hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the DailyRecord day in a life video? Iím not too sure what folks expect a usb stick delivered to their door? That was about as transparent as it gets and for locally based thereís been trips organised for .net folks. What more can the club do precisely?
    Somehow missed that video. Will search for it. Does it go into the detail on whether our recruitment team are responsible for all our signings or if itís the managers responsibility?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    Missed Milligan big-time against Sevco yesterday.......should have hung on to him IMHO.
    Certainly should have if not bringing in a better player which I think most assumed would happen when Mark was allowed to go. Assume this was the guy who went to Aberdeen

It does make you wonder who watched newall and Doidge and thought. These 2 guys are ideal for hibs.

I just despair at the lack of effort. Surely when you start a new job you bust a gut to stand out from your colleagues and impress your boss.

Our budget has been wasted and if there is no money left then we are in for a very long season.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    He needs to understand that if his product isn’t entertaining then he will haemorrhage viewers (season ticket holders) rapidly, which is a big problem.
    This is the challenge for our owner. Football is results driven and fans aren’t going to hang about watching piss poor teams on the pitch. Ron needs to dig deeper and fund some quality signings.
    The team lacks sufficient numbers of talented men who can change games, across the team. Only Allan and Marciano have those qualities, we need at least three more of that standard to have a decent season.

Over to you wee Ron.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 12-08-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Currie Hibee View Post
    Iíve seen comments on threads today about signings over the summer. My opinion is;

Doidge/ Newell - not good enough
    Vela/ Jackson - think they will do well
    James/ Maxwell - too early to tell
    Scott Allan - touch of class

Heckingbottom has taken a lot of stick but who takes the blame if this turns out to be a bad window. Our supposedly excellent recruitment team seem to get away with murder and all the blame gets put on Heckingbottom. Surely they have to be at least partly accountable.
    Take Scott Allan out that lot and if the others perform to the best of their ability it would still be boring as ****.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Currie Hibee View Post
    Iíve seen comments on threads today about signings over the summer. My opinion is;

Doidge/ Newell - not good enough
    Vela/ Jackson - think they will do well
    James/ Maxwell - too early to tell
    Scott Allan - touch of class

Heckingbottom has taken a lot of stick but who takes the blame if this turns out to be a bad window. Our supposedly excellent recruitment team seem to get away with murder and all the blame gets put on Heckingbottom. Surely they have to be at least partly accountable.
    Nonsense. How many times have you seen these guys play?

I get there is an overreaction after yesterday and quite right, but you cannot suggest that these two players are not good enough for Hibs after 2 league games.

What strikes me is that Heckingbottom talked about a high pressing, energy, athletic new look hibs team.

Newell - Big and fit but no pace at all. Very laid back approach
    James - Small and doesnít seem pacey, again very laid back approach
    Doidge - Wins a lot in the air and works hard but again isnít overly powerful
    Vela - Maybe the one you could say is in line with what he suggested
    Jackson - Knows him from Barnsley, I like him

They just donít really seem to match what he wanted? I know itís hard to judge players so early on.

Newell is getting all ends of abuse but I actually think technically he is good and pops up in good positions, however heís not a winger for me. In this league, with the way we want to play imo we need pace and directness on the wings. Jordan Jones ripped us a new one yesterday with his style.

James is another who I think looks really good on the ball. Great touch and passing but isnít the energetic full back that would get up and down like I expected.

I actually felt bad for Vela yesterday as I thought he was the only person in our midfield then they had the ball, he was getting about and made some good tackles, interceptions and but pressure on them. You could see his frustration growing though and lead to some wild tackles. At fault for the goal which il put down to being tired.

Also find it a bit weird the players available over the summer on frees that we never went for

Shankland
    Mulumbu
    James Morrison (wage issues)
    Cadden
    Shaugnessy
    Cummings (loan)

Some will add McGeouch but I think itís blatantly obvious heís not interested in a move back.

We really need to add real quality to our team in the next couple of weeks, guys that are instant starters for us. We need a physicality and energy in the middle of the pitch and pace and skill our wide.

It looks like Middleton will be added this week but we really need to push the boat out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The recruitment team seems like a bit of a waste of time if the likes of NL (and possibly PH?) are just going to suit themselves anyway imo.

They'll sit down at the end of season and decide what kind of player they need, the scouts will source a certain number who fit what we want and then the manager will decide which ones he wants. It's not uncommon for a new manager to have his own contacts within the game but when all is said and done, the manager has the final say on recruitment.

First Team Breakthrough
    One thing we don't need is to bring players in on loan in January and they do well for someone else to sign them at the start of next season. Take Mcnulty and Omeonga.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    One thing we don't need is to bring players in on loan in January and they do well for someone else to sign them at the start of next season. Take Mcnulty and Omeonga.
    If we canít afford permanent deals thatís exactly what we need and I donít understand why weíve turned our nose up at loan deals so far this window, itís a great way to get players you otherwise couldnít afford.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    The only players who have added anything to our team in the last 3 years have come from loans. The guys we actually sign have generally been pish.

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Recruitment has been rotten at Hibs for a while. Doubt it will change soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Recruitment has been rotten at Hibs for a while. Doubt it will change soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The January corrections have been first class.

The summer squad building has been pitiful since Stubbs was here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The January corrections have been first class.

The summer squad building has been pitiful since Stubbs was here.

Due to managers using their own contacts and having to revert back to the scouts recommendations to rectify the mistakes. Lennon used his own agents and his contacts to get players, Heckingbottom seems to be doing similar and using his own knowledge of the lower leagues, as you said Stubbs used the recruitment team to it's fullest plus he had a real eye for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Due to managers using their own contacts and having to revert back to the scouts recommendations to rectify the mistakes. Lennon used his own agents and his contacts to get players, Heckingbottom seems to be doing similar and using his own knowledge of the lower leagues, as you said Stubbs used the recruitment team to it's fullest plus he had a real eye for a player.
    Stubbs made some great signings - pretty sure the St Mirren failure was blamed on his poor signings though. Maybe he did use the recruitment team at Hibs to its full capability.