hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2447

Thread: Sportsound

  1. #2401
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s now, Cormack was banging the drum for fans in October and November when our prevalence was far lower and lots of areas were in tier 2, yet fans were locked out unless in tier 1. Don’t think anyone would argue for fans in stadia now, but the argument that our situation now somehow means the government were right not to allow fans in back then is rather backwards.
    It's not backward to assume that the situation would probably be worse now had the government permitted mass movement and gathering of people back then, especially when the "British" strain was first starting to spread.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2402
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not backward to assume that the situation would probably be worse now had the government permitted mass movement and gathering of people back then, especially when the "British" strain was first starting to spread.
    ‘Mass’ is pushing it a bit. There weren’t a lot of clubs that fell into tier 2, and there was pretty much freedom to move wherever at that point within tier 2 regions. There would also only have been a few hundred fans attending. With the pubs and restaurants, cinemas and cafes all open when in that tier, it wasn’t far fetched to say that sports stadia had a shout to be included.

    Also we’re in a full lockdown with numbers at their worst since the beginning, it doesn’t really get much worse.

  4. #2403
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ‘Mass’ is pushing it a bit. There weren’t a lot of clubs that fell into tier 2, and there was pretty much freedom to move wherever at that point within tier 2 regions. There would also only have been a few hundred fans attending. With the pubs and restaurants, cinemas and cafes all open when in that tier, it wasn’t far fetched to say that sports stadia had a shout to be included.

    Also we’re in a full lockdown with numbers at their worst since the beginning, it doesn’t really get much worse.
    You mentioned thousands down South resulting in zero cases. I don't believe that for a minute.

    And yes, things are bad just now, but it could have got a lot worse and sooner.

  5. #2404
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    8,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm lost for words. You were going bananas last week about Celtic, Dubai, Hibs players at risk and protocols, but opening grounds and amassing thousands of people doesn't bother you?

    Barking!
    I’m sure hibbysam is Cormack in disguise. He constantly bangs the getting fans back in drum.

  6. #2405
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m sure hibbysam is Cormack in disguise. He constantly bangs the getting fans back in drum.
    Must be plenty Dave Cormack’s out there then.

  7. #2406
    Coaching Staff mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    60
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Superscoreboard on Clyde 1 had Gogic on talking about it. Broadcaster from the west doing a better job of covering the League Cup semis than the taxpayer funded national broadcaster and that's with Celtic and Rangers both out of the competition.
    I’ve been saying for ages the biggest slap in the face for all non on old form fans is superscoreboard,which is there to service the west coast, gives a far better informed show and will cover other teams. What sportsound has become is just awful and sad and bar Michael Stewart just unlistenable.

  8. #2407
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been saying for ages the biggest slap in the face for all non on old form fans is superscoreboard,which is there to service the west coast, gives a far better informed show and will cover other teams. What sportsound has become is just awful and sad and bar Michael Stewart just unlistenable.
    I think i will give it a go. Its blatant trolling having a show basically dedicated to a Hearts player two days before a national semi final his teams not involved in. It should have been a show about our semi on Thursday and the St Mirrin V Livi one tonight.

  9. #2408
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s now, Cormack was banging the drum for fans in October and November when our prevalence was far lower and lots of areas were in tier 2, yet fans were locked out unless in tier 1. Don’t think anyone would argue for fans in stadia now, but the argument that our situation now somehow means the government were right not to allow fans in back then is rather backwards.
    I was fortunate enough to live in an area which was in level 2. After 2 weeks it was placed into level 3 and the numbers kept rising approaching Christmas. They are now on the way back down, but this is a predominantly rural area. Imagine how much worse it could have been in a city.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  10. #2409
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not backward to assume that the situation would probably be worse now had the government permitted mass movement and gathering of people back then, especially when the "British" strain was first starting to spread.
    It would be carnage.

    Besides, what would be the point in allowing a few hundred fans in the door? It would cost the club money. Surely the majority wouldn't want to attend games if it meant actually costing the club?

  11. #2410
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think i will give it a go. Its blatant trolling having a show basically dedicated to a Hearts player two days before a national semi final his teams not involved in. It should have been a show about our semi on Thursday and the St Mirrin V Livi one tonight.
    What Hearts player did it cover? Used to listen to that show quite regularly either at the time or on the podcast. Simply cant remember when I last listened to it. The Hearts bias was a joke and must have sickened fans of other teams. Hope it was worth it Tom
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 22-01-2021 at 02:10 PM.

  12. #2411
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    38,460
    is it possible to get clyde 1 online

  13. #2412
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,480
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is it possible to get clyde 1 online
    If its Superscoreboard you are after.....
    https://planetradio.co.uk/podcasts/superscoreboard/
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  14. #2413
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    38,460
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If its Superscoreboard you are after.....
    https://planetradio.co.uk/podcasts/superscoreboard/
    that's the one, muchas gracias

  15. #2414
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What Hearts player did it cover? Used to listen to that show quite regularly either at the time or on the podcast. Simply cant remember when I last listened to it. The Hearts bias was a joke and must have sickened fans of other teams. Hope it was worth it Tom
    Naismith love in.

  16. #2415
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    32,405
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naismith love in.
    Genuinely why? Probably the most obnoxious player in the country but that will be him being a winner gets away with so much up here.

  17. #2416
    ooft I had a wee shot of that podcast from Thursday. At least on the podcast you can fast forward through the 70 mins of high pitch wedgie Celtic fans on the call in!😂

  18. #2417
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A simple look down south, no outbreaks in how many games where thousands attended, not hundreds, and in a country where the virus was far more out of control.
    You have absolutely no evidence to back up that ridiculous claim...straight out of the Trump play book

  19. #2418
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have absolutely no evidence to back up that ridiculous claim...straight out of the Trump play book
    By all accounts if you say it often enough it becomes true , regardless of the facts

  20. #2419
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have absolutely no evidence to back up that ridiculous claim...straight out of the Trump play book
    Hardly. If there had been any outbreaks then track and trace would’ve been all over it and it would’ve been front page news. There’s no evidence to back up a ridiculous claim that if we had limited fans in back in October and November then the astronomical numbers would’ve been worse now.

  21. #2420
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly. If there had been any outbreaks then track and trace would’ve been all over it and it would’ve been front page news. There’s no evidence to back up a ridiculous claim that if we had limited fans in back in October and November then the astronomical numbers would’ve been worse now.
    You said "Having fans in months ago would have made zero difference to the numbers now."

    There's only one person making ridiculous claims here.

  22. #2421
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said "Having fans in months ago would have made zero difference to the numbers now."

    There's only one person making ridiculous claims here.
    In your opinion.

  23. #2422
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In your opinion.
    Mine too. 😉
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  24. #2423
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly. If there had been any outbreaks then track and trace would’ve been all over it and it would’ve been front page news. There’s no evidence to back up a ridiculous claim that if we had limited fans in back in October and November then the astronomical numbers would’ve been worse now.
    To be fair no media outlet would have been all over it. The media and politicians have been unusually cautious about pointing the finger at any particular group. Instead there has been a general, catch all, reaction to outbreaks.

    What has been said though is that “anywhere that people gather together” risks spreading the virus.

  25. #2424
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair no media outlet would have been all over it. The media and politicians have been unusually cautious about pointing the finger at any particular group. Instead there has been a general, catch all, reaction to outbreaks.

    What has been said though is that “anywhere that people gather together” risks spreading the virus.
    And football stadia with set protocols and guidance with sufficient stewarding and organisation wouldn’t have people gathered together. Anywhere between a few hundred and 1000 in a 20,000 seater stadium would be sufficiently distanced.

  26. #2425
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And football stadia with set protocols and guidance with sufficient stewarding and organisation wouldn’t have people gathered together. Anywhere between a few hundred and 1000 in a 20,000 seater stadium would be sufficiently distanced.
    I like how you decide the protocols and guidance that work and those that don't.

  27. #2426
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like how you decide the protocols and guidance that work and those that don't.
    Clearly it has been political with the government taking a dislike to football. Some fans should have been in the grounds before Christmas...poor government managing the balance between the virus and the economy.

  28. #2427
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly it has been political with the government taking a dislike to football. Some fans should have been in the grounds before Christmas...poor government managing the balance between the virus and the economy.
    The same as governments throughout the world. Hindsight is great and criticism is easy.

  29. #2428
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly it has been political with the government taking a dislike to football. Some fans should have been in the grounds before Christmas...poor government managing the balance between the virus and the economy.
    Football...along with the vast majority of sport. Murrayfield had a trial game and lo and behold they haven’t had fans in since. This isn’t some government vendetta against football ffs.

  30. #2429
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like how you decide the protocols and guidance that work and those that don't.
    That’s how opinions work friend. Would be a boring as **** life if we all sat nicely in line and agreed with everything we were fed, whether that be in politics, football teams or any other walk of life, and you’d get shat on time and time again.

  31. #2430
    @hibs.net private member majorhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Meadowbank, Edinburgh, Rio.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,819
    Reckon I’m backing hibbysam on this one.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)