hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He talks some sheite, they moved the ball quicker than us and pressed better than us, these are things we can do.

Naw we dont, we've seen no evidence of that AT ALL since you signed your team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Ever since things started going a bit downhill last year, Leeann has been very quiet. It doesn’t sit right with me. Leaders should lead at all times, not just be there to do the PR when things are going well. I think it all feels a bit odd.
    100% agree Something is not right. Only time we hear Dempster now is to ask our fans to fork out yet more money. Lately I have had me family at hospitality and paid a small wedge of cash into HSL as well as my ST. What do I get in return. At least I should expect a decent return o
    from our team on the park but instead I get cheap option lower league footballers that are Highland League standard. Dempster might react when she is sitting in the directors box looking at crowds of 10,000 or less the way things are going

Stubbs and Heckingbottom are the blue print of the type of coach Hibs want, Lennon wasn't. I'm led to believe Lennon approached us for the job and we thought it too good an opportunity not to go for it but Lennon is a volatile character which proved his undoing. Stubbs had an eye for a player and an excellent assistant in Doolan who got the club, Heckingbottom talks a good game, was an average player and I feel is Cathroesque with his over use if tactics, laptops etc, it looks great on paper but he's unable to convert it onto the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    What do I get in return. At least I should expect a decent return o
    from our team on the park but instead I get cheap option lower league footballers that are Highland League standard.
    I’d check your tickets, I don’t think you’re turning up to Hibs if that’s the case.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Stubbs and Heckingbottom are the blue print of the type of coach Hibs want, Lennon wasn't. I'm led to believe Lennon approached us for the job and we thought it too good an opportunity not to go for it but Lennon is a volatile character which proved his undoing. Stubbs had an eye for a player and an excellent assistant in Doolan who got the club, Heckingbottom talks a good game, was an average player and I feel is Cathroesque with his over use if tactics, laptops etc, it looks great on paper but he's unable to convert it onto the pitch.
    I thought the opposite, that Lennon was sitting enjoying his gig for the BBC in Paris when we approached him and he eventually took over when the tv role was finished? I do agree though he seems to be against the blueprint the club has for the club. If that works and we didn’t fluke Stubbs fitting like a glove is another matter I suppose.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He talks some sheite, they moved the ball quicker than us and pressed better than us, these are things we can do.

Naw we dont, we've seen no evidence of that AT ALL since you signed your team.
    You don't like him I'd guess by this & recent rants.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Lennon definitely approached us prior to his appointment.

I hope we go for someone with his passion next time round.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I can’t be bothered even listening to it. Atleast Lennon would apologise for that showing, and Cliff just annoys me even more by skirting round the hard hitting questions. Load as p*sh, learn nothing from these interviews.
    Lennon would have blamed the players as per and take no blame himself.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Lennon definitely approached us prior to his appointment.

I hope we go for someone with his passion next time round.
    Agree about the passion, Lennon is just a spoil brat who knows how to play to the galleries and you fell for it, what did he get banned for in the European game, slitting throat action in the stand, his embarrassing episode with the Morton manager and his countless wind ups to the Huns, he used Hibs to air his views about things, deflection after deflection from him when his team was pish, thinking of his antics at the paedodome.

Lennon lips won't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Agree about the passion, Lennon is just a spoil brat who knows how to play to the galleries and you fell for it, what did he get banned for in the European game, slitting throat action in the stand, his embarrassing episode with the Morton manager and his countless wind ups to the Huns, he used Hibs to air his views about things, deflection after deflection from him when his team was pish, thinking of his antics at the paedodome.

Lennon lips won't agree.
    Your attacks on Neil Lennon go beyond mere football-related matters.
    You come across as vindictive and determined to assassinate Neil Lennon's character at every turn.
    It's almost like he personally insulted or upset you in some way.
    Seriously, he is as flawed as you and I, but I at least choose to focus on what he delivered and offered for the greater part of his tenure as the manager of our club on the field- namely, Promotion as Champions and then European qualification with some breath-taking football in front of record crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    Your attacks on Neil Lennon go beyond mere football-related matters.
    You come across as vindictive and determined to assassinate Neil Lennon's character at every turn.
    It's almost like he personally insulted or upset you in some way.
    Seriously, he is as flawed as you and I, but I at least choose to focus on what he delivered and offered for the greater part of his tenure as the manager of our club on the field- namely, Promotion as Champions and then European qualification with some breath-taking football in front of record crowds.

And your defence of the man is actually very very creepy, in your eyes he was godlike and no one can ever say anything against him, even if the majority of it is true.

Even changing your username it's obvious who you are.

And your defence of the man is actually very very creepy, in your eyes he was godlike and no one can ever say anything against him, even if the majority of it is true.

Even changing your username it's obvious who you are.
    I'm defending his record as manager and the good that he did for our club for the bulk of his tenure.

I'm not defending his flawed personality.

What I tend to react against are those who talk down/berate his on-field record whilst simultaneously assassinating his character - mixing the 2 conveniently together to meet an agenda.

It wreaks of vindictiveness and nothing else.

I've never seen any previous manager vilified to the same degree - and we have had some corkers like Calderwood and Butcher!

Oh yes, your comment regarding change of username is actually quite creepy...a bit stalker like!
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 14-08-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I thought the opposite, that Lennon was sitting enjoying his gig for the BBC in Paris when we approached him and he eventually took over when the tv role was finished? I do agree though he seems to be against the blueprint the club has for the club. If that works and we didn’t fluke Stubbs fitting like a glove is another matter I suppose.
    To be fair he used the BBC gig to tie down Cummings on another contract, so we got some good out of it

I'm defending his record as manager and the good that he did for our club for the bulk of his tenure.

I'm not defending his flawed personality.

What I tend to react against are those who talk down/berate his on-field record whilst simultaneously assassinating his character - mixing the 2 conveniently together to meet an agenda.

It wreaks of vindictiveness and nothing else.

I've never seen any previous manager vilified to the same degree - and we have had some corkers like Calderwood and Butcher!

Oh yes, your comment regarding change of username is actually quite creepy...a bit stalker like!
    Wins Championship with boring as **** football-check

Has poor summer window - check

Needs the recruitment team to get him out of a mess in January - check

Stumbled upon a system that worked due to Gray being injured - check

Lost it when we lost to Hearts and threatened to quit - check

Had another poor summer window - check

Publicly attacks his main striker and alienated the majority of the squad - check

Plays lotto with team selections and goes missing for 2- 3 weeks - check

Finally loses it and verbally abuses his boss getting himself suspended - check

Blames everyone except himself for bad results - check

Am I glad he's gone, yes - check

Most of Lennons signings ranged from very poor to average. Looks like hes continued his trend of wasting massive amounts of money on dross going by how bad that left back theyve brought in is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    You don't like him I'd guess by this & recent rants.
    I want him and his team to play as he says he wants them to play, not tell us absolute drivel.

As for hating him, i have no views on him other than what his team produce on the park, so far i don't rate him much if thats the answer you were looking for.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 15-08-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I want him and his team to play as he says he wants them to play, not tell us absolute drivel.

As for hating him, i have no views on him other than what his team produce on the park, so far i don't rate him much if thats the answer you were looking for.
    I'm the same, talks a good game, yet to see it

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He left us in a worse state than when he joined. When he joined we had the most exciting midfield in Scottish football and youngsters coming through. We had gained success from getting in the likes of Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn who all had sell on value and improved us. He brought in the likes of Big Dave, Swanson, Holt, Whittaker, Milligan who were, to be frank, a waste of money and had no future value for us. It was an unbalanced squad and we should have been investing money in more young players who we had potential to develop further.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    100% agree Something is not right. Only time we hear Dempster now is to ask our fans to fork out yet more money. Lately I have had me family at hospitality and paid a small wedge of cash into HSL as well as my ST. What do I get in return. At least I should expect a decent return o
    from our team on the park but instead I get cheap option lower league footballers that are Highland League standard. Dempster might react when she is sitting in the directors box looking at crowds of 10,000 or less the way things are going
    Haha what a load of ***** highland league standard 🙈. Ask yourself the question, how many other people in LD role at other clubs come out and regularly speak, let them do their job I don’t care what she’s got to say, Infact what do you want her to say is more relevant? We’ve just been taken over recently and I’m sure she’s got her hands full with that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He left us in a worse state than when he joined. When he joined we had the most exciting midfield in Scottish football and youngsters coming through. We had gained success from getting in the likes of Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn who all had sell on value and improved us. He brought in the likes of Big Dave, Swanson, Holt, Whittaker, Milligan who were, to be frank, a waste of money and had no future value for us. It was an unbalanced squad and we should have been investing money in more young players who we had potential to develop further.
    Every manager makes good and bad signings. Marciano, Bogdan, Ambrose, Commons, Omeonga, Allan, Barker, Kamberi, Horgan, MacLaren, Mallan are a bunch from the top of my head who I think have made a good impact.

Simon Murray did alright in his 6 months here, Holt played an instrumental part in our promotion season. Stokes was brought back as a marquee signing and Ryan Gauld was seen as a coup at the time.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 15-08-2019 at 10:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Wins Championship with boring as **** football-check

Has poor summer window - check

Needs the recruitment team to get him out of a mess in January - check

Stumbled upon a system that worked due to Gray being injured - check

Lost it when we lost to Hearts and threatened to quit - check

Had another poor summer window - check

Publicly attacks his main striker and alienated the majority of the squad - check

Plays lotto with team selections and goes missing for 2- 3 weeks - check

Finally loses it and verbally abuses his boss getting himself suspended - check

Blames everyone except himself for bad results - check

Am I glad he's gone, yes - check
    I’d love to hear your thoughts on some of our other managers.

You must have been suicidal for donkeys years watching Hibs!

Fair play to you for sticking through it. You enjoying the new era any better?!