hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckingbottom

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stubbs/Lennon would never have accepted this.
    Lets b honest the players would have been too scared to perform like that under Lenny

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    No.
    Newell is weak
    James is far too casual
    Doidge is James Collins mk II
    Jackson is ok but his passing last week was pathetic.
    Vela showed promise in the League Cup. Pathetic in the League games.
    Maxwell... who knows but he looks a touch over weight to me?
    The Polar Bear was more than a touch overweight and he turned out just fine 😁
    Agree about all the rest though

Said in another thread last week that we won’t be competing with rangers anymore. Sadly, they are a cut above everyone apart from Celtic now.

I’m happy to give Hecky time, but I expect to see better performances against the weaker teams. Starting next week

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    How the F is that gonna change the midfield.

Flo might've held up the ball batter to allow the midfield to link up, Doidge was the invisible man.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    Lets b honest the players would have been too scared to perform like that under Lenny
    Correct.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Using League cup games as glorified friendlies was bad enough, the performances there should've been a wake up call that something isn't right. People talk about recruitment team but the manager always has final say, Newell, Doidge, Jackson and James are all his signings probably from his knowledge down south, Vela comes with credentials and just looks a bit behind fitness wise. Generally other teams pick up wee gems from down south but rarely they try and sign 4-5 of them, we still need ed around 4 players who knew the Scottish game, I'd have gone for Shankland.
    Vela has no credentials. He’s not kicked a ball in seasons. He has to prove himself all over again, unfortunately what we’ve seen off him suggests the kind of form displayed at Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    Thats absolutely nonsense

We were probably more inept up at Rugby park when the lights kept going out

Also shambles at Well just before Lenny left

Embarrassed up at pittodrie

Lets not kid on that we were never poor under Lennon. Going down to 10 men killed us, as we had a real foothold in the game for the previous 20 mins and the fans were starting to get on Rangers backs

Everyone does realise we have a recruitment team and it’s not primarily Heckingbottom signing these players?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Vela has no credentials. He’s not kicked a ball in seasons. He has to prove himself all over again, unfortunately what we’ve seen off him suggests the kind of form displayed at Bolton.

85 games in the Championship and 53 in League 1 should be enough of a player to do the business here.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Everyone does realise we have a recruitment team and it’s not primarily Heckingbottom signing these players?
    They are his players though. That's what we were all thinking last season that he would bring in the players who would fit in the team and his style of football.

My view is that Slivka should always start at Ibrox, Celtic Pk and Tynecastle. Kamberi is a better loan striker option to start.
    Rangers are not the mugs they were under previous managers so there is no point in trying to go for it with 10 men.
    Having said that it is better to get that horror show out of the way early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    How the F is that gonna change the midfield.
    Because Allan would still be on! If he was injured then we had Slivka on the bench. Game was over when we made that sub. Had to try our best to keep it tight and grab a goal on the break. Was suicide taking yet another midfielder off

All signings are final say of the manager, the recruitment team suggest 3-4 players for each position required and the manager has the last word.

He's as negative as f***.
    When we capitulated against celtic in the cup I thought he might have learned from it but nothing has changed.
    The signs were there in the split fixtures and only a result against hearts saved him from more criticism.
    As for recruitment, you can send newell back to where I live and the others appear to be no more than average.
    He has to learn from this or he'll be gone by the winter break.

I personally think he should stay I think it's a bit of knee jerk reaction to call for his sacking after one very poor result. He's achieved good things at Hibs since he has been here and definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt right now.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Who is the recruitment team comprised of?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    I for one would be happy to see him go and hope he takes a few of the players he brought in with him.... last week at home against st midden he plays one up front and Whittaker nearly getting man of the match tells you all you need to know about the rest of the team..... we need some pace and another striker and would like to see someone go on runs against defenders.... hibs get the ball and the first thing they do is look to see who they can pass it back to.... no pace and no high pressing... am sure he said that’s what we would get from our team... I think he will be away by Xmas and we will need to get rid of all his players with the new manager wanting his own players so expect another **** season... next season less season ticket holders meaning less money to spend on players.... anyway hope I am miles wrong and we start playing football... might just be the kick up the arse we need.... I wouldn’t bet on it though...

Quote Originally Posted by paul_hfc3 View Post
    I personally think he should stay I think it's a bit of knee jerk reaction to call for his sacking after one very poor result. He's achieved good things at Hibs since he has been here and definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt right now.
    I agree; that's a sensible post. However, we must not see a repeat of today. Hecky has bridges to build with the fans now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Who is the recruitment team comprised of?

George Craig, Graeme Mathie, Michael Meechan, Charlie Kivlin

First Team Breakthrough

He he has achieved nothing apart from a few wins against teams we should be beating anyway and his signings have made us worse and negative as **** or heck if you like

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    85 games in the Championship and 53 in League 1 should be enough of a player to do the business here.
    But he was pish there, chosen more often than not out of necessity latterly. Don’t kid yourself that this was some sort of great signing. He was great when he burst on the scene but those days are long gone.

His previous coaches say the same thing.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Folk have been secretly waiting on this for a while though as they have never taken to the manager, this is when he proves how good he actually is by bouncing back from what is possibly the worst game in years

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    How, they have beaten some questionable teams in Europe and were far from convincing against Killie (last min winner) whom got beat by Hamilton. Today they started without Morelos (thank god) and went with a 37 year old player who years ago couldn’t get into the Bournemouth squad.
    C'mon Defoe is a great player, even at 37. How many Man utd teams got last minute winners? It's the sign of a great team that they never give up. And there are very few bad teams in Europe now.. Playing 10 men at Ibrox, we were always gonna take a honking. It was very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He’s clueless. Get him out!

One up front at home v st Mirren

Down to 10 men at Ibrox and he has 2 strikers on the park. Incredible decision.

Newell - murder

Doidge - we paid money for him?? Horrendous.
    Rangers played with one upfront today? Why on earth is that something to hold against a manager?

Celtic and Rangers budgets have always been bigger than ours by far. It's the way we handle going up against them in footballing terms that worries me.

Teams like St Johnstone and Motherwells turnovers are only half of ours and closer to us than we are to the OF, that's more of a worry to me.

I think these next 2 league games will seal his fate one way or the other. I'm hoping today is an aboration and a one off, but his comments on Hibs doing this/that, "Rangers havent changed" guff etc... is starting to make me think twice.

Hibs in general need a big dose of reality of where we are. Fortunately Big Ron has just ploughed his money in and will want results, he's been quiet, I'm not sure how long it will take before some action will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    But he was pish there, chosen more often than not out of necessity latterly. Don’t kid yourself that this was some sort of great signing. He was great when he burst on the scene but those days are long gone.

His previous coaches say the same thing.

TBF I knew little of him before he came, heard the name and was looked at going onto bigger things, disappointed if he's went downhill so quickly, may be a temperament thing.

George Craig, Graeme Mathie, Michael Meechan, Charlie Kivlin
    Cheers, mate. I must say the new signings haven't impressed at all so far.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Rangers played with one upfront today? Why on earth is that something to hold against a manager?

People get far too hung up on the fact we play one up top.. like near enough every other team.

Has PH done post match interview yet?

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Folk have been secretly waiting on this for a while though as they have never taken to the manager, this is when he proves how good he actually is by bouncing back from what is possibly the worst game in years

Really? most were saying last week and the weeks prior that the football was dire as hell and we were lucky to get the win last week. Look through the posts and you'll see many posts having a go at his tactics and certain players he brought in.