hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lennon Out!

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member

Lennon Out!

Totally fed up with his random selections and continually blaming the team for defeat and ...

Hold on... wait ... Sorry? Oh right.

Left by mutual consent!
    He won't last the season 😂😂😂😂

Rangers will never have a better chance of winning their first title with Lennon in charge at Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by I_Blame_Latapy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally fed up with his random selections and continually blaming the team for defeat and ...

Hold on... wait ... Sorry? Oh right.
    I wonder who will become his scapegoat at Celtic. Possibly the new left back

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    I wonder who will become his scapegoat at Celtic. Possibly the new left back
    Who, according to rumours, wasn't signed by Lennon and the other players don't rate him....look out for Kamberiesque treatment of this guy by Lennon.

PETRIE!!!!! I miss the good old days.

Lennons problem is that he never takes any responsibility. It's always an individual or the teams fault. His team selection was baffling to say the least. To ship 4 goals at home after basically having the tie won is all on him.

if Garry Parker was there they wouldve won lol

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not many supporters happy with their teams at the moment Celtic, us, jambos, killie, dons....The Rangers the only top 6 side who are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Lennons problem is that he never takes any responsibility. It's always an individual or the teams fault. His team selection was baffling to say the least. To ship 4 goals at home after basically having the tie won is all on him.
    Last time a Lennon team shipped 4 goals at Celtic Park was us last October. We started with a back 3 of Lewis, a half fit Darren & Efe. Eerily familiar to last night where he left defenders costing £10m on the bench & played a midfielder at left back. He's on the slippery slope.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Last time a Lennon team shipped 4 goals at Celtic Park was us last October. We started with a back 3 of Lewis, a half fit Darren & Efe. Eerily familiar to last night where he left defenders costing £10m on the bench & played a midfielder at left back. He's on the slippery slope.
    He no longer has his trusted assisted who did most of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Yup. Actually feel sorry for the young lad McGregor playing at LB last night. Hung him out to dry.

Phil Mac doesn't miss Peter Lawwell in his blog....

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2019/0...e-in-paradise/

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Yup. Actually feel sorry for the young lad McGregor playing at LB last night. Hung him out to dry.
    He's 26

All the posts on here since Sunday harping back to the good old days under Lenny...here is a stark reminder to what we suffered from Oct to Jan last year...lenny lotto with team selections, baffling substitutions and a team that couldn't buy a win.
    Massive questions remain about Hecky I agree but it wasnt all rosy under Lennon for the last 6 months or so...last night serves as a good reminder of this.

As for Celtic...honestly dont think Sevco will have a better chance to win their 1st title than this season with Lennon at Celtic

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    All the posts on here since Sunday harping back to the good old days under Lenny...here is a stark reminder to what we suffered from Oct to Jan last year...lenny lotto with team selections, baffling substitutions and a team that couldn't buy a win.
    Massive questions remain about Hecky I agree but it wasnt all rosy under Lennon for the last 6 months or so...last night serves as a good reminder of this.

As for Celtic...honestly dont think Sevco will have a better chance to win their 1st title than this season with Lennon at Celtic

Agree about Sevco. I’d be stunned if Celtic win another treble this year and I reckon The Rangers will push them all the way in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree about Sevco. I’d be stunned if Celtic win another treble this year and I reckon The Rangers will push them all the way in the league.
    They look well equipped to mate imo...Celtic will be vulnerable to one-off results like last night under Lennon...especially if he loses the plot which is entirely possible. When hes good hes great as we know from his 2nd season with us...but when the going gets tough...He often loses the plot

As always (well mostly) you write a lot that makes sense.

I'm certainly not advocating a return to Neil Lennon, however he gave us IMO the most exciting and successful league team that I've been fortunate to watch in the last forty years. His teams were a match for the Old Firm and our neighbours across the city. I went to games extremely positive that we would win. I went to games (and left them) with a smile on my face.

However, it all went pear shaped around this time last year when bizarrely we didn't reinforce the team when it was clear to all that we were short of numbers, especially in midfield and up front. That said, you could say that the team we put out against Livingston on 1st September 2018 is arguably stronger than what we played against The Rangers.

I'm not advocating a return to Neil Lennon, but if you look at who we signed during his time, virtually all were players capped at international level (many full internationalist, some U21s). I can't be bothered listing all the players, but they all arrived with a proven experience at a reasonably good level of football. For example, the team against Livingston had Bogdan, Ambrose, Whittaker, Horgan, Maclaren, Agyepong, Hyndman and Slivka that were all signed by Lennon. He added to that team by bringing in Milligan, Omeonga, McNulty (wasn't an internationalist at the time, but is now), Nelom, Marvais and Bigirmama - I know all didn't do well at Hibs, but they were internationalists. Add to that Marciano, Kamberi, Swanson, Big Dave and Barker who he brought in prior to the Livingston game (some who were long gone prior to it).

The point is that he wasn't looking at the lower reaches of the English leagues for players.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 14-08-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

I'm certainly not advocating a return to Neil Lennon, however he gave us IMO the most exciting and successful league team that I've been fortunate to watch in the last forty years. His teams were a match for the Old Firm and our neighbours across the city. I went to games extremely positive that we would win. I went to games (and left them) with a smile on my face.

However, it all went pear shaped around this time last year when bizarrely we didn't reinforce the team when it was clear to all that we were short of numbers, especially in midfield and up front. That said, you could say that the team we put out against Livingston on 1st September 2018 is arguably stronger than what we played against The Rangers.

I'm not advocating a return to Neil Lennon, but if you look at who we signed during his time, virtually all were players capped at international level (many full internationalist, some U21s). I can't be bothered listing all the players, but they all arrived with a proven experience at a reasonably good level of football. For example, the team against Livingston had Bogdan, Ambrose, Whittaker, Horgan, Maclaren, Agyepong, Hyndman and Slivka that were all signed by Lennon. He added to that team by bringing in Milligan, Omeonga, McNulty (wasn't an internationalist at the time, but is now), Nelom, Marvais and Bigirmama - I know all didn't do well at Hibs, but they were internationalists. Add to that Marciano, Kamberi, Swanson, Big Dave and Barker who he brought in prior to the Livingston game (some who were long gone prior to it).

The point is that he wasn't looking at the lower reaches of the English leagues for players.
    Which period are you referring to: the turgid struggle to get promoted; the first half of our first season back in the SPL; or how he led us down the table in the second season back on to the fringes of a relegation battle?
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 14-08-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

So they were found by the recruitment team? So we have this right.....any pish players are the fault of the recruitment team, and the good ones are down to Lennon.

@hibs.net private member

Thumbs Up

This is exactly the point I was attempting to make.

Reminds us that none of this is easy. By all means feel uneasy but IMHO we need to give PH ten games with new squad before we can really start to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Blame_Latapy View Post
    This is exactly the point I was attempting to make.

Reminds us that none of this is easy. By all means feel uneasy but IMHO we need to give PH ten games with new squad before we can really start to judge.
    Bang on mate let's see where we are after 11 league games and played everyone once ...I too remain unconvinced about Hecky but let's give him some time and not knee jerk to one...albeit a shocker...of a result

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    But but winning mentality, won't stand for mediocrity and all the other pish posted about Lennon.

After a slow start to last season Rodgers had them unstoppable from the turn of the year Lennon came in and they looked a lot worse. When he was appointed permanently I said I thought the Huns would win the league, nothing has changed my mind on that one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bang on mate let's see where we are after 11 league games and played everyone once ...I too remain unconvinced about Hecky but let's give him some time and not knee jerk to one...albeit a shocker...of a result

Last year Lennon repeatedly said "judge the team after 20 games" If I remember correctly we were 8th after 20 games. I'd wager we'll be higher than that under Heckingbottom.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Had a 7 million pound centre back and a 3 million pound left back on the bench; Sinclair, one of their best players, wasn't even a sub; McGregor, one of their most creative midfielders, at left back.

That's how you concede four at home to a team you should be beating. Lots of Celtic fans calling for his sacking; most didn't want him re-appointed in the first place.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Agree with this 100%. Some fans have selective memories. I'll readily admit that I was never a fan of Lennon though.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I will wait for the comments from Sutton and Hartson.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I will wait for the comments from Sutton and Hartson.
    Sutton’s already tweeted it’s the boards fault for not investing. Same as he did when NL was with us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Sutton’s already tweeted it’s the boards fault for not investing. Same as he did when NL was with us.
    There's a surprise. Happy stick the boot in to all and sundry but when it's one of their pals, blame someone else 🙄🙄🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Did they no spend £7 million on some defender lol. If that's not backing him, what is