hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on, its a bit pathetic eh.
    He is instigating violence at a football match, a place where people should feel safe when watching their team play football. With all the problems going on over the last year and the efforts to stop it, this guy really isn’t helping matters is he.

He’s getting paid to protect fans, not to cause a riot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    That will be the guy sacked then. He hardly ****in shot someone. If I was stewarding Easter Road against they ****s I would slyly get it up then too if we are winning. Too many precious souls, no danger this would have been an issue had we taken something today in fact the old geezer would have been mocked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He is instigating violence at a football match, a place where people should feel safe when watching their team play football. With all the problems going on over the last year and the efforts to stop it, this guy really isn’t helping matters is he.

He’s getting paid to protect fans, not to cause a riot.

Did he stand there with a megaphone signing the billy boys?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Did he stand there with a megaphone signing the billy boys?
    No, but if other posters are correct he was face to face with a spectator with a clenched fist. But if that’s okay, then so be it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    No, but if other posters are correct he was face to face with a spectator with a clenched fist. But if that’s okay, then so be it.
    If he did that aggressively then he deserves to be told off, definitely. What if the boy he allegedly went face to face with said something offensive to the guy and he’s retaliated? Massive mock outrage mainly due to him being a hun and they skelped us.

Not missed a game at Ibrox for a few years and today and witnessed some absolute I don’t know how to describe in our support. Not even watching the game. Iggy agree with u.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Having our own stewards at high profile games is an excellent suggestion Carheenlea. The OF do it and bus them in, why not Hibs. These Garrion ****ers don’t police the away Car Park At Ibrox, G4S do. Probably a good idea too as I wouldn’t fancy the chances of any of those yellow jacket plebs who were in front of me today if faced with a Car Park full of Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    That will be the guy sacked then. He hardly ****in shot someone. If I was stewarding Easter Road against they ****s I would slyly get it up then too if we are winning. Too many precious souls, no danger this would have been an issue had we taken something today in fact the old geezer would have been mocked.
    Spot on.

Left by mutual consent!
    If he did that aggressively then he deserves to be told off, definitely. What if the boy he allegedly went face to face with said something offensive to the guy and he’s retaliated? Massive mock outrage mainly due to him being a hun and they skelped us.
    If you go to a football game as a steward working in front of a support where you know there is fierce rivalry- celebrating goals and wearing a teams shirt flaunting it about then you are asking for trouble.

The guy is instigating violence. Fact.

Left by mutual consent!
    They're Scotland's KKK. The dregs of society. Lovers of all thing supremacist.

They died in 2012 but the cowardice of the authorities(including our own) allowed the tribute act to continue to be a meeting point for the bigots in society.

If they don't win something this year and the sports direct situation sees their finances spiral out of control(fingers crossed) then there will be mayhem even worse than we've seen before.

My 64 year old family member said he would struggle to attend another away game due to the younger generation of fans. He said to the left of the Hibs fans rangers had a Lee Rigby Banner and a miniorty sang about him in a disgusting manner. The next one was a song that sounded like the tune of fields of athenry with words about David gray which followed with “f*** the UDA in it” then he said an middle aged gentleman alone was singing about the 66 rangers fans not being enough that died he said he had a James connelly scarf on if that narrows it down.

Now I fully expect to take abuse for this even though I don’t feel I should. My family member has attended hibs games home and away for 50+ years and was deeply saddened to hear this today. According to him it was a minority and was the section where the drum was coming from.

(I posted this on what must have been the wrong thread and was told it was being discussed on this one already.)

Quote Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
    My 64 year old family member said he would struggle to attend another away game due to the younger generation of fans. He said to the left of the Hibs fans rangers had a Lee Rigby Banner and a miniorty sang about him in a disgusting manner. The next one was a song that sounded like the tune of fields of athenry with words about David gray which followed with “f*** the UDA in it” then he said an middle aged gentleman alone was singing about the 66 rangers fans not being enough that died he said he had a James connelly scarf on if that narrows it down.

Now I fully expect to take abuse for this even though I don’t feel I should. My family member has attended hibs games home and away for 50+ years and was deeply saddened to hear this today. According to him it was a minority and was the section where the drum was coming from.

(I posted this on what must have been the wrong thread and was told it was being discussed on this one already.)
    You shouldn't get any abuse for this at all. I heard bits of the UDA song (as you say, to the tune of The Fields of Athenry) from some of the young team as they got off their bus and I just shook my head. Later on inside the ground, I then heard what I feared was the song about Lee Rigby. It seems that I did hear correctly.

Make no mistake, these chants are every bit as repulsive as the chants/songs that we criticise the huns for singing.

I'm going to give away games like this a miss from now on if that's what it's going to be like. No need for it at all.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Aye, we kicked off 7 times.
    Lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    You shouldn't get any abuse for this at all. I heard bits of the UDA song (as you say, to the tune of The Fields of Athenry) from some of the young team as they got off their bus and I just shook my head. Later on inside the ground, I then heard what I feared was the song about Lee Rigby. It seems that I did hear correctly.

Make no mistake, these chants are every bit as repulsive as the chants/songs that we criticise the huns for singing.

I'm going to give away games like this a miss from now on if that's what it's going to be like. No need for it at all.
    Yes it’s a real shame if this is creeping into the song book. I go to maybe 4/5 Hibs games a season so not a lot but can say I’ve never heard this sort of thing before. Was shocked to hear of this today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes it’s a real shame if this is creeping into the song book. I go to maybe 4/5 Hibs games a season so not a lot but can say I’ve never heard this sort of thing before. Was shocked to hear of this today.
    So after 50 years of supporting hibs your family member will struggle to go to games anymore based on a couple of songs today and that just happened to happen less than a month after joining up proclaiming to sit on the fence. Talk about timing! How’s that for a coincidence.

So after 50 years of supporting hibs your family member will struggle to go to games anymore based on a couple of songs today and that just happened to happen less than a month after joining up proclaiming to sit on the fence. Talk about timing! How’s that for a coincidence.
    confused if your saying I’m making this up even with others confirming they have heard this to?

as I said...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Also he said he will struggle to take himself to away games from now not ALL games.

The steward did go nose to nose with the Hibs fan not sure if there was a thrust of his head though, Police saw it and did nothing. I was directly in line with it albeit a few rows back and saw it clearly. There was also a Rangers fan, blue hat and white top with Union flag on it, who stood with his back to the game for 90 minutes getting in Hibs fans face. Again completely ignored. Another steward was moved away from the area just after kick off for mouthing off at Hibs fans.

On the flip side the songs about 'mind the stairs' and Lee Rigby are a ****ing disgrace and, minority or not, totally remove our ability to take any kind of moral high ground. If 700 Hibs fans can enjoy a few beers, watch the game and behave reasonably then there's no reason why 900 can't.

Also he said he will struggle to take himself to away games from now not ALL games.
    So after 50+ years following Hibs he must have suffered the same abuse and indignity we have endured in Glasgow for as long as I can remember. Suddenly a few Hibs fans being dicks has put him off?

Do you ever support hibs or their fans in anyway, think your a bit of a wind up merchant like the odious chap above.

Funny how its always only a minority of our support who sing these **** songs and yet this minority always seem to get tickets for Ibrox and the PBS when descent fans miss out.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    I had the misfortune to be amongst some the younger fans below the singing section yesterday only to hear a few of the plebs sing about David Murray's disability. I'd be surprised if they even knew who he was.

A good few wind up merchants on this thread and many more since yesterday. All these allegations flying about and everybody has a mobile phone in their pocket.
    Strange how there is never any evidence from anybody making these allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    I had the misfortune to be amongst some the younger fans in the singing section yesterday only to hear a few of the plebs sing about David Murray's disability. I'd be surprised if they even knew who he was.
    And a few 'i hope you die in your sleep steven gerrard', seems to be a point scoring for who can come up with the most vile chant.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    A good few wind up merchants on this thread and many more since yesterday. All these allegations flying about and everybody has a mobile phone in their pocket.
    Were you at the game yesterday?

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Multiple fans reporting hearing odious songs, does that not count as evidence? Maybe next time you can ask them to carry Dictaphones so you can personally be satisfied.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Were you at the game caller?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Speaks the authority on wind-up merchants.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Were you at the game caller?
    You were and didnt see the alleged headbutt incident so why the smart comment to the poster