hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Heckingbottom

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whilst MWC is possibly exaggerating about the jagers, BB is there along with Combe and Nishy. Looks like a staff day to the races.
    Has Nish been flagged offside yet?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Quite a day for him then, he was doing crystal meth with Catriona Shearer in the Central Bar VIP lounge at lunchtime.
    I realise my post might have sounded like a joke so the tone of your reply it to be expected but it was straight up!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Whilst MWC is possibly exaggerating about the jagers, BB is there along with Combe and Nishy. Looks like a staff day to the races.
    Not a exaggerating at all. Was exactly what I was told.

To be honest, obviously the guy is free to enjoy a drink on his day off but hanging out will Billy Brown should be a sackable offence

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t have a problem with what he says there.

We over performed when he first came in, I think if we had just missed out on the top 6 and won more games after the split then there wouldn’t have been the same negativity about him.
    Unfortunately he cant say right for saying wrong with most posters on here right now. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but hes getting it from all angles at moment and no matter what he says or does...its wrong in some posters eyes.

As I say I dont rate him personally and believe this will probably all end sooner rather than later but I cant help but feel a wee bit of sympathy for the guy...hes doomed no matter what he says or does.

By finishing strongly he means the run we went on to finish top 5...when he came in Sir Neil of Lennon had us languishing in 8th - think many are choosing to forget that right now.

I dont honestly believe he is the manager to take us forward and given how large parts of the support have turned on him already...I dont think hes got long unless their is a miraculous turnaround in form and results over the coming month.

But when fans turn against a manager the way the majority of Hibs fans seem to have done on Hecky already...it normally only ends one way

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I realise my post might have sounded like a joke so the tone of your reply it to be expected but it was straight up!
    You clearly don't know Catriona all that well if you thought I was joking. Mad for a bit of it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Unfortunately he cant say right for saying wrong with most posters on here right now. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but hes getting it from all angles at moment and no matter what he says or does...its wrong in some posters eyes.

As I say I dont rate him personally and believe this will probably all end sooner rather than later but I cant help but feel a wee bit of sympathy for the guy...hes doomed no matter what he says or does.

By finishing strongly he means the run we went on to finish top 5...when he came in Sir Neil of Lennon had us languishing in 8th - think many are choosing to forget that right now.

I dont honestly believe he is the manager to take us forward and given how large parts of the support have turned on him already...I dont think hes got long unless their is a miraculous turnaround in form and results over the coming month.

But when fans turn against a manager the way the majority of Hibs fans seem to have done on Hecky already...it normally only ends one way

Firstly, once again you can take your assumption that I'm some sort of Lennon lover back. I liked him in his pomp but he had to go, and you'll find I was amongst the first batch of fans to say so.

Secondly, I know exactly what he means by 'finishing strongly' but what I don't understand is why we should be "expecting" less than a 5th placed finish, no wins after the split against the best sides in the league and 10 points won from the last available 30.

It seems to be becoming apparent that Heckingbottom's ambitions for Hibs don't align with that of the supporters.

My son and grandson were at the nags tonights and the grandson was mair interested in photos with Combe and Nish.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Unfortunately those who argue he doesn’t ‘get’ Hibs are being given loads of ammunition at the moment.

He would do better to acknowledge that 5th is nowhere and that we are a long way from where we want to be at present.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hecky at the races, i suppose there is a first time for everything.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hecky at the races, i suppose there is a first time for everything.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hecky had 2 or 3 meaningless games etc where as NL didn’t have any, his all meant something, PH played more against the top 6.. there’s always some reason to decide to take certain games out of the stats if you’re wanting to. (And admittedly in my case not remove some).

I personally feel like there’s a desperate attempt from a few folk (not yourself btw) to discredit anything PH does. Finish in the best 4 out of 38 teams in the league cup, doesn’t matter. Beats St Mirren? Toiled (even though we didn’t) so no credit. Beat Morton to progress to the cup QF? Some will even refuse to acknowledge we won.
    Calum, Lennon was a much better HC for us than Hecky. It’s gotten to the stage I miss the guy and I wanted Lennon our at Christmas time as it was obvious there was a separation between club and Lennon. Ram the three games rubbish, the squad is a mess now and it’s down to our HC and possibly recruitment team. The boy has underestimated Scottish football and has been found out. I’ve no idea why you’re taking things so personally mate. We have all lives through this scenario many times before and we know the ending - bottom six pish and a half empty stadium. Do you want that for the club again, blindly supporting the guy who has brought in utter guff and has us playing torrid football? He has theee games left to save his job. I don’t believe we will win any of them and it will be over. It’s not the fans fault either. No wonder we all have the fear because we lived through 5 years of ****, sat through being ****ed off hearts in the Scottish cup final, ***** bottom six football and it all ended in relegation.

At the end of the day I think he has overcoached the players.

Video analysis and a focus on stats has been his undoing imo.maybe too much emphasis on this.

It looks like it has led to the squad less understanding positional play and formation tactics.

And for a stats man,the results must be a sore one for him to take because they are terrible compared with the two managers before him.not his results stats,the individual game stats.
    We are conceding far too much possession and teams are getting too many shots away leading to more goals conceded.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hecky had 2 or 3 meaningless games etc where as NL didn’t have any, his all meant something, PH played more against the top 6.. there’s always some reason to decide to take certain games out of the stats if you’re wanting to. (And admittedly in my case not remove some).

I personally feel like there’s a desperate attempt from a few folk (not yourself btw) to discredit anything PH does. Finish in the best 4 out of 38 teams in the league cup, doesn’t matter. Beats St Mirren? Toiled (even though we didn’t) so no credit. Beat Morton to progress to the cup QF? Some will even refuse to acknowledge we won.
    I agree. 2 of Heckingbottom's 3 losses against top 6 were to Killie and Aberdeen who were battling it out for 3rd. We were 3 points ahead of Hearts and 21 goals better off. Hearts only had 1 game left, Celtic at Parkhead.

IIRC the goal in the 1-0 Killie loss was from the penalty won by Alex Bruce when Heckingbottom then called him a f***ing diver.

Here are some facts from last season:
    Record against top 6
    Before Heckingbottom
    W2 D4 L6 = average of 0.83 points per game*

After Heckingbottom
    W1 D4 L3 = average of 0.87 points per game

Record against bottom 6
    Before Heckingbottom
    W6 D4 L3 =* 1.69 points per game

After Heckingbottom
    W5 D0 L0 = 3 points per game

Before Heckingbottom 32 points from 25 games = 1.28ppg
    After 22 points from 13 games = 1.69ppg

1.69 points per game from the start of the season would have had us on 61 points with 2 games to go which is what Aberdeen and Killie were on.

8 of Heckingbottom’s 13 games were against top 6 teams and only 5 were against bottom 6.

Before Heckingbottom – 11 points behind Hearts
    After Heckingbottom – 3 points ahead of Hearts

Ive largely lost faith in Hecky after last week's abomination.

However, I'll be at Fir Park today hoping for signs of improvement and willing Hecky & the team on.