hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsound

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s not the first time Kenny McIntyre jumps to distance the programme or BBC from individual commentator views. Just a bit over enthusiastic in clarifying such at times. I quite like him as a host.

The podcast is usually in my iTunes app every morning, so definitely something afoot.
    Haven't listened to the show yet, but I've always found Kenny McIntyre to be a **** stirring poor excuse for a journalist. Really annoys me how he cuts into people's answers to goad them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Open Goal: On the road with Michael Stewart

On YouTube now

Loads of HIBS content

Worth a watch
    Also, his interview on Nutmeg. Talks through what happened with Collins but said his happiest time playing was at Hibs. Personally, I think a team built around him would have been class. He was a McGeouch.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Michael Stewart absolutely spot on. We all know who was behind the planted stories in the press about Morelos brakes being tampered with and why.

Jabba must be one of the poorest PR men in the business..he continually manages to bungle things to such an extent that he makes himself the story..pr folk are supposed to be inconspicuous. He is an odious individual who Scottish football and society would be much the better without.

I expect Stewart wont be getting many shifts on that show going forward..the bbc, despite rangers attempting to bully them by refusing media duties, kow tows to them at every opportunity.

In microcosm it's an example of how toxic Rangers are in scottish football and society.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    It's possible there is a technical problem, or that the person who usually puts it on is off.
    Technical problem? Nah ...... if he or she was off he or she managed to get in for the second part after the games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Technical problem? Nah ...... if he or she was off he or she managed to get in for the second part after the games.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Still messy to defend - although a right to reply would probably do it.
    Stewarts defence would be "fair comment" even if shown to be untrue and it would work because it is a fair comment against the background of the Traynor inspired ban on McLaughlin for reporing the truth. Do they really want the details to come out in court?
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 04-02-2020 at 10:37 AM.

First Team Regular
    Craig Paterson seems to have disappeared from Sportsound. He was not a RanTic psycophant. Craig was fair and unbiased in his reports and observations. Perhaps Sportsound pundits job descriptions state that there are two Scottish teams who must be regarded as the epitomy of decency and fairness. I haven’t a clue if Morelos receives racist abuse. Why have BBC Sportsound/Sportscene pundits et al neglected the issue of sectarianism which is blatantly obvious to and from which two clubs it radiates from.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Stewarts defence would be "fair comment" even if shown to be untrue and it would work because it is a fair comment against the background of the Traynor inspired ban on McLaughlin for reporing the truth. Do they really want the details to come out in court?
    I'm not sure calling someone a bully is fair comment if it's untrue. Anyway, I very much doubt Jim Traynor will be looking for a legal remedy. Look out for a nice positive Rangers PR piece on Sportsound very shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Craig Paterson seems to have disappeared from Sportsound. He was not a RanTic psycophant. Craig was fair and unbiased in his reports and observations. Perhaps Sportsound pundits job descriptions state that there are two Scottish teams who must be regarded as the epitomy of decency and fairness. I haven’t a clue if Morelos receives racist abuse. Why have BBC Sportsound/Sportscene pundits et al neglected the issue of sectarianism which is blatantly obvious to and from which two clubs it radiates from.
    Basically sevco are gaslighting. Because they have no defense for their various odious behaviours, they accuse others of it. So they call other people bigots and bullies, and accuse the BBC of anti rangers bias when any idiot knows the opposite is true. The BBC are wrong footed and wary of bullets in the post and all the rest of it, and then go too far the other way to protect Traynor and his disgusting organisation, and the result is they actually benefit.

It's all a bit Trump.

I'm not sure calling someone a bully is fair comment if it's untrue. Anyway, I very much doubt Jim Traynor will be looking for a legal remedy. Look out for a nice positive Rangers PR piece on Sportsound very shortly!
    In a legal sense "fair comment" is a well defined and usually very successful defence in liable cases which is wht Traynor wont bring the caee to court. This is civil law not criminal law and the balance of probablities rather the beyond reasonable doubt principles apply. Been there, done it and seen the other guy pay for the T shirt.

Read some of Alex Thomson's exposes on Traynor and I think you'll agree there is enough evidence that 'Traynor is a bully' is an indisputable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Michael Stewart the BBCs attempt at a shock jock. A poor mans Chris Sutton.

Nonsense

Stewart is spot on. Traynors lies only further the likelihood of trouble. Theres probably still huns that think all 11 of the team was assaulted at the cup final and that someone tried to kill alfredo. All it takes is 1 idiot to retaliate to stories he has invented

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Also, his interview on Nutmeg. Talks through what happened with Collins but said his happiest time playing was at Hibs. Personally, I think a team built around him would have been class. He was a McGeouch.
    He certainly played well in a few notable victories

I remember him as being decent but my abiding memory is of him being physically sick on the pitch at the time I thought it was because of Collins’
    strict training regime obviously not he was simply unwell and needed to be replaced

Fascinating interview especially the bits about Man Utd

Hates Potter

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Do you really think BBC Scotland want someone brave enough to tell the absolute truth about the most disgusting football club in Scotland? Half the people who work there will be Huns. Can you imagine any other broadcasting organisation giving the likes of Billy Dodds airtime?

Stewart is probably putting his own personal safety on the line here, but I feel that the cowards from the BBC will quietly show him the door - no doubt fueled by pressure from Sevco themselves.

for Michael Stewart.

Nonsense. Stewart ventures into territory Sutton wouldn’t go near.

@hibs.net private member
    Rubbish.

Sutton just opens his mouth for the sake of it. MS is always worth listening to. He's more genuine, honest & unbiased.

Testimonial Due
    Traynor exposed

https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/succulent-lamb-rack

Left by mutual consent!
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone picked up on tension between Jonathan Sutherland and Steven Thomson on Sportscene. There seems to be a constant undercurrent of niggle between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone picked up on tension between Jonathan Sutherland and Steven Thomson on Sportscene. There seems to be a constant undercurrent of niggle between them.
    Sexual tension?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Sexual tension?
    Hmmm, I wondered why Thommo always has his legs crossed.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Do you really think BBC Scotland want someone brave enough to tell the absolute truth about the most disgusting football club in Scotland? Half the people who work there will be Huns. Can you imagine any other broadcasting organisation giving the likes of Billy Dodds airtime?

Stewart is probably putting his own personal safety on the line here, but I feel that the cowards from the BBC will quietly show him the door - no doubt fueled by pressure from Sevco themselves.

for Michael Stewart.
    The ongoing dispute between Rangers and the BBC is mutual. Ever since BBC journalist Chris McLaughlin was told he was not permitted to enter Ibrox, the BBC responded by refusing to send any reporters to Ibrox or broadcast from the stadium. The row has been going for about three years, so I don’t think Rangers, or anyone within Ibrox holds any influence as to who can or cannot be guests on Sportsound.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Anywhere I can listen to it?
    This is the segment all the fuss is aboot

Apologies if already posted

https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM

Sorry Chris is the shock Jock who often comes across as a tadger of the highest order towing the Celtic fiends agenda. MS meanwhile talks well on a lot subjects.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post

for Michael Stewart.
    At least one muppet on FF has said that it’s maybe time Stewart got a wee knock on his door and I don’t think he was referring to the Jehovah Witnesses.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Everything MS has said is true, you could hear the panic in the voices of the other 2, was actually embarrassing listening to them

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jim Traynor’s brown shirts gear up for their masters bidding.....

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport...s-jim-traynor/

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This is the segment all the fuss is aboot

Apologies if already posted

https://youtu.be/KZEZXkr9OiM
    A couple of bits there that are touching on defamation. The central allegation is that Traynor creates controversy, so that he can be paid to tidy it up.

Good luck proving that one.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Michael Stewart laying into that fat hun prick Jim Traynor on sportsound calling him dangerous and a bully. Well in. Lying cretinous pig. About time he was called out publicly.
    Brilliant listening, listen to the arse snouting pigs in the studio panicking.

I bet the press release some muck on MS over the coming weeks, Traynor will order them to do it.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    At least one muppet on FF has said that it’s maybe time Stewart got a wee knock on his door and I don’t think he was referring to the Jehovah Witnesses.
    I guess that's a chance you take speaking your mind about the shenanigans around Scottish football.......pathetic eh ?
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly