hibs.net Messageboard

Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsound

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Presuming he’s somewhere in the States
    Think so and going by his followers and responses itnis the Ayr Utd chairman

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Lachlan Cameron (no idea id this is the real Ayr Utd boy or not) tweeted this

Full disclosure, I've been added to the Championship Club WhatsApp group. The Zoom call at 2:00 AM Monday might be a little rough but here we go.

Why had he been left off? Face not fit?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Why had he been left off? Face not fit?
    He wasn’t part of the group trying to vote against ending the season so wasn’t part of the gang.

I was listening to sportsound on Saturday and I think it was English that said Hibs dropping down to seventh only loose a few thousand pounds, then mensioned £30-£40 thousand, not a lot of money they said, am I right and thinking it was a lot more than that?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    I was listening to sportsound on Saturday and I think it was English that said Hibs dropping down to seventh only loose a few thousand pounds, then mensioned £30-£40 thousand, not a lot of money they said, am I right and thinking it was a lot more than that?
    Yeah it was over 100k I think? Not like the Sportsound boys to get something wrong.

i was listening to sportsound on saturday and i think it was english that said hibs dropping down to seventh only loose a few thousand pounds, then mensioned £30-£40 thousand, not a lot of money they said, am i right and thinking it was a lot more than that?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    £130k total.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    £130k total.
    Yes thats what I thought at the time, I dont think he would have got it wrong if it was Hertz.

Don't worry, Budge's reconstruction proposal is bound to include each of the Premiership teams having to pay Hibs an equal share of the £130k. After all she's determined no team will be penalised.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Saturdays show was decent. Sunday -“ Former Celtic and Wales striker John Hartson picks the 11 best teammates from his illustrious career “. No thanks , can’t think of anything less interesting - instant delete on the podcast app.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i didn't listen to sportsound but stuart cosgrove mentioned hibs dropping a place, he thought it was "just" a few thousand £££, porobably didn't hear me shouting at the radio, eh naw it's £130k we've lost, which of course would probably cover the salaries of two first team players or four/five youth players

every little helps

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Saturdays show was decent. Sunday -“ Former Celtic and Wales striker John Hartson picks the 11 best teammates from his illustrious career “. No thanks , can’t think of anything less interesting - instant delete on the podcast app.
    To be fair I thought his input on the relegation issue was good and well balanced, Ross County chairman too was very fair. On the whole I thought it was a good first hour. The 11 best teammates one doesn't work so well when it's a player who has played at one or two English Premier league teams, particularly in the money era, as its full of players I don't want to hear about like young Lampard and Ferdinand for instance. There wasn't a Scottish player in the 11.
    The concept is OK but for it to work on a Scottish football programme then the balance of players need to have played here imo

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i didn't listen to sportsound but stuart cosgrove mentioned hibs dropping a place, he thought it was "just" a few thousand £££, porobably didn't hear me shouting at the radio, eh naw it's £130k we've lost, which of course would probably cover the salaries of two first team players or four/five youth players

every little helps
    They don't know the amount because we're not continually squealing about it or saying things like it has been stolen from us.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    As has been mentioned, the difference is >£130k

However, what I dont know is how much each club had been paid out during the course of the season- perhaps he meant the final balance was £40k???

I dont know, however Hibs voted for it and presumably can absorb the loss.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    As has been mentioned, the difference is >£130k

However, what I dont know is how much each club had been paid out during the course of the season- perhaps he meant the final balance was £40k???

I dont know, however Hibs voted for it and presumably can absorb the loss.
    Up until the final payment, everybody would have been paid the same, ie whatever the bottom team (whoever they are ) had been paid.

However you slice it, SJ's final payment would have been £130k more than ours.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Up until the final payment, everybody would have been paid the same, ie whatever the bottom team (whoever they are ) had been paid.

Thanks, I didnt know how it worked.

Maybe I can get a gig on Sportsound, sounds like I have the knowledge bit nailed.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Thanks, I didnt know how it worked.

Maybe I can get a gig on Sportsound, sounds like I have the knowledge bit nailed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Exactly & Cosgrove as a Saints fan would have known that.

In a way, it's Sevco that have cost us.

They had a free midweek in December when we played Celtc, so could have fitted in the St Johnstone game. Had it been played, a draw wouldn't have been enough for St Johnstone given our superior goal difference so they would have needed an unlikely win over Sevco to be ahead of us in the table when the season was declared finished.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Looking forward to today's podcast and hearing the positive spin TE and MS put on the Budge proposal. Expect them to ignore the boasting, the veiled threats re going to court, to gloss over how much it will cost the Premiership clubs - it'll be put as "for the good of the game they need to spread the broadcast money more evenly" but they're will be no mention of the approx. £1m cost just to bring up Hearts and Inverness.

You can guarantee they won't find the slightest potential flaw in the proposal. They won't mention the issues flagged up by Championship clubs and they'll be heavily critical of any clubs thinking of voting against it. They'll suggest they'll be bringing about the ruin of Scottish football.

Is there anything I've missed?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Looking forward to today's podcast and hearing the positive spin TE and MS put on the Budge proposal. Expect them to ignore the boasting, the veiled threats re going to court, to gloss over how much it will cost the Premiership clubs - it'll be put as "for the good of the game they need to spread the broadcast money more evenly" but they're will be no mention of the approx. £1m cost just to bring up Hearts and Inverness.

You can guarantee they won't find the slightest potential flaw in the proposal. They won't mention the issues flagged up by Championship clubs and they'll be heavily critical of any clubs thinking of voting against it. They'll suggest they'll be bringing about the ruin of Scottish football.

Is there anything I've missed?
    You forgot to mention how she’s such a brilliant forward looking business woman she had the foresight to build two sets of dressing rooms. No wonder Leeann Dempster phones her for advice. 😂
    Last edited by Kojock; 27-05-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Listened to this and it was just as suspected.
    They have realised Budge’s save hearts in trouble cant win.
    They’ve gone straight to the its armageddon time.
    Stenny chairman reckons football’ll be ok.

English actually facing reality. Actually said that it was pointless having these talks as we’ve no idea how many teams will be playing in September. Thompson realises it will fail and the chairman on says it’s a total no goer. The pathetic pleading on budges behalf was still there but It was almost pleading. Actually quite funny.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 27-05-2020 at 06:56 PM.

English going on about Budge has to go for legal action.
    Didnt say on what basis because i dont think he knows. Hearts dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    English going on about Budge has to go for legal action.
    Didnt say on what basis because i dont think he knows. Hearts dont know.
    That's him just joining in with the likes of Leslie Deans. He knows they're in the last chance saloon, reconstruction won't go through so all they've got left is the threat of legal action. Not the actual legal action itself, just the threat of it. They know they've got a very weak legal case so they have to go all-in whilst they're sitting with Jack High, hoping the other clubs fold.

That's him just joining in with the likes of Leslie Deans. He knows they're in the last chance saloon, reconstruction won't go through so all they've got left is the threat of legal action. Not the actual legal action itself, just the threat of it. They know they've got a very weak legal case so they have to go all-in whilst they're sitting with Jack High, hoping the other clubs fold.
    Well illustrated.
    About sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Listened to this and it was just as suspected.
    They have realised Budge’s save hearts in trouble cant win.
    They’ve gone straight to the its armageddon time.
    Stenny chairman reckons football’ll be ok.
    Well it will be Armageddon just like last time with Rangers. None of us will survive just like the time with Rangers.
    Oh hang on it was Rangers that didn’t survive. Everyone else was fine and enjoyed the absence of those self important *****
    Last edited by HNA8; 28-05-2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Do not try bypass the swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Well it will be Armageddon just like last time with Rangers. None of us will survive just like the time with Rangers.
    Oh hang on it was Rangers that didn’t survive. Everyone else was fine and enjoyed the absence of those self important *****
    Spot on, the most interesting and enjoyable 4 years of Scottish domestic football in the past 30 or so seasons, otherwise known as Armageddon!

Ann Budge on Sportsound later. No doubt a coached interview with Tom English / Michael Stewart. Supposedly 'tough' questions will have responses that they've already talked through with no scrutiny of the answers she gives. She'll just be allowed to put the propaganda out there uncontested.

Of course, being the balanced programme they are, they'll also have a guest on to put across the opposite viewpoint e.g. someone from Clyde, Peterhead (Jim McInally), Forfar or Cove Rangers.

Ann Budge on Sportsound later. No doubt a coached interview with Tom English / Michael Stewart. Supposedly 'tough' questions will have responses that they've already talked through with no scrutiny of the answers she gives. She'll just be allowed to put the propaganda out there uncontested.

Of course, being the balanced programme they are, they'll also have a guest on to put across the opposite viewpoint e.g. someone from Clyde, Peterhead (Jim McInally), Forfar or Cove Rangers.
    This programme was always going to be a big free advertisement for hearts to spout their guff.
    It’s like listening to the same rubbish over and over again.