View Poll Results: Should Paul Heckingbottom Be Manager

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

185 57.45%
  • No

137 42.55%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    On the evidence of this season so far, Heckingbottom's Hibs seem, in terms of desire, tactics, organization and the skill of the personnel, miles behind the teams of Lennon and Stubbs. It's early days yet but I fear that the club has made a massive step backwards. Yes, Rangers have pulled well ahead of the Edinburgh-duo-and-Aberdeen pack with their growing financial muscle, but you expect us to compete more strongly against what is still modest opposition.

As usual though, we will be judged by how we perform in relation to the next tier clubs of Aberdeen and Hearts, neither of whom have looked particularly impressive either. I think he'll need to improve and those signings of his will need to start showing something or he could be off by Christmas.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can’t think of one signing he’s made that has improved us. Allan was signed before he came in.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup. Folk have been pretending since day 1.

Won’t be long until he’s gone.
    And then you'll be happy I guess? I really can't fathom why you wouldn't support a Hibs manager. Did Lennon mean that much to you?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    And then you'll be happy I guess? I really can't fathom why you wouldn't support a Hibs manager. Did Lennon mean that much to you?
    Lennon is deeply flawed but his fight and drive are sorely missed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He’s at fault in 4 of the goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First goal the defence stand off Ojo and then ball watch (nothing to do with Whittaker), second goal Mallan offers little /zero challenge to Jones and Daz gets caught wrong side due to the good pass...........third goal comes all down our left, fourth and fifth Morelos is given the freedom of Ibrox centrally and the sixth it lands fortuitously at the feet of the Rangers player. Not one goal was Steven Whittaker's fault Ozy. It was a collective cluster **** of defending (lack of) and ball watching with no press in other areas of the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Can’t think of one signing he’s made that has improved us. Allan was signed before he came in.
    I think this is very fair comment so far. Hecky's signings just haven't done anything yet, and we need to see big improvements from them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We can forget about the top two but what teams would you confidently say are going to finish ahead of us in 3rd and 4th?

Aberdeen just got beaten by St Mirren today, Hearts were dreadful yesterday against Ross County and were lucky to get a draw and Kilmarnock were beaten by Hamilton.

I believe that two out of these three sides would need to finish above us to push us out of the top four as I can't see any other side doing it. I don't see anything special from any of these sides to make me say that we have little to no chance of top four. Aberdeen may improve once they're knocked out of Europe and they don't need to keep playing twice a week but other than that, I can't see any other side being so much better than us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Not having a go but who do you reckon will pip us for 3rd or 4th? Aberdeen were shocking today apparently and Hearts look bottom 6 material. I think 3rd is a possibility as we're all as poor as each other
    I think Aberdeen are stick on certainties for 3rd, as they’ve got a tried and tested formula and will get over their bad result today. I’ll concede that we could scrape 4th. if PH can overcome today’s nightmare but he has footballing problems and also a growing antagonistic fanbase to deal with. It wouldn’t surprise me if a team like St Mirren, Ross County or even the Jambos do a ‘Killie’, so how we perform against them ( yes, we lucked out against St Mirren )could determine our fate.
    Last edited by Jim44; 11-08-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Far too early for this kind of chat. Today was embarrassing but we were down a few key players resulting in us having to play a kid and an ageing whitaker at full back, and went down to 10 men early on. Prior to the sending off I thought we were starting to get a foothold on the game and their fans were starting to get restless. Let's reassess the situation after the first round of fixtures

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Eh?

I’d much rather have Lennon than Heckingbottom if that’s what you’re asking?

I’ll be happy when we’ve got a decent manager again, same as most Hibs fans I’d guess.

Lennon means nothing to me now. He was my favourite Hibs manager though.

@hibs.net private member
    Deary me, it really is silly season on here today. Judging a manager on the back of one performance away from home against the old firm is nonsense. Granted we were struggling with 11 men but the game was over when Mackie got sent off. What was he thinking sticking his arm out when he's on a yellow. Hopefully Stevenson is back soon because that lad is a liability when trying to defend.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Deary me, it really is silly season on here today. Judging a manager on the back of one performance away from home against the old firm is nonsense. Granted we were struggling with 11 men but the game was over when Mackie got sent off. What was he thinking sticking his arm out when he's on a yellow. Hopefully Stevenson is back soon because that lad is a liability when trying to defend.
    If anything, this pre-season and games that followed prove how valuable a player wee Lewy is to Hibs - no one that comes in has the same ability or desire.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    It’s never too early to ask the question

If there’s an obvious answer then I’m sure the results will show us but I’m interested to see where we are at the minute.

I’ll post again in 5/6/11 games and we can compare
    Congratulations, you’ve turned this place into Kickback.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Although I think he should be given another couple of months to demonstrate he is taking the club somewhere positive, shipping 6 is completely unacceptable. It was gutless and embarrassing. To me, he talks intelligently about the game, but the team on the pitch is not the team he describes. I don't see a style of play, with the exception of starting slowly most games. I don't buy the he must win very game or he's gone, because this is Hibs, that won't happen, but we have to pick up most of the points against bottom 6 and show more aggression against the rest. Christ I am dreading going into work tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Congratulations, you’ve turned this place into Kickback.
    Going by the opinion of a number of fans , its hardly a ridiculous question to ask.

I based my vote on the way we have performed in the cup and last weekend too. Yes we have won most of them, I just don’t see Heckingbottom having us challenging at the top half of the table this season.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    Far too early for this kind of chat. Today was embarrassing but we were down a few key players resulting in us having to play a kid and an ageing whitaker at full back, and went down to 10 men early on. Prior to the sending off I thought we were starting to get a foothold on the game and their fans were starting to get restless. Let's reassess the situation after the first round of fixtures
    that mainly being because once again we do not have 2 good players for every position, something we have been told 2 times now, from the manager, that we have.

so we can come to the same conclusions, but have a squad that is completely void of confidence.

The only way to judge anyone is when they are playing better opposition, you only know you have a good one when they perform at those venues/times.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Of course he should. He did a good job last season, so let's not overreact to one shambolic performance. We mustn't see a repeat of today and we need evidence of rebounding from this in the next game. The pressure has increased upon him significantly, particularly in relation to his signings, and he must prove his mettle. Another game like today and he will be in trouble.

Let's see what the next few weeks delivers.

Today’s result was awful, but fans getting hysterical definitely won’t help matters.

It was a horrible result today but come on getting rid of the manager after 2 games no for me I still think we have a decent squad and will challenge for third spot and the manager needs till the January if were struggling then I'm sure the board will consider there options as they have been good at appointing the managers si far

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    A horrible result,and one we are not used to,he will be given the rest of the season,unless things regress more than we are expecting to ,but Dempster, Craig and Mathie will surely come under scrutiny as well,especially with Ron in charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Where is Hibs.net on this one?

Yes or no.
    Yes the noo but could be a no if PH can’t get the new players to remove what could be a collective arrogance (just my perception) about Scottish football being a million miles behind that same game played in the lower leagues of Englandshire.

My biggest concern is that we will always have to put up with methodical, pedestrian and above all boring football. My other one is that he always seems to be changing his tactics during a game to make things better (that in itself is a good thing if it works positively) but why can’t get he get his own good tactics going from the outset.

Who knows what this season will bring but I still think that the players he has signed have some thinking to do 🤞

He will probably do okay but I am not thinking it is going to be enthralling - mibbies a bit like the first few years under Lexo but after a while his teams at times were pretty decent to watch (Crunchie,Wright,Jackson, O’Neill et al)

Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    What an absolutely ridiculous post.

Its hard to take as Stubbs and Lennons teams did so well against Rangers but this is a different Rangers. They'll push Celtic all the way this year, and they are now out of our league. They can attract EPL level players and they're banking on a EL group campaign to pay for them, which they'll probably get. We can't compete with that.

On a side note, I'm fed up of reading posts slating us bringing in English lower league players. Who are we meant to be buying? £10-20k a week players from the English Championship? Behave ffs.
    Probably cos we didn't bring in a whole load of lower league English players any other season. And by the way we did just fine without them too.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Time to put on a nappy, the bed’s soaking.

No one’s happy, but let’s can the hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    that mainly being because once again we do not have 2 good players for every position, something we have been told 2 times now, from the manager, that we have.

so we can come to the same conclusions, but have a squad that is completely void of confidence.

The only way to judge anyone is when they are playing better opposition, you only know you have a good one when they perform at those venues/times.
    We do have 2 good options at right back, unfortunately they're both injured. Every time we bring in "cover" for Lewis they play about 2 games and are released, generally proving to be a complete waste of money. Mackie is decent cover for Stevenson, he had a bad day at the office and will learn from today. This afternoon was awful but I maintain that this poll isnt yet called for and isn't helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    He needs more time but his card is now well and truly marked.

The big problem for me is that if/when he does leave then we're still left with his signings all of whom look far from convincing. .
    I actually commented on this on another thread a couple of weeks ago. He's presumably used up most of the player budget so far judging by his comment re. bringing anybody else in, and if things go tits up we're left with all these no marks on 2 and 3 year contracts. Let's hope we improve!

@hibs.net private member
    If we had any sense we would do what Leeds United done and empty this clown before he does any further damage.His tactics and signings have been a disaster, he has completely underestimated the Scottish game. He will drag us back into the dark places we hoped to have put behind us!

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I actually commented on this on another thread a couple of weeks ago. He's presumably used up most of the player budget so far judging by his comment re. bringing anybody else in, and if things go tits up we're left with all these no marks on 2 and 3 year contracts. Let's hope we improve!
    That's a frightening thought actually.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    We do have 2 good options at right back, unfortunately they're both injured. Every time we bring in "cover" for Lewis they play about 2 games and are released, generally proving to be a complete waste of money. Mackie is decent cover for Stevenson, he had a bad day at the office and will learn from today. This afternoon was awful but I maintain that this poll isnt yet called for and isn't helpful
    I agree, however can we have a poll about whether any of the new signings are quality additions ?

None are for me - Newell is dreadful, Doidge not much better, Vela looks lost and distinctly average, and Maxwell is overweight and looks horrendous at set pieces (but a decent shot stopper) and won't shift Rocky unless he get's injured. James is the only one who looks remotely like a footballer. Jackson is what he said he is - no nonsense. For the money we have spent, a very very poor return on showings so far. We've definitely not added any quality to the squad and we look bottom 6 or worse. The recruitment team need to spend less time making lovely videos and more time going out on the ground and unearthing good, young, energetic talent.

This Hibs side will get a do-in from many of our rivals - no urgency, pace, or desire to press and take games by the scruff of the neck. I (personally) feel duped into thinking PH wants to play high energy football. I've seen zero of that so far. It's slow and laboured and I've not seen us start games with any degree of urgency. Anyone who thinks Joe Newell is a footballer (for example) needs their head examined. Matt Done offered more

All I see so far is a long, unimpressive, uninspiring season ahead. Heckingbottom appears (also) to be scared to take on the bigger sides - way too much respect for opposition being shown.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    I feel like I'm going mad. We're ****ing 2 games into the season. Give the team some time ffs.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Allan was injured and it was kamberi who came on for him

When the most obvious player to bring on was Slivka. Absolutely mind boggling substitution.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    It was a horrible result today but come on getting rid of the manager after 2 games no for me I still think we have a decent squad and will challenge for third spot and the manager needs till the January if were struggling then I'm sure the board will consider there options as they have been good at appointing the managers si far

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Its not 2 games though is it. We were pish back end of last season blowing 4th place and pish in the LC games too.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.