of the land.
    Fair comment. He correctly applied company law in a fraught situation. The pressure was high but he, like the rest of the SPFL hierarchy played a long quiet game and were right.

I stand by the one dimensional comment. A one trick admin pony, not an innovator, not a negotiator and not the right person to be CEO of the league.

10 years ago I had little knowledge of how a CEO influences an organisation. Then Rod hired a good one.

So I tuned in tonight to see if they were going to be previewing this weekend semis.
    Nah a ****in Jambo on talking pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    So I tuned in tonight to see if they were going to be previewing this weekend semis.
    Was he talking pish about Neil Lennon?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Neither Doncaster nor Cormack in anyway acknowledged the leeway given to football which was poor.

Cormack is starting his season ticket run for next season and if he was more honest and made that his pitch I could probably warm to it.

Doncaster is an administrator that you don’t want during a crisis. He is one dimensional with his only line being about armageddons. Trying to pitch additional covid funding is crass and I would suggest that they have completely misread the SG approach if he thinks that saying that England is doing it better.

Cormack had to dig him out when he was challenged about the number of areas without fans in England and then had to backtrack when it was pointed out that his glowing report on Scottish football’s compliance is juxtaposed with the breaches that have occurred and enquiries that are ongoing.

My opinion is that they should be looking for a stadium by stadium approach at levels 0 & 1. Any further flexibility at level 2 should be given to wet pubs so that they can open.

Cormack and Doncaster both been very quiet of late since they were giving it tight to the SG, pushing to allow fans back in....just as well the SG ignored them, both of them went on and on about "follow the science, follow the science, look at england,look at england" blah blah blah pair o roasters

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Cormack and Doncaster both been very quiet of late since they were giving it tight to the SG, pushing to allow fans back in....just as well the SG ignored them, both of them went on and on about "follow the science, follow the science, look at england,look at england" blah blah blah pair o roasters
    Having fans in months ago would have made zero difference to the numbers now.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post

who said anything about now

@hibs.net private member
    Source?

How can you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Superscoreboard on Clyde 1 had Gogic on talking about it. Broadcaster from the west doing a better job of covering the League Cup semis than the taxpayer funded national broadcaster and that's with Celtic and Rangers both out of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    who said anything about now
    The fact at that point the majority of society was opened up in tier 2. They were correct to campaign for their industry, the same as other industries campaigned for theirs.

How can you know that?
    A simple look down south, no outbreaks in how many games where thousands attended, not hundreds, and in a country where the virus was far more out of control.

A simple look down south, no outbreaks in how many games where thousands attended, not hundreds, and in a country where the virus was far more out of control.
    How can anyone possibly say that nobody transmitted or caught the virus travelling to/from or during matches, especially with the more virulent strain at large since September?

Maybe im a bit daft but I'm not getting this?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Difficult to know where to start with this, but.........

In your imaginary scenario;

Did any of them use public transport?

Did some car share to get to the match?

Did any of them get too close when queuing, entering / exiting the stadium?

Did some of them meet at a mates house for a bevvy?

Did any of them pop into shops for grub on the way to the match?

Because any one of those could have caused someone to transmit the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Maybe im a bit daft but I'm not getting this?
    Original argument inferring that we shouldn’t have pushed for fans in before the year due to the current predicament we find ourselves in now, even after it happening down south for months and with numbers far higher than we were asking for, and no outbreaks coming from that.

Original argument inferring that we shouldn’t have pushed for fans in before the year due to the current predicament we find ourselves in now, even after it happening down south for months and with numbers far higher than we were asking for, and no outbreaks coming from that.
    I'm lost for words. You were going bananas last week about Celtic, Dubai, Hibs players at risk and protocols, but opening grounds and amassing thousands of people doesn't bother you?

Barking!

I'm lost for words. You were going bananas last week about Celtic, Dubai, Hibs players at risk and protocols, but opening grounds and amassing thousands of people doesn't bother you?

Barking!
    There’s a massive difference between players travelling to a country during a full lockdown which had a very high level of transmission, with a player who tested positive, in an aeroplane and not having the likelihood of the virus spreading (which it did as per the newest tests), and fans attending an open air stadium while in tier 2. Barking indeed, for someone lost for words you seem to have plenty to say.

There’s a massive difference between players travelling to a country during a full lockdown which had a very high level of transmission, with a player who tested positive, in an aeroplane and not having the likelihood of the virus spreading (which it did as per the newest tests), and fans attending an open air stadium while in tier 2. Barking indeed, for someone lost for words you seem to have plenty to say.
    Astonishing!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    No way of knowing this

@hibs.net private member
    Not really. Every part of England has a significant instance of Covid-19. Are you suggesting that travel within that melting pot is less dangerous than travelling to Dubai. There is a very good reason that the principal message from government is “stay at home” whether that is domestically or involving international travel.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Not really. Every part of England has a significant instance of Covid-19. Are you suggesting that travel within that melting pot is less dangerous than travelling to Dubai. There is a very good reason that the principal message from government is “stay at home” whether that is domestically or involving international travel.
    That’s now, Cormack was banging the drum for fans in October and November when our prevalence was far lower and lots of areas were in tier 2, yet fans were locked out unless in tier 1. Don’t think anyone would argue for fans in stadia now, but the argument that our situation now somehow means the government were right not to allow fans in back then is rather backwards.

@hibs.net private member
    That’s now, Cormack was banging the drum for fans in October and November when our prevalence was far lower and lots of areas were in tier 2, yet fans were locked out unless in tier 1. Don’t think anyone would argue for fans in stadia now, but the argument that our situation now somehow means the government were right not to allow fans in back then is rather backwards.
    I get your point and it has some merit insomuch as it removes the benefit of hindsight for the average Jo on the street. However, the Scottish Government was clearly working to a bigger picture with the benefit of science and predicted consequences. It seems they got that more right than wrong.
    I think the real question was about how Cormack and others were banging on demanding fans be let in. The “banging on” bit always came over to me as they would not accept that the government were armed with the best available information and felt it was not wise.
    Always a cry for “show us the evidence” but perhaps there is a limit to what people need to know.