hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckingbottom

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bizarre how Slivka gets stick for his consistently but not Mallan? Is that because he is always missing? Is that consistency?
    Think the fact Mallam scores often is reason enough to put him in the team imo

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    With the way we seem to want to play, we need a midfielder giving a lot more than what Mallan does. If Hecky wants to stick with the 3, Mallan doesn’t have the attributes to play where he wants him to and carry out the role he wants him to

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    He doesn't score often, though. He has scored 4 goals in his last 34 games.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    You don’t like Stevie Mallan do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    You don’t like Stevie Mallan do you ?
    Seems like a fair point

First Team Breakthrough
    I think for Mallan + Alan to co-exist, we need to adopt a 3-5-2.

————Porteous—-Jackson—-Hanlon
    Gray———Mallan—-Vela—-Slivka——-Stevenson
    —————————-Allan
    ——————Kamberi

Given Allan a free role to create havoc.

That formation gets our best players on the pitch. Horgan unlucky to miss out, but he can be a rotation option. Boyle obviously done for the season.

Testimonial Due
    Yes he's on a poor run and does not warrant a place for his goals alone.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Fair number of assists as well though.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt up til now but that was a worrying match from a managerial point of view. The starting midfield was all wrong, the substitutions were baffling, and the players looked lost at times.

His decision to take Allan off was totally bizarre. 1-0 up with 30 odd mins to go against a poor side where we should be looking to kill off the game and we take off our most creative player. Everyone in the ground knew it was wrong.

His signings so far havent been anything to get excited about either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    His decision to take Allan off was totally bizarre. 1-0 up with 30 odd mins to go against a poor side where we should be looking to kill off the game and we take off our most creative player. Everyone in the ground knew it was wrong.

His signings so far havent been anything to get excited about either.
    Absolute nonsense. Allan was on a booking, he was knackered and getting a total roasting because of it.

I'd agree that he shouldn't have been playing wide in the first place but he had to go off.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we just need to accept that we need to sit tight, give the guy time to make a complete arse of it then eventually he will be away one way or another. He's not going anywhere in a hurry but hopefully this time next year we've started a season with the right guy in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Allan was on a booking, he was knackered and getting a total roasting because of it.

I'd agree that he shouldn't have been playing wide in the first place but he had to go off.
    That's twice I've read you post Allan was on a booking, what match are you talking about because he wasn't booked today? He also didn't looked knackered he looked lost because he isn't in a million years a winger.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    That's twice I've read you post Allan was on a booking, what match are you talking about because he wasn't booked today? He also didn't looked knackered he looked lost because he isn't in a million years a winger.
    He should've been booked for that challenge that wiped Gray out. Maybe that's where I'm getting mixed up but he was definitely knackered and getting roasted and deservedly got subbed off.

He shouldn't have been knackered because he shouldn't have been on the wing but that's an entirely different debate altogether.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 24-08-2019 at 06:51 PM.

He should've been booked for that challenge that wiped Gray out. Maybe that's where I'm getting mixed up but he was definitely knackered and getting roasted.
    But he wasn't, nor were the St Johnstone players who left the field of play to celebrate. He still never looked knackered IMHO.

I said to my mate today with a out 15 to go this reminds of the Hamilton play off game you knew the goal
    was coming but the players and manager looked incapable of preventing it. We offered zero in the last ten minutes it was hanging on with no idea of how best to do it.

I just don’t want us to become a circus again.

i thought we were past that and then there was the Lennon fiasco and now again talk of sacking our manager within 3 league games.

We need continuity, no other club in Scotland seems to have as many issues like we do when it comes to managers, losing the dressing room etc.

The buzz of Scottish cup, promotion, Europe and highest point tally has well and truly gone.

We need something, a couple of known quality signings would do. We’re relying heavily on Hallberg being exactly what we need and good.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    But he wasn't, nor were the St Johnstone players who left the field of play to celebrate. He still never looked knackered IMHO.
    He did. So much so that I predicted him going off about 5 minutes before he eventually did. Same with the goal Doidger.

two minutes earlier he drifted centrally and played a perfect through ball.

if you want an excuse you’ll find an excuse. Hecky cost us three points today.

Stupid formations = stupid results

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I just don’t want us to become a circus again.

i thought we were past that and then there was the Lennon fiasco and now again talk of sacking our manager within 3 league games.

We need continuity, no other club in Scotland seems to have as many issues like we do when it comes to managers, losing the dressing room etc.

The buzz of Scottish cup, promotion, Europe and highest point tally has well and truly gone.

We need something, a couple of known quality signings would do. We’re relying heavily on Hallberg being exactly what we need and good.
    We won’t be the only club though who’s fans are getting fed up with management. I have feeling the Aberdeen fans patience is wearing thin with mcinnes. It happens at every football club, I’m sure some Celtic fans were calling for Lennons sacking after the champions league disaster. When’s results improve fans quieten, when they don’t well ......

Quote Originally Posted by aldo85 View Post
    We won’t be the only club though who’s fans are getting fed up with management. I have feeling the Aberdeen fans patience is wearing thin with mcinnes. It happens at every football club, I’m sure some Celtic fans were calling for Lennons sacking after the champions league disaster. When’s results improve fans quieten, when they don’t well ......
    McInnis may have had a couple of hundred more games

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo85 View Post
    McInnes has been at Aberdeen about 6 or 7 years and enjoyed a bit of success, but for Heckingbottom I get the sense his face hasn’t fitted for too many from day one. He will always be one or two bad results away from a crisis with little room for error, and such a scenario is not sustainable long term. He won’t be afforded the good will of the fans that Lennon and Stubbs before him had during troublesome spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    McInnes has been at Aberdeen about 6 or 7 years and enjoyed a bit of success, but for Heckingbottom I get the sense his face hasn’t fitted for too many from day one. He will always be one or two bad results away from a crisis with little room for error, and such a scenario is not sustainable long term. He won’t be afforded the good will of the fans that Lennon and Stubbs before him had during troublesome spells.
    I agree with this but why people have felt this way from day one is what I don’t really get. Apart from those that were team Lennon and no matter who came in was going to be on to a hiding from the off.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    We had a solid end to last year, just support the team and the players and if we don’t succeed then so be it. He will get sacked if he underperforms but it isn’t in our interests to drag him down it is in our interests to support the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    We had a solid end to last year, just support the team and the players and if we don’t succeed then so be it. He will get sacked if he underperforms but it isn’t in our interests to drag him down it is in our interests to support the team.

We had a piss poor end to last season and that was with better players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    two minutes earlier he drifted centrally and played a perfect through ball.

if you want an excuse you’ll find an excuse. Hecky cost us three points today.

Stupid formations = stupid results
    He was also beaten to the ball several times after that and caught for pace more than once, culminating in his rash challenge that wiped out SDG. He was knackered and not tracking runners.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post

Thats the typa message which was given out when fenlon was in charge,

its the guys who boo that want to win the most. The doom and gloomers are the real fans, their daily mood coincides with the fortunes of the team. They are the guys who the club should and need to be listening too, not the happy clapping, Oh it is just a game of football brigade.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    We had a piss poor end to last season and that was with better players.
    This is an interesting interview when he blamed everyone at the club and the fans for "downing tools" at the end of last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48895632

Quote Originally Posted by #2 double tap View Post
    thats the typa message which was given out when fenlon was in charge,

its the guys who boo that want to win the most. The doom and gloomers are the real fans, their daily mood coincides with the fortunes of the team. They are the guys who the club should and need to be listening too, not the happy clapping, oh it is just a game of football brigade.
    lol

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This is an interesting interview when he blamed everyone at the club and the fans for "downing tools" at the end of last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48895632
    Players may have, that was his responsibility to control though. Fans certainly didn’t, most of us turned up even though, as the games went on, they became increasingly meaningless.