hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckingbottom

Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats the typa message which was given out when fenlon was in charge,

its the guys who boo that want to win the most. The doom and gloomers are the real fans, their daily mood coincides with the fortunes of the team. They are the guys who the club should and need to be listening too, not the happy clapping, Oh it is just a game of football brigade.
    The fans that boo or constantly moan at games always strike me as the type that have never kicked a ball at a semi decent level in their life. They think it’s as easy as rocking up and winning because of either x,y or z.

“The doom and gloomers are the real fans” - No the real fans are the ones that back their team till the end and encourage them. Not boo a managers sub when we’re 1-0 up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    McInnes has been at Aberdeen about 6 or 7 years and enjoyed a bit of success, but for Heckingbottom I get the sense his face hasn’t fitted for too many from day one. He will always be one or two bad results away from a crisis with little room for error, and such a scenario is not sustainable long term. He won’t be afforded the good will of the fans that Lennon and Stubbs before him had during troublesome spells.
    Stubbs was afforded what he'd rightly earned in building us up to be a team the fans could relate to and Lennon was afforded a few howlers because his teams were expansive and exciting and you knew fine well they'd bounce back more often than not.

I wanted Lennon so far out by the time he left because he'd run his course and the players were done with him.

I'll admit I've never been convinced by Heckingbottom but that's not because of some mythical love for Lennon or Stubbs. It's because the man's an uninspiring, passionless wet wipe who hasn't done a thing to relate himself to the supporters since his arrival.

And today he's saying the players were too weak to deal with the expectation from the stands. Maybe it's him who doesn't 'get hibs' or understand what our expectations are.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 24-08-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Stubbs was afforded what he'd rightly earned in building us up to a team the fans could relate to and Lennon was afforded a few howlers because his teams were expansive and exciting and you knew fine well they'd bounce back more often than not.

I wanted Lennon so far out by the time he left because he'd run his course and the players were done with him.

I'll admit I've never been convinced by Heckingbottom but that's not because of some mythical love for Lennon or Stubbs. It's because the man's an uninspiring, passionless wet wipe who hasn't done a thing to relate himself to the supporters since his arrival.

And today he's saying the players were too weak to deal with the expectation from the stands. Maybe it's him who doesn't 'get hibs' or understand what our expectations are.
    love for this post

Paul Heckingbottom has claimed panic from the stands played a part in costing Hibs during their 2-2 draw with St Johnstone at Easter Road.

Home supporters watched their side concede an 11th goal in three games when Jason Kerr netted to secure a last-gasp point in Leith.

The 42-year-old said: "We were trying to get the boys to relax but the whole stadium was anxious and that spread to the players.

From the record

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Paul Heckingbottom has claimed panic from the stands played a part in costing Hibs during their 2-2 draw with St Johnstone at Easter Road.

Home supporters watched their side concede an 11th goal in three games when Jason Kerr netted to secure a last-gasp point in Leith.

The 42-year-old said: "We were trying to get the boys to relax but the whole stadium was anxious and that spread to the players.

From the record
    Very good but how can we relax watching that

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This is an interesting interview when he blamed everyone at the club and the fans for "downing tools" at the end of last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48895632
    Pattern emerging.

Then you’ve got his quotes having to get used to not playing sat, tues, sat even though it looks as if the team look unfit.

Does Hecky want to be in Scottish Football?

Left by mutual consent!
    Stubbs was afforded what he'd rightly earned in building us up to be a team the fans could relate to and Lennon was afforded a few howlers because his teams were expansive and exciting and you knew fine well they'd bounce back more often than not.

Top post 👍

@hibs.net private member

This.

spot on

Nailed it. Can someone pin this post please?

Funny, you’d be getting hounded on this forum for posting this a few weeks ago, just like I was.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I just don’t want us to become a circus again.

i thought we were past that and then there was the Lennon fiasco and now again talk of sacking our manager within 3 league games.

We need continuity, no other club in Scotland seems to have as many issues like we do when it comes to managers, losing the dressing room etc.

The buzz of Scottish cup, promotion, Europe and highest point tally has well and truly gone.

We need something, a couple of known quality signings would do. We’re relying heavily on Hallberg being exactly what we need and good.

I agree with much of what you say, but the fans are still turning up in numbers.

I have to admit I a bit concerned right now but concern shouldn’t turn to panic yet imo. Hecky is talking an ambitious game, and plenty of people talk about him positively. Robbie Stockdale is rated.

We might sign a striker before the transfer window shuts. I was impressed by Jackson today, a few of the other signings look decent or came with decent reputations.

Today was pretty poor overall though. I get why folk are annoyed.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

It’s hard to argue with any of that. There’s absolutely no chance the players should be crumbling under the expectations from the fans. I think he’s just making excuses for another horrendous performance.

My worry is we won’t act quickly to change it.

First Team Regular
    The fans that boo or constantly moan at games always strike me as the type that have never kicked a ball at a semi decent level in their life. They think it’s as easy as rocking up and winning because of either x,y or z.

“The doom and gloomers are the real fans” - No the real fans are the ones that back their team till the end and encourage them. Not boo a managers sub when we’re 1-0 up.
    Fair enough point, but you dont need to have been a semi-pro player to understand what is good or bad football.

IMO the guys that hurt the most when we are playing poorly aint the ones who are happy clapping when the team is performing pish. Its the happy clappers who fail to see any shortcomings, and it is often them who expect to win because of x, y and z not the guys booing.

opinions ehhh......just like everyone ass hole.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It's because the man's an uninspiring, passionless wet wipe who hasn't done a thing to relate himself to the supporters since his arrival. .
    Couldn’t have put it any better.

He’s got to go soon. He’s never going to last the 3 years so no point delaying the inevitable just cause it seams harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post

From the record
    That’s a really stupid thing to say to be honest. One of these statements that no one benefits from and in fact does more damage than anything else.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    K

Nah I cant agree with that.

Also the fans were NOT booing the team today (this is about the 5/6th post had to defend fans) they were booing Hecky for taking off SA after he played him out of position. I will give him this, he is the only one of our last three managers that has managed to make SA look pretty poor on the pitch and all because he cannot set up the team properly. I think he has lost it and the reason we did not get a result today is down to him not the nervousness emanating from the stands - what a load of c r ap.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Also where is the high press and fitness levels they have never known????

Hecky’s words not mine, he has rattled on about this several times and we are not seeing it. Talks a good game and we fans want to see it but it is not there he is talking p I sh. Bringing a lot of heat onto himself talking like that when 1. He has not signed players that fit into that (high pressure) nor are they fit as f —- and 2. His formations are baffling

Absolutely bang on!

Blaming the supporters is only going to increase the pressure on him.

He doesn’t get the fans expectations, as someone said before he doesn’t relate with the fans. He plays boring uninspiring football and he can’t spot a player in my view.

Got to go

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Should be having a good look at himself and his stupid decisions instead of having a go at the people who paid to watch that rubbish yesterday.

He is out of his depth and we need to cut our losses.

First Team Regular
    I left at half time. Heartbroken. I used to be what you might call a happy clapper. I'm too long in the tooth now though. I've seen so many Hibs teams like the one I watched yesterday. Disjointed. Rudderless. I genuinely thought we'd left that messy, feint heartedness behind us.
    In the past, I'd have wanted the manager to be given lots of time. Now, I want us to begin succession planning ASAP. We should have targets lined up for the end of the year. By then we'll be able say we gave Heck a chance, but crucially we'll still have the Jan window available for the new guy.
    No use crying over spilled milk. No need to reinvent our recruitment process. We hired the wrong guy. It happens. Let the hard work to put it right start now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post
    I left at half time. Heartbroken. I used to be what you might call a happy clapper. I'm too long in the tooth now though. I've seen so many Hibs teams like the one I watched yesterday. Disjointed. Rudderless. I genuinely thought we'd left that messy, feint heartedness behind us.
    In the past, I'd have wanted the manager to be given lots of time. Now, I want us to begin succession planning ASAP. We should have targets lined up for the end of the year. By then we'll be able say we gave Heck a chance, but crucially we'll still have the Jan window available for the new guy.
    No use crying over spilled milk. No need to reinvent our recruitment process. We hired the wrong guy. It happens. Let the hard work to put it right start now.
    If the first half left you heartbroken, don't whatever you do watch any footage of the second half.

I thought the first half was ok, nothing special. We were in front and had been pretty much in control and we had reason to go into the second half optimistic.

We had no answer to St Johnstone raising their game after the break which is totally depressing.

@hibs.net private member
    I really hope the board come to their senses and pay heed to Leeds United's actions and rid themselves of this idiot before irreparable damage is done. He likes to talk a good game but his brand of football is slow and dire to watch. Fans will leave in big numbers if this brand of eye bleeding football continues!

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    K

Nah I cant agree with that.

Also the fans were NOT booing the team today (this is about the 5/6th post had to defend fans) they were booing Hecky for taking off SA after he played him out of position. I will give him this, he is the only one of our last three managers that has managed to make SA look pretty poor on the pitch and all because he cannot set up the team properly. I think he has lost it and the reason we did not get a result today is down to him not the nervousness emanating from the stands - what a load of c r ap.
    If you read my post, you will see that I said it was the substitution that was boo’d and not the team in general.

Everyone can have their difference of opinion or theory about where Allan should play, for me he should be in the number 10 but playing right of a midfield 4 is not alien to him or that crazy an idea. Allan was very poor and could hardly control a ball during the game, that has nothing to do with where he was playing.

To get boo’d for subbing someone playing poor is ridiculous.

Unless Iv missed something at no point has he blamed the fans.

In his hibs tv interview he said he wanted the boys to relax as the anxiousness from the stands was spreading onto the pitch - it was, it was clear as day.

That not saying the fans were to blame

First Team Breakthrough
    Any manager who blames the fans for a poor performance has one foot out the door already

If you read my post, you will see that I said it was the substitution that was boo’d and not the team in general.

Everyone can have their difference of opinion or theory about where Allan should play, for me he should be in the number 10 but playing right of a midfield 4 is not alien to him or that crazy an idea. Allan was very poor and could hardly control a ball during the game, that has nothing to do with where he was playing.

To get boo’d for subbing someone playing poor is ridiculous.
    Nonsense.

Sport is all about small advantages.

The feel good factor that raises the game that extra 1%

It's why hearts feign injuries in the lead up to every derby, and it's why clubs scout the opposition

Having some of your best players on the bench lifts the opposition in the away dressing room and playing your best player out of position is a gift for the other side.

Subbing him only compounds the matter.

I worry that these utter basics pass so many people by, it was like that under Alex Miller for 10 long years (high balls to one-up-front Mickey weir at Tynecastle stood out)

Fear hecky cant see the wood for the stubborn trees

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Nonsense.

It's why hearts feign injuries in the lead up to every derby, and it's why clubs scout the opposition

Having some of your best players on the bench lifts the opposition in the away dressing room and playing your best player out of position is a gift for the other side.

I worry that these utter basics pass so many people by, it was like that under Alex Miller for 10 long years (high balls to one-up-front Mickey weir at Tynecastle stood out)

Nonsense? 😂

It clearly never had the effect you’re talking about playing him wide then as we were winning 1-0 when he went off and were in control for the first half.

even once he went off we got the game to 2-1.

The way Allan was playing the would have been disappointed he got subbed. He was unable to control the ball and lettting his man run off him on every occasion.

Unless Iv missed something at no point has he blamed the fans.

In his hibs tv interview he said he wanted the boys to relax as the anxiousness from the stands was spreading onto the pitch - it was, it was clear as day.

That not saying the fans were to blame
    It’s still an excuse and a feeble one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Nonsense.

The head coach explained why he subbed Allan. What did you disagree with?