Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I demand a statement.
    ... any particular language?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I demand a statement.

Big Jim the bully will be preparing one for after tonight's game on how the nasty spoon burners abused Florian "The Rat" Kamberi and turned the air blue with with poisonous abuse towards The Rangers striker for 90 minutes, everyone else listening in will hear Bobby Sands is deid and they they are up to there knees in fenian blood, this will be dismissed and we will be told that the good loyal Rangers fans were drowning out the nasty spoon burners and showing support to the men in blue on and off the park.

No Surrender.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Haha, that would be some impressive undercover work.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Better call Saul ...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I wonder how many Journalists or players or even ex players will come out and support Stewart?
    Very few if any. Let's be honest we have folk on here defending Traynor. As an aside I wonder if it was him that told Steve G to defend Kamberi as he only spoke from his heart ��
    Last edited by Lago; 05-02-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Very few if any. Let's be honest we have folk on here defending Traynor. As an aside I wonder if it was him that told Steve G to defend Kamberi as he only spoke from his heart ��
    I don't think anyone on here is defending Traynor.

I think the hard unpalatable truth is that BBC Scotland

really had to apologise on the advice of their lawyers.

At first I thought Hibbyradge was merely playing devils advocate. But he's right.

Left by mutual consent!

I have not seen anybody defend Traynor. A few people have pointed out how the law of defamation works. That's not the same as saying Traynor has acted properly, or decently.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post

I think the hard unpalatable truth is that BBC Scotland

really had to apologise on the advice of their lawyers.

I think it's more likely the BBC simply lost its nerve against an organisation with more intimidatory muscle than they do.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    I think it's more likely the BBC simply lost its nerve against an organisation with more intimidatory muscle than they do.
    Agreed. But expect they have in house lawyer/s who crapped themselves.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Is last nights show being kept off the podcast/listen again platforms? Sportsound went to the top of my updated podcasts this morning, but didn’t appear to be any new content?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Is last nights show being kept off the podcast/listen again platforms? Sportsound went to the top of my updated podcasts this morning, but didn’t appear to be any new content?
    It made the Pyongyang Times sports podcast, along with the headline 'BBC in self censorship that would shame Stalinist Dictatorships'.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    I wonder how many Journalists or players or even ex players will come out and support Stewart?
    One or two I would suggest. The enmity between Speirs and Traynor goes back a long way to when Speirs was working for Scotland on Sunday. I remember in the sports diary section he was continually climbing into Traynor for his bad spelling, grammar and lack of comprehension. Traynor hated it and would try to respond in his DR column and Speirs would then slag that off. Was very funny.

Musy be 25-30 years ago at least.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It made the Pyongyang Times sports podcast, along with the headline 'BBC in self censorship that would shame Stalinist Dictatorships'.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    There is absolutely no way that when any The Rangers player is interviewed by any media outlet that their own media team aren't aware and have oversight of anything going to press. If it took place at Murray Park / Ibrox they'd have been present throughout it too, perhaps even given Sky a brief beforehand (or asked them what questions were being asked).
    Absolutely right they will have known how it was going to be presented especially the translated text.

Yes Monday's episode's not been made available as a podcast.

You can't damage someone's reputation when they've spent their entire career destroying it for themself. Traynor is a deeply disrespected person and he has earned that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    CELTIC Football Club has today asked Sky Sports to conduct an investigation into an interview broadcast yesterday, which accused Celtic supporters of racist behaviour.

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.

Celtic FC has asked Sky Sports to clarify their position on this matter.

Celtic, a club open to all since its inception, abhors racism. Our consistent stance is that wherever racism exists it should be tackled head on. Celtic will always investigate any report of racist behaviour and take appropriate action. This is a standard which all clubs should meet.

Celtic needs no encouragement to pursue racism, particularly as players and management at the club have suffered abuse persistently over the years. The seriousness of such cases has been confirmed with the prosecution and criminal convictions of some of the perpetrators.

Celtic is proud of the wonderful reputation earned by its supporters over many years in many countries and at home. The club owes it to them to act in a responsible, dignified and professional manner and to treat racism with the seriousness it deserves.
    Well, a friend of mine went to a friendly for Celtic v Leicester at Filbert St. He was with a bus load of Celtic 'best fans in the world', he's a great guy, and was angered and disappointed to witness his fellow fans rain torrents of a racial abuse and gestures at people of South Asian origin.

I don't believe that Celtic fans haven't given terrible racial abuse against Morelos in one shape or form.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

A spineless bottle job from the BBC. Just made a fool of themselves.

Giving in to yet more bullying by that hideous, sectarian institution.

Coaching Staff
    Correct, they have routinely failed to expose the 2 O F clubs, particularly rangers for their failings & I don't believe it will ever change, the whole BBC Scotland sport is like a close shop club, it's all you scratch my back & I'll scratch yours.

Left by mutual consent!
    It seems the Evening Times (as was) is tugging their forelock, as well.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/...-rangers-rant/

"Last week somebody leaked a story about tampering with brakes, completely unfounded and what does it do? I get messages saying I'm complicit in attempted murder along with other people. Utter garbage. And that is what I find extremely disappointing, because somebody [is] stoking fires for their own personal gain.”
    He went on to make accusations about Mr Traynor.
    Mr McIntyre immediately interrupted him saying: "No, he's not here to defend himself, Michael. That's not our view. He will feel he is representing the club."
    But Mr Stewart would not stop, and went on make further allegations.
    Significant that they won't repeat the accusations, probably because they were defamatory. Also, in defence of McIntyre, he tried to warn Michael that he was crossing the line, on the show.

All of this points to a policy of not accusing someone of being a crook, on air, without allowing them the right to reply.

Personally, I might think the man is a crook, a shyster, a greasy get, and an all round self obsessed arslikhar, but I would never say that's what he is.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post

Significant that they won't repeat the accusations, probably because they were defamatory. Also, in defence of McIntyre, he tried to warn Michael that he was crossing the line, on the show.

All of this points to a policy of not accusing someone of being a crook, on air, without allowing them the right to reply.

Personally, I might think the man is a crook, a shyster, a greasy get, and an all round self obsessed arslikhar, but I would never say that's what he is.

I take it the complaint is about Stewart saying he causes issues so he can resolve them (and get paid for it)?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I take it the complaint is about Stewart saying he causes issues so he can resolve them (and get paid for it)?
    That would be my guess.

Who is defending Traynor?

Burn the witch.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post

McIntyre isn't that bad.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Can anyone honestly imagine the BBC apologising for these comments, if it was not one of the bigots. This just shows how ingrained these ****bags are in the media and society as a whole.

Their claws are into everything to their advantage, and woe betide it if you cross them.

We need more folk like Stewart.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    McIntyre isn't that bad.
    Working with Michael must be like working with Alan Partridge.

Can anyone honestly imagine the BBC apologising for these comments, if it was not one of the bigots. This just shows how ingrained these ****bags are in the media and society as a whole.

Their claws are into everything to their advantage, and woe betide it if you cross them.

We need more folk like Stewart.
    Every chance, G.

They apologised to McPhee at Hearts when they really didn't need to. I posted the link above.

I like Stewart although I never used to.

His comments may well be right, but he doesn't speak for the BBC so an apology was a certainty.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    BBC are missing a trick. Sport sound Special. Traynors RightTo Reply. Traynor and Stewart in the studio Chewing the Considerable fat. There would be a very big audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Dear oh dear.
    I hope that is wrong and M S chose BT over radio we will find out tomorrow.