hibs.net Messageboard

Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2543

Thread: Sportsound

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Maybe it’s just nostalgia but how I remember Archie and Arthur and how enjoyable scotsport and sportscene were.
    They did have the luxury of reporting on better quality players in Scotland in those days. I used to like Bob Crampsey who managed to talk intelligently and interestingly about football - no hype required.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    They did have the luxury of reporting on better quality players in Scotland in those days. I used to like Bob Crampsey who managed to talk intelligently and interestingly about football - no hype required.
    I could’ve listened to Bob Crampsey talking about football all day. A very good writer too, a proper journalist if you will. A million miles removed from what passes for the profession today.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    He does.

He's a youth coach there.

Surprise surprise.

The constant trickle of pro-Hearts publicity is pretty tedious.
    Most clubs aren’t interested in the nonsense by hertz and Partick. The only ones bothered are those it affects. It fills the back pages but as you say how many times can you say the same thing over and over. Superscoreboard constantly says its time to move on. Most fans in Scotland says its time to move on but still we hear the tiresome bores from gorgie.Once the season kicks off the SPFL fans wont give a hoot about hertz.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I could’ve listened to Bob Crampsey talking about football all day. A very good writer too, a proper journalist if you will. A million miles removed from what passes for the profession today.
    Those were the days. David Francie, Bob Crampsey, even John Greig was good value and not too partizan either.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    God I genuinely genuinely miss the likes of Bob Crampsey. The man was a living academic passionate encyclopaedia of the beautiful game. Just saying his name is a reminder of how the world of Scottish football ‘journalism’ is now full of squealing ill informed attention seekers contriving fake debates.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Here we go again, you lost the referendum because of the BBC ! aye right. Try looking at Brian Taylor's unbiased reporting ! of his Queen Nicola, it would give you the Boke !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I disagree with this, i get the part about it being difficult to present an opposing view if people aren’t willing to come on, however in those circumstances you need the host to start asking questions to challenge the narrative, and force the likes of Tom English to consider/explain the opposing views.

Simple things like “what do you think was it about a fourteen team top flight that proved to be unpopular?” “How could the season have been finished?” etc, it’s basic stuff but gets the different perspective across, or at least discussed.
    Spot on. You have to wonder why he wouldn't ask such questions. He's been doing the job for many years, but over the last few months the programme has been all about the injustice (as portrayed by budge, and Partick) rather than dealving into the reasons the clubs took the decisions they did. All through this debacle, the paying listener has been more informed about the situation than some of the pundits.

The record got stuck in a groove for the last couple of months, let's hope it's sorted soon, and they can get back to telling us how well the old firm are doing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I disagree with this, i get the part about it being difficult to present an opposing view if people aren’t willing to come on, however in those circumstances you need the host to start asking questions to challenge the narrative, and force the likes of Tom English to consider/explain the opposing views.

Simple things like “what do you think was it about a fourteen team top flight that proved to be unpopular?” “How could the season have been finished?” etc, it’s basic stuff but gets the different perspective across, or at least discussed.
    Exactly what should have happened but didn't. If such a one sided panel on the show it is the hosts key role to provide that balance unfortunately Gordon is a bit of a lapdog also (karma we got relegated apparently).

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Those were the days. David Francie, Bob Crampsey, even John Greig was good value and not too partizan either.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    John Greig was a bit of a Jambo, although I'm guessing he's not any more.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Here we go again, you lost the referendum because of the BBC ! aye right. Try looking at Brian Taylor's unbiased reporting ! of his Queen Nicola, it would give you the Boke !
    Correct.

Once again, you are ,well ,you.

BBC have actually put up a positive Hibs related interview with Kevin Nisbet. Shame it's only 40 seconds long as looks to be a cracking interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53392864

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    God I genuinely genuinely miss the likes of Bob Crampsey. The man was a living academic passionate encyclopaedia of the beautiful game. Just saying his name is a reminder of how the world of Scottish football ‘journalism’ is now full of squealing ill informed attention seekers contriving fake debates.
    Mrs Pope and myself were oot in the car on Saturday and I chanced upon Off The Ball and the ill- informed (their words) pair were spraffing comically about Hibs recent signings and restructuring. Both, when challenged, loudly proclaimed that they were only reporting what they ‘read in the papers’ and Hibbies (amongst others) were a wee bit too defensive of their club. Puppets the two of them. Cowan has an excuse as he is a tool but Cosgrove calls himself a journalist. I switched off.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    BBC have actually put up a positive Hibs related interview with Kevin Nisbet. Shame it's only 40 seconds long as looks to be a cracking interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53392864
    Cracking quotes. Certainly can't question attitude there anyway.

Mrs Pope and myself were oot in the car on Saturday and I chanced upon Off The Ball and the ill- informed (their words) pair were spraffing comically about Hibs recent signings and restructuring. Both, when challenged, loudly proclaimed that they were only reporting what they ‘read in the papers’ and Hibbies (amongst others) were a wee bit too defensive of their club. Puppets the two of them. Cowan has an excuse as he is a tool but Cosgrove calls himself a journalist. I switched off.
    There was a strong aroma of sour grapes from Cosgrove. He said that St Johnstone tried to keep Drey Wright and offered him an enhanced contract but he chose to move to Hibs. The fantasy 70 redundancies allowed him to question what he termed the morality of the situation. I suppose I’d feel bitter in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    There was a strong aroma of sour grapes from Cosgrove. He said that St Johnstone tried to keep Drey Wright and offered him an enhanced contract but he chose to move to Hibs. The fantasy 70 redundancies allowed him to question what he termed the morality of the situation. I suppose I’d feel bitter in his situation.
    Pretty sure that Drey Wright turned down St Johnstones "ENHANCED CONTRACT' as it involved an 80% cut from his existing terms.

Cosgrove talking rubbish!
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

I really like Cosgrove. Always spoken very highly of Hibs. Suppose it's a bit of sour grapes but I'll let him off.

I can't listen to Off The Ball for long! I keep thinking: "Has it come to this?" If I want to hear a bunch of bears bantering in a pub, I'll go to the pub. The annoying thing is Cosgrove dumbs himself down, or "doon" as he would put it, for the show.

But the days of Crampsey, Montford etc came before alternative comedy, intrusive tabloid journalism and the general trend of iconoclasm.
    By all accounts, Baxter and Law's behaviour off the park would have been emblazoned on our front pages today. Perhaps they got an easy time because they were genius players, unlike the B-listers we have to watch now.

Today’s sportsound podcast was excellent. Lachlan Cameron and Donald Findlay popped Tom English right in his place. English continued to defend his views which is fair but for the first time sportsound had guests not aboard the partick and hearts bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Today’s sportsound podcast was excellent. Lachlan Cameron and Donald Findlay popped Tom English right in his place. English continued to defend his views which is fair but for the first time sportsound had guests not aboard the partick and hearts bandwagon.
    Again

Findlay ripped English apart the last time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I give you Laura Kuenssberg
    Everyone thinks Laura Kuenssberg is on the other side to them.

I’m convinced she’s a rabid, horrifically biased Tory, but then I heard a truly horrific Tory moaning about her lack of impartiality against them the other day.

A proper debate for once, about time!

This is really beginning to pee me off. That is utter lazinesss from Cosgrove. He of all people should read the story and not the headline. If you read the actual story of hibs signings all three are on wage deferrals and Nisbet has explained he is getting less than he would have got in January. I’m fed up of negative stories about our club which have no basis in fact but are part of an anti hibs narrative. Apparently hertz were interested in wright and Nisbet but no mention of their pay cuts. It’s total hypocrisy and so frustrating that papers can’t be trusted to tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I’m convinced she’s a rabid, horrifically biased Tory, but then I heard a truly horrific Tory moaning about her lack of impartiality against them the other day.
    For those who don’t know her dad is a huge Tory and has raised millions for them. Make up your own mind about her but I think that gives you a clue. I actually like her but her bias comes out every now and then. Beth rigby the best as far as I can see.Seems even handed and doesn’t sugar coat things. Imho of course.

I’ll give it a listen. I hope it’s as fair as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This is really beginning to pee me off. That is utter lazinesss from Cosgrove. He of all people should read the story and not the headline. If you read the actual story of hibs signings all three are on wage deferrals and Nisbet has explained he is getting less than he would have got in January. I’m fed up of negative stories about our club which have no basis in fact but are part of an anti hibs narrative. Apparently hertz were interested in wright and Nisbet but no mention of their pay cuts. It’s total hypocrisy and so frustrating that papers can’t be trusted to tell the whole story.

For some reason Hibs are the target across (some of?) the media, where our actions are constantly criticised and called out, whilst other clubs doing the same or more are ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Again

Findlay ripped English apart the last time as well.
    Shame the podcasts disappear after so many days, that was a classic. Will check today's out later before I go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

For some reason Hibs are the target across (some of?) the media, where our actions are constantly criticised and called out, whilst other clubs doing the same or more are ignored
    Rod Petrie and Tom Farmer wouldn’t give the media the time of day or feed them stories.In return journalists never miss a chance to have a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

She's a Tory BBC mouthpiece who was caught out recently saying negative things about Sturgeon where she had to back track and apologise, she led a one woman BBC campaign against Independence, shockingly biased.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    She's a Tory BBC mouthpiece who was caught out recently saying negative things about Sturgeon where she had to back track and apologise, she led a one woman BBC campaign against Independence, shockingly biased.
    It was of course Sarah Smith who did what you say but never mind.She wasn’t in her present job in 2014 but never mind again.Who cares about facts.