hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 222 of 222
  1. #211
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope so as that will determine our season and his future.

    Is he astute enough to coach his players into implementing a philosophy and tactics that thus far they have been unable to deliver on the park.

    Is he astute and flexible enough to change that philosophy and tactics if the players aren't able to implement them.

    I'm not convinced but I admire your optimism.
    In the short time he's been here I think he has.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately a fair few aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The same posters that had the blinkers on during Lennons disastrous run then blamed the club for him departing are the first ones to get the knives out at Heckingbottoms first defeat of the season.
    There are two types of supporters who aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The second kind loathed him from the get-go, were at best silent when he was doing well and couldn't wait to get stuck in when he was struggling. Some of them are still posting about him on threads that have nothing to do with him whenever they get the chance. Generally they are the last ones to get the knives out over Heckingbottom in relation to last season's pretty 5hit top 6 results, the signings and style of play so far this season and the utterly abject humiliation at Ibrox last weekend.

    The great thing about this thread is that it will still be valid in two days, two weeks, two months or two years when he leaves. I don't think PH is going to cut it but I don't think he should be leaving any time soon, he needs to be given time to prove he's a success or failure.

  4. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are two types of supporters who aren't over Neil Lennon yet. The second kind loathed him from the get-go, were at best silent when he was doing well and couldn't wait to get stuck in when he was struggling. Some of them are still posting about him on threads that have nothing to do with him whenever they get the chance. Generally they are the last ones to get the knives out over Heckingbottom in relation to last season's pretty 5hit top 6 results, the signings and style of play so far this season and the utterly abject humiliation at Ibrox last weekend.

    The great thing about this thread is that it will still be valid in two days, two weeks, two months or two years when he leaves. I don't think PH is going to cut it but I don't think he should be leaving any time soon, he needs to be given time to prove he's a success or failure.
    It's quite incredible how much Lennon divides opinion. Agree with everything you say there. Took a lot of people a long time to warm to him as Hibs manager and those people were the quickest to turn when things started to go horribly wrong. Then there's the other side who think he was brilliant for Hibs and stood by him during that long bleak 20 games or so. Can't ever recall a Hibs manager dividing more opinion. He still does and he's still a huge topic of conversation. One thing is for sure, it won't be as intense one way or the other with Heckingbottom in charge.

  5. #214
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,077
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is probably directed at me, amongst others!

    I'm over Lennon, couldn't care less what he does now, but he was my fav ever manager at Hibs. To have him replaced with the bland and boring PH certainly makes it tough.

    No blinkers though, Lennon's 'disastrous run' was still better than what we're getting now as far as I'm concerned.

    I just want a manager that cares. Go watch PH's post match interviews and tell me you think he cares as much as us about the result. No chance.
    Neil Lennon cares about Neil Lennon and maybe a wee bit about Celtic. He walked out of our door and straight into Celtic Park. Sure he enjoyed putting one over the huns and the Jambos, but that had more to do with Neil Lennon than any kind of love of Hibs.

  6. #215
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,557
    Gary dicker and Scott brown have both apologized after poor results, don't think it's too much of an ask for someone to apologize for that monumentally piss poor performance on sun tbh.

  7. #216
    Testimonial Due Davy Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Joppa
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,662
    I suppose PH can't defend it other than that he agrees with the supporters, we are ganton.

  8. #217
    @hibs.net private member VivaPalmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gary dicker and Scott brown have both apologized after poor results, don't think it's too much of an ask for someone to apologize for that monumentally piss poor performance on sun tbh.
    Maybe jumping to conclusions but you don’t have kids do you?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

  9. #218
    Testimonial Due pacoluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe jumping to conclusions but you don’t have kids do you?
    Nope.

  10. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gary dicker and Scott brown have both apologized after poor results, don't think it's too much of an ask for someone to apologize for that monumentally piss poor performance on sun tbh.
    Brown didnt really apologise though did he, he said he should be the one to take the slagging or abuse,not the manager.

  11. #220
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,422
    There was a semblance of an apology in today’s communication from Hibs. I can now sleep at night 👍

  12. #221
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a semblance of an apology in today’s communication from Hibs. I can now sleep at night 👍
    Will we all get sent an individual copy or just have to read the club's tweet?

  13. #222
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,967
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will we all get sent an individual copy or just have to read the club's tweet?

    Here you go:


    ‘There’s no doubting the collective disappointment over Sunday’s loss at Ibrox and the feeling that a sold-out away end deserved better.’

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved