hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsound

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ongoing dispute between Rangers and the BBC is mutual. Ever since BBC journalist Chris McLaughlin was told he was not permitted to enter Ibrox, the BBC responded by refusing to send any reporters to Ibrox or broadcast from the stadium. The row has been going for about three years, so I don’t think Rangers, or anyone within Ibrox holds any influence as to who can or cannot be guests on Sportsound.
    Perhaps not directly influence the choice of guests but it is reasonable to assume that the BBC would like to have a ‘normal’ relationship with Rangers and that Rangers are keeping the dispute with the BBC going for their own reasons. From the BBC’s pov Michael Stewart speaking out was not going to help the relationship with Rangers.

I think we all know MS was pretty much correct in what he said so I think which of us is right will be revealed over the next few weeks by whether MS continues to get the Sportsound gig.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Did he call things the right way when he organised a concert party to go to Rod Petrie's house in 2007?

I like him as a pundit, but it will be interesting to hear what people think of him should he turn his focus on Hibs at some point in the future.

Pundits are like referees, if they are upsetting everyone they must be doing something right.
    He didn’t orchestrate that, as per his interview on Monday Night Fitba’ he did a few years ago.

https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/sta...956468738?s=19

The daily record talking about false accusations is quite something when they have employed Jim Traynor previously and continue to employ that cretin Keith Jackson. How many huns were battered and spat on again?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    He didn’t orchestrate that, as per his interview on Monday Night Fitba’ he did a few years ago.
    Yip goes through it all again in his Open Goal interview with Si Ferry on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

The daily record talking about false accusations is quite something when they have employed Jim Traynor previously and continue to employ that cretin Keith Jackson. How many huns were battered and spat on again?
    The Record:

Last week we told our readers police were investigating claims by Morelos that the striker had found a man trying to access the underside of his car. This was confirmed by police.

There was no mention of brakes being tampered with – either in our initial online story or in our print version that was published the following day.
    Also the Record:

It doesn't actually have the word "brakes" but ffs!

What Rangers FC could do with a young, modern, creative PR guru instead of an old blowhard 40 years in the business harbouring deep-seated grudges against sections of the media. A disaster.
    https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/sta...42396958400519

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

Typical spoon burner. They were all attacked. Lee Wallace hasn't been seen since as he's still in hospital. Kenny Miller's wife lied about players not being attacked. In fact even she got attacked on the pitch by a soup taker and was too scared to speak up. Kenny went into the Fenian dressing room to congratulate the HIVS players and ended up getting brutaly attacked by every single player apart from Cummings who was still on the pitch assassinating brave bears GSTQ. NO SURRENDER FTP

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    The Record:

Also the Record:

It doesn't actually have the word "brakes" but ffs!
    https://twitter.com/4La_Volpe/status...471670273?s=09

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The ongoing dispute between Rangers and the BBC is mutual. Ever since BBC journalist Chris McLaughlin was told he was not permitted to enter Ibrox, the BBC responded by refusing to send any reporters to Ibrox or broadcast from the stadium. The row has been going for about three years, so I don’t think Rangers, or anyone within Ibrox holds any influence as to who can or cannot be guests on Sportsound.
    Fair enough, but why was everyone flying into a panic if they're not bothered about the Hun?

@hibs.net private member
    Podcast still not available. I usually listen to the Monday night episode- it’s usually the best one with a pane of English, Stewart or Broadfoot with McIntyre deliberately twisting their words and picking arguments.

Funny this weeks one is delayed though...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Podcast still not available. I usually listen to the Monday night episode- it’s usually the best one with a pane of English, Stewart or Broadfoot with McIntyre deliberately twisting their words and picking arguments.

I was hoping to listen to it this morning as well,they must have had their knuckles wrapped for it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Typical spoon burner. They were all attacked GSTQ. NO SURRENDER FTP
    always makes me chuckle since 2016 when Gers fans come out with this.

if it happens on social media I like to reply to them with a picture of Darren McGregor holding up the Scottish Cup on Leith Links, and a wee message that just says "it's no a spoon mate, it's a Cup"

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Michael Stewart the BBCs attempt at a shock jock. A poor mans Chris Sutton.
    He's nothing like Sutton.

Sutton often just says things to wind people up and get a reaction. Whilst you may not agree with Stewart's opinion, I always feel he's giving an honest opinion.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I was hoping to listen to it this morning as well,they must have had their knuckles wrapped for it.
    Check out my post #113 Matty

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Calls things as he sees them which is how it should be.

Well said Flash,fully agree.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Check out my post #113 Matty
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    At least one muppet on FF has said that it’s maybe time Stewart got a wee knock on his door and I don’t think he was referring to the Jehovah Witnesses.
    MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot around the city, and if he's not publically challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot and if he's not publically challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.
    Traynor will have done his job successfully then?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    A couple of bits there that are touching on defamation. The central allegation is that Traynor creates controversy, so that he can be paid to tidy it up.

Good luck proving that one.
    It would be interesting if Traynor sued though.

Could open a right can of worms about how he goes about his business as we know all too well.

I don’t think he will somehow.

Traynor will have done his job successfully then?
    And proving Stewart's point for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    always makes me chuckle since 2016 when Gers fans come out with this.

if it happens on social media I like to reply to them with a picture of Darren McGregor holding up the Scottish Cup on Leith Links, and a wee message that just says "it's no a spoon mate, it's a Cup"
    Haha. It does the same to me. Glaswegians calling Edinburgh folk spoon burners is very hypocritical

Same for me. It's by far the best one as you get some insightful, objective opinions. Also agree about Kenny McIntyre, he's like a **** stirring, pound shop Scottish football version of Piers Morgan. When Jonathan Sutherland or others fill in it's far better

MS regularly breakfasts in a edinburgh coffee shop I go to sometimes, he's fairly easy to spot around the city, and if he's not publically challenged by a Son of William I'll be surprised.
    I saw him outside sainsbury's at shandwick place today.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Buying merlot?

Buying merlot?
    No, I was buying Pepsi max.

Oh him, nah he was just walking past.

Buying merlot?
    MS would be a Malbec man I think, knows what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Haha. It does the same to me. Glaswegians calling Edinburgh folk spoon burners is very hypocritical
    It's Hibs fans, not people from Edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Here's tomorrow's Record to save everyone the hassle
    Disgraced ex-footballing thug, Michael Stewart was today snared using a 5p TESCO carrier bag DESPITE being in Sainsbury's.
    The soccer scrooge was spotted by a Record source putting back a bruised banana even though it being grown by a poor Ecuadorian farmer with four children to feed. Proving beyond all doubt the capital city's Patagonian prejudices
    If that wasn't enough, the yes voting yob paid for his £8.00 shopping with a £20 NOTE despite the cashier asking if he had anything smaller and left the bemused worker to place his unwanted receipt into LANDFILL despite the ongoing climate crisis.
    Our astonished source, trembling as he wiped grease from his 56" waist slacks, scratched a bald scalp pebbled with dandruff as he relayed the supermarket scandal to our vigilant reporter, Jeith Kackshun.
    Mr Stewart was unavailable for comment due to what a well respected bystander described as drowning piglets.

Michael Stewart has been very critical of Hibs in the past and continues to say uncomfortable stuff about us from time to time. In my opinion, he is never far off the mark with his comments about us and they are genuine, honest opinions. Some folk are better than others at dealing with constructive criticism and opinion.

There will be Rangers fans who will apoplectic with rage at his comments. They are the usual, think skinned roasters who dole out death threats every time someone says something they don't like about their football team.

I'd be amazed though if there weren't a sizeable chunk, possibly even a majority who actually see where he's coming from on this one.

Its a brave but dangerous game Michael Stewart is playing regarding Sevco as its one thing reading the situation very correctly but completely another calling it out in such detail and making it personal.

Sevco dealt with Graham Speirs comprehensively and lobbied hard against Jim Spence possibly hastening his move to freelance status.

Tom English is on their radar though hasn't quite overstepped the mark yet.

You would expect the BBC to go into full retreat mode now and wheel out wee Doadsy (has he paid his taxes yet?) and Alex Rae at the weekend to try to restore some favour.

We will soon find out if the tabloids have something on Stewart as Sevco and their support base will be raking deep.

An opiniated and intelligent broadcaster who can articulate accurately the never ending "suuculent lamb" culture and manipulation between Sevco and media outlets at the very least needs to be taken down a peg or to.

The fact that Michael Stewart is demonsttably Scottish will just add to their ire and anger.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 04-02-2020 at 02:43 PM.