hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Left by mutual consent!

Stewards at Ibrox

Heard from several people that one of them attempted to headbutt a Hibs fan and they were apparently celebrating the goals whilst supposedly ‘protecting’ our fans. Surely the fans reps need to bring this up for further discussion and have this investigated.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 11-08-2019 at 07:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    That's absolutely horrendous.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard from several people that one of them headbutted a Hibs fan and they were apparently celebrating the goals whilst supposedly ‘protecting’ our fans. Surely the fans reps need to bring this up for further discussion and have this investigated.

Funny nobody mentioned that at the game. If that had happened inside the ground it would have kicked off.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Funny nobody mentioned that at the game. If that had happened inside the ground it would have kicked off.
    Apparently happened towards the front of the stand, video circulating around twitter of police stepping in afterwards

@hibs.net private member
    Apparently happened towards the front of the stand, video circulating around twitter of police stepping in afterwards
    Can you share the clip?

Can honestly say I never seen anything, not saying it didn't happen right enough.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Shows nothing except Hibs fans arguing with Police.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Happened right in front of me. The Steward in question, like a number of them was behaving like a twat. He went nose to nose with a young fellah but there was no head butt. There was chaos for a bit afterwards and the polis calmed things to an extent.
    Steward No 138 he was and definitely guilty of misconduct, assuming he is indeed there to help keep some order. Easily reported. Garrison Security Services. The polis had a word with him. He was picking on a young fellah and might have had his features rearranged quickly if the bloke in the row behind had succeeded in getting closer to him. His fat **** mate alongside him had the sense to stay a few steps back.

Most of the Hibs row in front of me to the left of this incident though were complete and utter ****ing ********s.
    If you’re reading this and feel the need to make the sign of the cross a thousand times in an hour and a half, then there are plenty of other places to spend your Sunday. You’re as bad as those pricks above and all around us today. One or two need to get your left and right sorted first though. Embarrassing behaviour.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 11-08-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    The cops must get tired dealing with the overexcited

It was kicking off somewhat at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    It was kicking off somewhat at the game.
    Aye, we kicked off 7 times.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Aye, we kicked off 7 times.
    Lol.....

Definitely happened, mate. Right in front of me, steward is a old ****** with grey hair

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Definitely happened, mate. Right in front of me, steward is a old ****** with grey hair

Aye, seen the links. Poor show as usual at Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Yep, I seen it also, was no more than 6 feet away from it. Went head to head with the young guy then clenched his fist and flinched it as if he was going to swing for him.

Was never going to hit him, purely done to wind up the boy. The young guy wasn’t even the one who he’d been having a bit of to and fro with, think it was the laddies dad who was in the row behind - who then went tonto after seeing the stewards actions towards his son.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Said steward - what we’re up against... Strong case for Hibs bringing our own stewards to supervise the away section at Ibrox, and to a lesser degree, Celtic Park.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Said steward - what we’re up against... Strong case for Hibs bringing our own stewards to supervise the away section at Ibrox, and to a lesser degree, Celtic Park.

He is obviously a wind up merchant who is a threat to the safety of spectators. Fan reps please can we have this brought up to those who can do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    Yep, I seen it also, was no more than 6 feet away from it. Went head to head with the young guy then clenched his fist and flinched it as if he was going to swing for him.

Was never going to hit him, purely done to wind up the boy. The young guy wasn’t even the one who he’d been having a bit of to and fro with, think it was the laddies dad who was in the row behind - who then went tonto after seeing the stewards actions towards his son.
    All of this is true.

@hibs.net private member
    So did the steward headbutt or not then?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    So did the steward headbutt or not then?
    That tweet says attempted.

Hes a horrible old **** so it wouldnt surprise me. Embarrassment the way he acts everytime we are through there. Odious wee man like everyone associated with that club

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Typical Glesca Polis nothing happened let’s arrest the HIBS fan wi the Edinburgh accent

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Typical Glesca Polis nothing happened let’s arrest the HIBS fan wi the Edinburgh accent

You do realise theres no such thing now? Officers can be drafted from anywhere to police matches now.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    You do realise theres no such thing now? Officers can be drafted from anywhere to police matches now.
    Everyone knows that Police Scotland is just an extension of the Glasgow Gestapo they even wear the same uniforms 😁

@hibs.net private member
    You are determined for this to be made up eh? Have a day off.

Police Scotland is a cryptic crossword clue for Glesca Polis

They are still "typical Glesca polis"
    That will never change even if the title does.
    Led by Chief Inspector Oanyerway.assited by Sgt Nickem.

And the majority policing games in Glasgow wil be drawn from the Greater Glasgow area.

I dont imagine Govan Polis station commander phoning Wick or Thurso to request some plods for the Sevco V Hibernian game.

They are still riled at SDG scoring so late, that it screwed up their plans for that night in Govan.
    As it turned out, they came back to Hampden Park on horses to give us a guard of honour during our Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Police Scotland is a cryptic crossword clue for Glesca Polis

They are still "typical Glesca polis"
    That will never change even if the title does.
    Led by Chief Inspector Oanyerway.assited by Sgt Nickem.

And the majority policing games in Glasgow wil be drawn from the Greater Glasgow area.

I dont imagine Govan Polis station commander phoning Wick or Thurso to request some plods for the Sevco V Hibernian game.

They are still riled at SDG scoring so late, that it screwed up their plans for that night in Govan.
    As it turned out, they came back to Hampden Park on horses to give us a guard of honour during our Anthem

I’ve remarked on this thread already, the polis were fine yesterday. There was no polis issue yesterday that I seen. And I’ve seen a few.

My own experience of the Hibs away support is that it contains two distinct groups.
    The first group is the folk who love football and supporting Hibs in particular. They are driven to see every Hibs game they can. They are all ages, men and women of every background who live all things Hibs. I love speaking to most of these folk and feel a real kinship with them. They are everything that is positive about supporting your team.

The second group tend to be far less interested in football and Hibs and much more interested in themselves. In real life they are no marks and Hibs away games are an opportunity to group together with other losers and draw attention to themselves in any way they can. They cause nausea for any poor sod who lives in the area and is unfortunate enough to come across them as they make their way to and from the game, peeing in inappropriate places as they go. At the stadium they tend to miss much of the game and can be seen pointing, gesticulating and at a couple of games a season waving a flag at their fellow halfwits in the opposing support. They also like to sing the most obnoxious attention seeking songs they can think of, a bit like when you were 9 and thought you would impress your mates and get their approval by swearing a lot. I wish these guys mothers had paid them more attention so that they didn't have to seek the approval of other unfortunate adults with the same issues whilst in the presence of the first group above.

I don't go to Ibroke anymore, can't think of anything worse. No way of keeping away from a'holes.
    Rangers a'holes above you and Hibs a'holes near you. No escape.
    Makes me think of the Stealers Wheel song which you will know.

"A'holes to the left of me
    A'holes to the right
    Here I Am
    Stuck in the Middle of Turnip Heids"

The easiest way for Hibs to weed out these morons is for the club to send representatives to gather evidence of unacceptable behaviour at away games, thereafter identify those involved and then inform them they are banned from Easter Road and cancel their season tickets. No need to involve the courts. Simply banned as folk are from pubs when they are dicks.

As a bonus the bottle/flare throwers etc are probably from the same group, so in one simple swoop our club could quickly and easily rid itself of our most embarrassing and tedious attention seekers.
    At that point we could then get on our moral high horse and complain with confidence about the supporters of the blue, green hooped and maroon teams.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 12-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    There were Glesca Polis filming the argument from the very back of the stand. Not sure whether anything will get done and I dunno if they were filming when the alleged attempted headbutt took place, but at least they did *something*.