hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    360 shares were £198 so 55p each
    Think you are right...went halves with my dad..£99 net was a weeks wages for me at the time..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Did RP sell his shares to Ron aswell? I'm assuming he did

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    They were sold at 4p each. A minimum subscription of 5,000 shares is £200. My original certificate has Douglas Cromb’s signature on it but can’t remember how much they were ��

I bought 5,000 (ordinary) shares just three years ago for £200 so 4p each. As has been suggested I would like to hang onto the shares but sign over the voting rights to HSL if this is feasible . If not then I will probably follow the other route and hang onto say 50 shares and donate the rest to HSL. I will still have a certificate to pass on to my son and he would still be a (very small) shareholder.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I bought 5,000 (ordinary) shares just three years ago for £200 so 4p each. As has been suggested I would like to hang onto the shares but sign over the voting rights to HSL if this is feasible . If not then I will probably follow the other route and hang onto say 50 shares and donate the rest to HSL. I will still have a certificate to pass on to my son and he would still be a (very small) shareholder.
    Is there any reason why you couldn't / wouldn't vote your own shares? If not there is no benefit to transferring to HSL.

The issue really is whether or not individual shareholders would take the time to open the letter with the proxy card from the club, tick the box(es) on the form showing how you want to vote, stick the form in an envelope and send it back to the club. If it's a major issue of the nature folk appear to be worried about then I'm sure that it will be discussed on here (at length) and elsewhere and that shareholders will take that time to vote. If your form doesn't arrive then you can get a replacement from the club so still be able to vote. Voting will be no more time consuming than transferring shares to HSL.

Remember if you are a shareholder (i.e. not through HSL) then you can actually turn up at the meeting and participate but you can still vote without actually attending if that's your preference.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    360 shares were £198 so 55p each
    This is what I paid for mine at the original flotation many moons ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Most of them probably.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Is there any reason why you couldn't / wouldn't vote your own shares? If not there is no benefit to transferring to HSL.

The issue really is whether or not individual shareholders would take the time to open the letter with the proxy card from the club, tick the box(es) on the form showing how you want to vote, stick the form in an envelope and send it back to the club. If it's a major issue of the nature folk appear to be worried about then I'm sure that it will be discussed on here (at length) and elsewhere and that shareholders will take that time to vote. If your form doesn't arrive then you can get a replacement from the club so still be able to vote. Voting will be no more time consuming than transferring shares to HSL.

Remember if you are a shareholder (i.e. not through HSL) then you can actually turn up at the meeting and participate but you can still vote without actually attending if that's your preference.
    There could be loads of reasons why a person wouldn;t vote in something major or to block being sold down the river. a) Cann't be bothered, b) Forgoten you had shares, c) Didn't realise there was a vote.

One group with the aithority to vote and block something dodgy seems a good idea.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I'm not sure he had any shares directly. Did he not own 10% of STFs holding company that in turn owned shares in the club?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    I'm not sure he had any shares directly. Did he not own 10% of STFs holding company that in turn owned shares in the club?

Yes.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    There could be loads of reasons why a person wouldn;t vote in something major or to block being sold down the river. a) Cann't be bothered, b) Forgoten you had shares, c) Didn't realise there was a vote.

One group with the aithority to vote and block something dodgy seems a good idea.
    I agree there will be reasons why someone doesn't vote and can't be bothered is the one that will be most damaging. The problem with that is if someone can't be bothered voting when it really matters will they be bothered now to transfer shares when it's only a hypothetical problem some time in the future?

The thread is on here looking for donations so anyone who has read it will surely read a thread asking shareholders to vote on a matter that threatens the clubs future. I struggle to believe that having done so they wouldn't then vote. If you hold shares you will have received communication from the club every year and you will get the one we all dread receiving. So forgetting you have shares isn't likely but if you have you won't remember you have shares to transfer either.

Not knowing about the meeting (especially for members on this site) seems unlikely too. Of course if you moved house and didn't tell the club then that's an issue. So too is going on a 3 or 4 week holiday when the vote is open. As I said at the start there will be reasons why individuals done vote but the key to stopping any unwelcome resolution going through is really down to influencing the nominees and how they vote.