hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsound

Absolute embarrassment on sportsound. Theyve just apologised to that fat mess traynor. What a joke of a programme.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Apology to Traynor at start of the show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Switched off. Not listening to that crap if they are pandering to zombie Huns like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apology to Traynor at start of the show.
    Lickspittles, cant be seen to be upsetting Johnny Hun, would never do.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/Rikos67_/status/...393686528?s=19

If anyone needed a reminder about how much of an embarrassment jim traynor is

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Have not been a regular listener for years. Tuned in tonight and switched off a minute later.

Left by mutual consent!
    Emails into the show...deleted deleted deleted.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is Michael Stewart on tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I long for the day we get rid of the pair of them from Scottish football personally. Both clubs hold us back in so many ways. That 'statement' is less about abhorring racism (which everyone abhors) but more about going at The Rangers..........both clubs are shameful.
    This. 100%

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I’ve just turned off after that apology.

The huns van them and yet they still pander to those zombies.

Totally avoiding the topic. Surely the big story they should be discussing is the Sky Morelos interview translation and the subsequent Celtic statement. BBC lost their bottle. Looks like all their pundits are on a Twitter blackout, no tweets/retweets on any topics today that I can see (only checked a few of them though).

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    ... and then decide to let Derek ‘Dutch Colours’ Ferguson launch into Griffiths. Apparently because he thinks Griffiths tangled with his laddie earlier in the season he is guilty.

I absolutely accept that footballers add a perspective that few of us have but we are seeing some true colours when their beloved teams bottle has dropped.

James McFadden by contrast seems to be able to discuss it sensibily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Scottish media is terrified of Rangers. Stewart calls it as he sees it and then has someone apologise on his behalf for doing so. Pitiful.

Don't even get me started on Rangers lecturing others about bigotry and discrimination. It's a multi million pound industry for them and it's far from a minority who buy into it.

A despicable institution. The BBC and Rangers both.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    My ex father-in-law had 4 seats in the Waddell suite at Ibrox, directly in front of the press box and Traynor's old seat.

Every time I went Traynor had to constantly ask his fellow reporters what was going on. Who scored? Who got booked? Who made that tackle?, etc.

He was either half blind or not paying attention. Either way I could never understand how he kept his job as he appeared incapable of doing it properly.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They deflected from and ignored the issue all the way through the ebt scandal and are as guilty of a whitewash regarding it as the SFA are. No surprise then it is still cowering in fear of Traynor and his propaganda.

Football is still corrupt in this country and we have neither the iimpartial authorities or broadcasters to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    https://twitter.com/Rikos67_/status/...393686528?s=19

If anyone needed a reminder about how much of an embarrassment jim traynor is
    The last comment on the tweet is spot on.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Absolute embarrassment on sportsound. Theyve just apologised to that fat mess traynor. What a joke of a programme.
    Absolutely Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    CELTIC Football Club has today asked Sky Sports to conduct an investigation into an interview broadcast yesterday, which accused Celtic supporters of racist behaviour.

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.

Celtic FC has asked Sky Sports to clarify their position on this matter.

Celtic, a club open to all since its inception, abhors racism. Our consistent stance is that wherever racism exists it should be tackled head on. Celtic will always investigate any report of racist behaviour and take appropriate action. This is a standard which all clubs should meet.

Celtic needs no encouragement to pursue racism, particularly as players and management at the club have suffered abuse persistently over the years. The seriousness of such cases has been confirmed with the prosecution and criminal convictions of some of the perpetrators.

Celtic is proud of the wonderful reputation earned by its supporters over many years in many countries and at home. The club owes it to them to act in a responsible, dignified and professional manner and to treat racism with the seriousness it deserves.
    Unless you're an orange *******

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    #boycottsportsound Kenny McIntyre and sportsound has lost what little integrity they had after this.

What sort of society are we living in where this bullying behaviour is acceptable. Michael Stewart was entirely correct in his summation of Jim Traynor and today we see the proof. Traynor is a bigoted dinosaur who has one MO which is too bully and intimidate, lie and cheat. The man is a ****.

I'd stop paying my license fee if I didn't already cancel it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Captain....; 04-02-2020 at 06:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    What a lot of utter nonsense, I’ve been a listener for years of both the live show and the podcast. Low and behold, no podcast this morning and an utterly cringeworthy apology to Traynor.

We are truly through the looking glass now folks. Goodbye journalistic integrity, hello being beholden unto rangers at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Scottish media is terrified of Rangers. Stewart calls it as he sees it and then has someone apologise on his behalf for doing so. Pitiful.
    An added problem is most of the other clubs (our own included) are terrified of them too.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Sportsound

From yesterday

... and Sky seem to have taken the interview down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Eh? That's my address.

The Huns will be round shortly

Blog Entries
    Despite the laughable conflict between Rangers and the BBC, Rangers are, without doubt, in control of the BBC or at least, the BBC are in awe and terrified of Rangers. The toxicity of the vile club is sickening but let’s not forget that their ugly sister only trails them by a short head when it comes to bigotry, lies and scandal. Unfortunately, the SFA turn a blind eye to their shenanigans and probably regard it as the life blood of Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member
    I wasn’t a big fan of Stewart as a player. But he a great pundit.

Someone is going to be in deep doodoo over the Morelos translation.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Like other journalists living through these times, Stewart needed support. BBC have shat themselves. Shame on them.

The BBC is an absolute disgrace over this.

As a license fee payer, is there somewhere to officially complain?

This level of media manipulation is in nobody's interests and when a state broadcaster is in the pocket of a football club then it is a very sorry state of affairs.

Jim Traynor used to broadcast his views and opinions on radio Scotland. Even if you were to disagree with him, as long as he remained within boundaries of acceptability, he was absolutely entitled to air his views.

That he should deny that right to anyone else is disgraceful, if not remotely surprising.

BBC are a joke, Michael Stewart is wasted there.

@hibs.net private member
    Not seen the apology from BBC but has Stewart made any comments yet?