hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d say this is by far the best rangers team we’ve ever played 😉 They were actually a good team today and not miles ahead of us
    Huns will win the league. I’m not actually that fussed if they do either. Ten in a row shows how **** this league is. Lennons meltdown will be fun too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    This thread is the boak . The Rangers spending money like the old Rangers did . Sevco 2 coming soon . We were brutal but at 1-2 , we had a 10 min spell before the red card . Putting on another striker for Allan was a crazy decision by PH .
    Had Slivka been the sub ,I don’t think we would have this thread .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    I thought that Rangers were the best visiting team I saw at ER last season.

Cant stand some of the players (nor any of the bigotry) but the way they swarmed forward, created overloads on both wings and carved open our defence was much more impressive than Celtic’s possession football IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    There are also quite a few times under Hecky where we have been excellent all over the park and comfortably won the game.

I agree about the midfield. Mallan is a huge problem and offers next to nothing other than a few decent free kicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    What games were these?
    In fairness to him it does happen quite often.

Rangers at home on March. - destroyed in the first half, tactical tweak before half time and we were on top of them in the second half, unlucky not to go on and win a game we weren't even second best in.

Arbroath a few weeks ago (I know, I know) I thought we looked like a solid unit and I could see what he was trying to do.

Heckingbottom's Hibs pre-split played some very good stuff and got good results.

And I agree about Mallan. The annoying thing is he can't be totally useless as he has the occasional stormer (Celtic at home pre-Christmas) but he's the constant in an ineffective unit.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    They're not really. That's what makes it more embarrassing. Celtic are still a far better team, so god knows what they'll do to us.
    Yes they are, really.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Blame_Latapy View Post
    I thought that Rangers were the best visiting team I saw at ER last season.

Cant stand some of the players (nor any of the bigotry) but the way they swarmed forward, created overloads on both wings and carved open our defence was much more impressive than Celtic’s possession football IMHO.
    Likewise. They play by far the most attractive brand of football in our league. So much pace and power and attacking intent. And this season they look even better than they did last year imo.

Not sure they’ll win the league but I think they’ll spank more teams than Celtic will over the season.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 12-08-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    They're not really. That's what makes it more embarrassing. Celtic are still a far better team, so god knows what they'll do to us.
    Celtic weren't far better last season with Rogers never mind now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    The Rangers have lost their two best players in Candelias and Kent

They had a hard game on Thursday where admittedly they played very well

I actually thought they did us a favour yesterday by resting Freddo and
    Arfield

The Rangers side that started looked beatable and a well organised disciplined HIBS side should have given them a good game but we surrendered the midfield through a lack of fight and tracking back allowing a 36 year old two tap ins and a header where for a small guy managed to out jump three six foot plus HIBS players

Fair play to The Rangers but we have to have a serious look at ourselves we made them look good

We cannot afford another performance like yesterday
    Candieas was nowhere near Rangers' best player. They got rid of him for a reason!

They've lost a good player in Kent but signed more than 1 good player to replace his quality. They'll give Celtic at least a fright this season and are more than capable of a challenge for the league.

They're clearly (at least) the second best side in the country. However, they were close to dropping 2 points at Killie in the first game of the season. Suddenly they look like world beaters against a Hibs side who don't seem capable of putting a tackle in until they get within 25 yards of our goal. Funny that.

There’s been talk about need for perspective. I agree. TRFC struggled to beat Killie last week. They are a good team, no doubt, but 6-1, going on 12-1 good? Nah. We gave them that. Obviously I hope we put it behind us so that by October we’ve forgotten about it, but to suggest yesterday’s shocker was down to how good TRFC are isn’t valid, imho.

Left by mutual consent!
    F+++ The Rangers

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Did you ever see Gazza Laudrup Albertz Etc
    Obviously not. It’s nowhere near the best Hun team we’ve encountered. Even the pre liquidation version were a better side. Idiotic comment by the OP.

Left by mutual consent!
    They caught us on a day we ****ed up monumentally in our approach so thats on us. I have no fear in playing them if we go about it in right manner, im not so impressed with them. But as i say ++++ The rangers

Blog Entries
    I hate Sevco. I hate Celtic. I’m indifferent to Gerrard. I don’t have a lot of time for Lennon and grudge him the glory that another successful year for Celtic will give him. I don’t really want to see Celtic chalk up another clean sweep, so, much as it pains me to say it, I hope Sevco win the league ( assuming we won’t feature ).

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I hate Sevco. I hate Celtic. I’m indifferent to Gerrard. I don’t have a lot of time for Lennon and grudge him the glory that another successful year for Celtic will give him. I don’t really want to see Celtic chalk up another clean sweep, so, much as it pains me to say it, I hope Sevco win the league ( assuming we won’t feature ).
    Reported
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They were good but I’ve just stolen myself to watch the highlights and **** me, no team should be conceding the goals Defoe scored. Abysmal defending for all three, especially the last. Doidges tracking back, the midfield literally nowhere and 2 of our best players in the air were beaten by a 5 foot nout striker.

Really dreadful stuff. I hope that puts an end to the Hanlon/Mcgregor partnership as they haven’t got the pace between them. Fine for cover is Daz but I would look to Jackson and Porteous to be taking over the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    ...Putting on another striker for Allan was a crazy decision by PH .
    Had Slivka been the sub ,I don’t think we would have this thread .

That was stupidity of the highest order.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Rangers a minute away from a draw at Kilmarnock, then they spank us 6 going on 10. Down to our manager and his team being clueless on the day.

Sevco are decent, but they didnt need to be anything other than ok to beat a team devoid of guile, tactic or energy.

It's a good job we managed to get game time into everyone's legs during our fantastic pre season.