hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A good few wind up merchants on this thread and many more since yesterday. All these allegations flying about and everybody has a mobile phone in their pocket.
    Strange how there is never any evidence from anybody making these allegations.
    I can't speak for others but what do I have to gain from lying about what I heard?

Rangers fans hung a banner over the stand about Lee Rigby, a handful of Hibs fans sang he '**** Lee Rigby, he won't be drumming anymore'. Some Rangers fans started leaving early, a handful of Hibs fans sang 'Union Bears, mind the stairs'. It would be a pretty sick thing to make up, almost as bad as actually singing it.

I can't stand the 'whataboutery' that exists in Scottish football. It's a key reason for nothing getting done about Sectarianism and other bigotry. 'Aye but the other lot are worse' is just a cop out. What we as a support and club can influence is our own fans behaviour and I have no time for anyone singing that crap. It's straight out the gutter and we should be dealing with it rather than pretending it didn't happen or excusing it because Rangers fans are worse.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Wasn't at the game yesterday but already know exactly who the chants would have been coming from, regularly seem to be at it on away days. Were singing about Fernando Ricksen outside the Wotherspoons in Livingston at the end of last season for some reason.

A good few wind up merchants on this thread and many more since yesterday. All these allegations flying about and everybody has a mobile phone in their pocket.
    I can assure you some fans sung about Lee Rigby and some other ditty about the UDA to the tune of The Fields of Athenry. I personally didn't hear the songs about David Murray or the Union Bears but if it's the same people who sung the other songs then I have no reason to doubt these songs were sung.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying and I am not in the business of making things up. This is a public forum which is open to anyone to view so I've no doubt that non Hibs fans have read these posts. Why would I want the club I love dragged through the mud for the sake of posting a few made up rumours?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I can assure you some fans sung about Lee Rigby and some other ditty about the UDA to the tune of The Fields of Athenry. I personally didn't hear the songs about David Murray or the Union Bears but if it's the same people who sung the other songs then I have no reason to doubt these songs were sung.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying and I am not in the business of making things up. This is a public forum which is open to anyone to view so I've no doubt that non Hibs fans have read these posts. Why would I want the club I love dragged through the mud for the sake of posting a few made up rumours?
    Also heard songs about the UDA.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

some of the young team are totally cringe worthy, In the row in front of me one lad about 18 basically stood and had interjections with rangers fans on the other side of the netting for the whole game, how the woman police officer standing right next to him managed to not punch him i'll never know he was so annoying. was sad watching our support crossing themselves, kissing st christophers/crosses , singing F the uda etc etc .

Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    some of the young team are totally cringe worthy, In the row in front of me one lad about 18 basically stood and had interjections with rangers fans on the other side of the netting for the whole game, how the woman police officer standing right next to him managed to not punch him i'll never know he was so annoying. was sad watching our support crossing themselves, kissing st christophers/crosses , singing F the uda etc etc .
    I was laughing at the guys blessing themselves. It's amazing how many seemingly devout Catholics appear in our support when we go to Ibrox. I was at 9.30 Mass on Sunday morning before the game yet didn't feel the need to bless myself at a football match a few hours later. I wonder how many of those doing so where also present at Mass at some point over the weekend.......

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    You were and didnt see the alleged headbutt incident so why the smart comment to the poster
    You’ll need to trust me on this. There was no headbutt. Plenty of inappropriate behaviour but no actual bodily harm perpetrated.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    Roasters

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Also heard songs about the UDA.
    The song about the UDA was a pretty decent attempt at song about cup final, but why they thought adding that would give to it !!!
    Never heard the stairs song, but Lee Rigby, Ricksen and David Murray songs were sung 😡

You’d need to have been blind not to see the fools giving it all the imagery. I did suggest to one of them he had to wise up on which shoulder he should touch first whilst making the sign of the cross but filming the **** on my phone? Nah.

There’s not too many allegations flying about on here either. 900 witnesses were there to most of this *****. Wind up merchandising seems to be something we are good at though.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    What a bunch of fannies
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Have to agree with that, and it applies to both sets of supports.

I actually have a feeling that the idiots in the Hibs support are part of some organised group. There's a large group of younger pretendy casuals, and a small group of older guys that join in with them. They sing songs about the Ibrox disaster, the queen, the 'Ra' and whatever else they think can possibly offend, cross themselves and wave tricolours in the direction of the home fans.

There was also some much older (maybe about 60 y/o), fat, gray-haired fan-dan in Row M wearing an Irish Rebel scarf and constantly shouting something like 'Go home British *********s'
    The older guys are the young guys very creepy groomers.
    The Gary Glitters of Easter Road if you will.
    There should a law against it

It'd be sad in the extreme if we have a group of fans determined to be a mirror image of the Jambo junior billy boys who embarrass the decent number in the Hearts support.

The 'Mrs Mercer' song that sprung up last season was bad enough; if they've added songs about Ricksen, Rigby etc they've reached new depths.

Are you saying I'm a liar?

How about this as an idea; you go to Ibrox next time and find out for yourself..... or at least listen to those of us that have actually been and are sickened by the behaviour of a group of so-called Hibs 'Supporters'.

Quote Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
    ... then he said an middle aged gentleman alone was singing about the 66 rangers fans not being enough that died he said he had a James connelly scarf on if that narrows it down.

I had the misfortune to be standing a few feet away from that pillock in the first half.

He needs a serious regime of counselling for his personal issues.

Why the ****** would hibs fans sing songs about Lee rigby? He was in the armed forces and murdered in the street. Absolutely disgusting. Get they wee fannies out our support. ****

Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Why the ****** would hibs fans sing songs about Lee rigby? He was in the armed forces and murdered in the street. Absolutely disgusting. Get they wee fannies out our support. ****

I actually think it's time for decent fans to have a campaign of some kind to get this stopped.

I made my feelings heard last time we went to Ibrox but was on my own and threatened with violence for my trouble.

If the decent parts of our support got together and made it clear that they're not wanted, that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    That will be the guy sacked then. He hardly ****in shot someone. If I was stewarding Easter Road against they ****s I would slyly get it up then too if we are winning. Too many precious souls, no danger this would have been an issue had we taken something today in fact the old geezer would have been mocked.
    Aye very good. In which case you'd be due the boot too. Stewards are there to do a job. I don't think winding up visiting fans will be written into their remit - unless strictly as something NOT to do.

I actually think it's time for decent fans to have a campaign of some kind to get this stopped.

I made my feelings heard last time we went to Ibrox but was on my own and threatened with violence for my trouble.

If the decent parts of our support got together and made it clear that they're not wanted, that would help.

It's unacceptable. I know hibs fans that have been in different parts the military and they would be very angry with the Lee rigby songs. 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Aye very good. In which case you'd be due the boot too. Stewards are there to do a job. I don't think winding up visiting fans will be written into their remit - unless strictly as something NOT to do.
    It’s probably one of the reasons I don’t work as a steward then isn’t it?

Stewards are there to do a job, many of a time they do it badly. This is only a major thing because of the result yesterday and the steward in question instead of being ripped if we won has got a reaction because of the drubbing.

It's unacceptable. I know hibs fans that have been in different parts the military and they would be very angry with the Lee rigby songs. 😡😡😡😡😡😡
    The songs are deplorable. Interested to know too what your acquaintances might make of the ICF Huns attaching themselves to his name for the the purposes of provocation. Not whataboutery. Just interested as I don’t think he was a Rangers fan and his name is getting thumped about and that’s tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The songs are deplorable. Interested to know too what your acquaintances might make of the ICF Huns attaching themselves to his name for the the purposes of provocation. Not whataboutery. Just interested as I don’t think he was a Rangers fan and his name is getting thumped about and that’s tragic.
    Who's it meant to provoke? Bottom line is He was a member of our armed forces who was murdered in the street by a brainwashed terrorist.

Who's it meant to provoke? Bottom line is He was a member of our armed forces who was murdered in the street by a brainwashed terrorist.
    I’ve no pictures but his name across a flag or two that the owners went out of their way to unfurl above the away fans, to yes,provoke a reaction serves what purpose? It’s ****ing pathetic.
    Why is the mans name relative to football, Rangers or the Inter City Firm I’m asking. Thousands of victims of terrorism out there, why are these nut jobs using his name as their imprint?
    And they got the reaction they wanted from the fellow morons below them. Bottom line.

I had the misfortune to be standing a few feet away from that pillock in the first half.

He needs a serious regime of counselling for his personal issues.
    An idea for you guys for the next game

https://www.canstockphoto.com/office...-64961169.html

Was clearly unfurled as an act of provocation - not that anyone really gave a **** tbh. After that they then had a para's flag with soldier F supporters or some pish written across it (Feel for Rigby's and his family - hope soldier F dies a lonely old man in jail FWIW)

I’ve no pictures but his name across a flag or two that the owners went out of their way to unfurl above the away fans, to yes,provoke a reaction serves what purpose? It’s ****ing pathetic.
    Why is the mans name relative to football, Rangers or the Inter City Firm I’m asking. Thousands of victims of terrorism out there, why are these nut jobs using his name as their imprint?
    And they got the reaction they wanted from the fellow morons below them. Bottom line.

I wasn't there but have seen the flag before. Dunno if it's linked with that tommy Robinson boy because jumped on it when it happened. Dunno why hibs fans would react to it. We all know what you get when you go thru there. 1 of the reasons I haven't been in a long time. Singing they types of songs makes us as bad as them

The bottom line is he was a kid from England who was murdered in the street because of his occupation.
    The bottom line is that the kids death will have destroyed his family and friends
    The bottom line is that idiots totally unconnected to the kid or his family have used this hellish event for their own childish ends with complete disregard for the agony of his family and friends. The bottom line is they are all childish morons who could not spell empathy never mind display it.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-08-2019 at 02:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    You’ll need to trust me on this. There was no headbutt. Plenty of inappropriate behaviour but no actual bodily harm perpetrated.
    I believe there wasnt, that wasnt the point I was making

I wasn't there but have seen the flag before. Dunno if it's linked with that tommy Robinson boy because jumped on it when it happened. Dunno why hibs fans would react to it. We all know what you get when you go thru there. 1 of the reasons I haven't been in a long time. Singing they types of songs makes us as bad as them

I said as much as that on this thread yesterday though. I’m wondering what the military types you spoke about might make of his name being used like it is, that’s why I asked. To me, it’s to be condemned, removed. The singing has already been condemned. Like I said, I’m not totting up. The whole situation yesterday was embarrassing, farcical, stupid. I hate the Huns and I must have been to Ibrox 50 or 70 times I’ve no idea, but yesterday I came away thinking the whole 90 minute event there has passed me by. Not sure I’ll be back there soon. And if any of these bams in our support sat near me at ER I would be getting something done. But I doubt they behave like that anywhere except Ibrox or Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The bottom line is he was a kid from England who was murdered in the street because of his occupation.
    The bottom line is that the kids death will have destroyed his family and friends
    The bottom line is that idiots totally unconnected to the kid or his family have used this hellish event for their own childish ends with complete disregard for the agony of this kids family and friends. The bottom line is they are all morons.
    Thank you sir.