hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    #82 - The One With The Worst Ever Performance At Ibrox?

    Where do you even start with a performance like that?

    Rather than a play by play, we discuss


    • - what went wrong?
    • - who needs to take ownership of the performance?
    • - the online reaction to the game and the manager's tactics.


    Subscribe wherever you listen to the podcast.

    GGTTH

    @HFCTalk

    Apple- https://t.co/vPEC77E5vl?amp=1
    Spotify- https://t.co/xVbXT4pdFN?amp=1
    Website- https://t.co/ZZuPzGvyBy?amp=1

    YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI-kH0cNag0


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    38,720
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good listen

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,320
    Not sure its the worst ever. 7-0 in the 90s was bad. And that team had the likes of Wright, Jackson, Leighton in it.

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure its the worst ever. 7-0 in the 90s was bad. And that team had the likes of Wright, Jackson, Leighton in it.
    That rangers side was awesome though. The gulf was a lot more then.

  6. #5
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That rangers side was awesome though. The gulf was a lot more then.
    Aye but we were not down to 10 men and never scored to get back in the game. Plus 7 goal difference instead of 5. Nah, 7-0 worse for me man.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye but we were not down to 10 men and never scored to get back in the game. Plus 7 goal difference instead of 5. Nah, 7-0 worse for me man.
    Sunday performance wise could have seen us easily 5 down at half time.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    52
    Posts
    7,066
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsTalk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you even start with a performance like that?

    Rather than a play by play, we discuss


    • - what went wrong?
    • - who needs to take ownership of the performance?
    • - the online reaction to the game and the manager's tactics.


    Subscribe wherever you listen to the podcast.

    GGTTH

    @HFCTalk

    Apple- https://t.co/vPEC77E5vl?amp=1
    Spotify- https://t.co/xVbXT4pdFN?amp=1
    Website- https://t.co/ZZuPzGvyBy?amp=1

    YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI-kH0cNag0
    Nah 7-0 was worse. What's on next week?

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sunday performance wise could have seen us easily 5 down at half time.
    One way of looking at it. Another way is that we were getting back into the game before the sending off.

    Hey I know that its the end of the world for many, and people are sticking the boot into the club left right and centre right now. But your not convincing me that that on Sunday was worse than 7-0.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    5,997
    Note to self: must remember to charge my phone before podcast

  11. #10
    The 7-0 was worse.

    Firstly it was a similar day weather wise so there wasn't even a bit sun to lighten the mood. Secondly at least on Sunday there was a (very) short spell when we looked like we were in the game. The 7-0 game saw us pummeled for 90 minutes.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,331
    While the 7-0 was obviously a worse scoreline, the pummeling we took on Sunday was a worse hammering.

  13. #12
    Promising Youngster EastThomasSTboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Buckstone area of Edinburgh
    Posts
    62

    0-7 game far worse!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While the 7-0 was obviously a worse scoreline, the pummeling we took on Sunday was a worse hammering.

    Were u at the 0-7 game? I was, and it was the last time i ever went to Ibrox.
    WE had a far better Hibs team than we have now, had Jim leighton in goal and it was a Hammering!!
    Sunday, being down to 10 men, was mostly responsible for this result, that and the manager deciding to put another forward on.(leaving us even more exposed).
    Not a particularly bad performance in the grand old scheme of things (re games in Glasgow) 6-1, 6-2 and 6-3 readily come to mind, and that was my beloved "Tornadoes".
    "TANKING's Happen"!! its part and parcel of Football.

    Onward and upwards.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye but we were not down to 10 men and never scored to get back in the game. Plus 7 goal difference instead of 5. Nah, 7-0 worse for me man.
    And it was bloody freezing that day

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    5,997
    Stood in the Public Bar of the Libby Inn the day of the 0-7 in the days before WiFi mobiles and live stream TV

    The pub phone went seven times asking for Billyhibs each time with a laughing Hun phoning from a land line by 0-4 the Landlady was saying “ Sorry he’s left.”

  16. #15
    Quite a hard listen - pity that the guy you said was objective wasnít recorded as itíd have been good to have a bit more balance than sack the manager, play a 352, the new players are crap (2 games in), the players didnít try and we should get an apology.

    Pretty dismissive of the questions at the end as well I thought.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by EastThomasSTboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were u at the 0-7 game? I was, and it was the last time i ever went to Ibrox.
    WE had a far better Hibs team than we have now, had Jim leighton in goal and it was a Hammering!!
    Sunday, being down to 10 men, was mostly responsible for this result, that and the manager deciding to put another forward on.(leaving us even more exposed).
    Not a particularly bad performance in the grand old scheme of things (re games in Glasgow) 6-1, 6-2 and 6-3 readily come to mind, and that was my beloved "Tornadoes".
    "TANKING's Happen"!! its part and parcel of Football.

    Onward and upwards.
    Exactly, anyone pretending Sunday was worse than the 7-0 at Ibrox is at it. We had much better players on that horrible day than we do now, even if the Hun were a lot better too.

    The other games you mention, a good reminder that even some of the best Hibs teams ever have had a sound skelping in the weege. The 6-2 final was before Turnbull, the 6-1 and 6-3 were with Hibs team full of outstanding players. As you say, it happens. 6-3 was my first ever final. 2-1 at half time, capitulation in the second half.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,662
    Blog Entries
    1
    I was at both games and trust me this weekend was far worse. It could easily have been double figures and we looked absolutely useless in most departments.

    However if someone thinks the 7-0 was worse then fair play but for me Sunday by a long shot.

    GGTTH

  19. #18
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    7,114
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That rangers side was awesome though. The gulf was a lot more then.
    Hardly as Hibs won the other League match at Ibrox that season, 1-0.

    That was the match that Chris Jackson marked Paul Gascoigne out of the game.

  20. #19
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    carricknowe
    Posts
    168
    Yes Sunday was bad but let's wait till end of season as I'm sure a lot of teams will take a beating there and that sticks in my throat to say that though I still think we should have shut up shop after the sending off and avoided a hammering.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Sunday was bad but let's wait till end of season as I'm sure a lot of teams will take a beating there and that sticks in my throat to say that though I still think we should have shut up shop after the sending off and avoided a hammering.
    You can be sure other teams will have learned from our defeat and will approach their game in a very different way. Hibs down to 10 were far too open and paid the price. Also, since 2012 and being unable to compete with Celtic, Sevco have treated Hibs as their main enemy. They've taken some doings from us in the time and it's no surprise they put a lot into Sunday's game and kept going when teams tend to drop a level once the game is won.

    IMO Sunday was unusual circumstances where a lot of things came together for Sevco, just as it tends to when the Yams play Hibs.

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Sunday was bad but let's wait till end of season as I'm sure a lot of teams will take a beating there and that sticks in my throat to say that though I still think we should have shut up shop after the sending off and avoided a hammering.
    In hindsight you're right we should have done but 2-1 down and down to 10 men we were as good as beaten anyway and had nothing to lose. We were actually playing well before the red card. Sneak a draw somehow and we'd have been hailing him for being brave. Unfortunately for all of us it went the other way.

  23. #22
    Wasn't there on Sunday but was there for the 7-0 game and as others have pointed out, it was freezing cold, dark and miserable. Remember some of our fans doing the conga dance to try and keep warm though lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved