Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you aren't.
    Aren’t what?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Does hecky only use one striker up front for every game

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We nearly did. We were still in the game at 2-1 at 73 minutes. After that we conceded and collapsed.

We played 20 mins with ten men trying to get back into it. He could have shut up shop but we wouldn’t have had any chance of getting back into it. He decided to try hang in there and nick a goal instead. Once we conceded the game was over and we collapsed. It happens in football.
    My thinking too.
    10 men against a hungry,expensive, organised and FIT huns. We were back in it at 2-1, but, i must say, that 1st half showing should have had us atleast 4 behind, my god this game could have seen us losing 10 or more goals, I hope tae god that this was a one off, but, I like others dont think so, uninspired signings and uninspired league cup games, we have a long season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Lennon had his bad days as well, the game up t Aberdeen springs to mind when we never turned up, a disgrace.also the 5-5 game with rangers what was that about? I think we have a manager who is very nieve, he has to wake up to the fact that we are not playing Rochdale or S****horpe and you cannot get it even slightly wrong against the big boys up here or you are well stuffed. Some of his selections seem to be bizarre , Hanlon and McGregor who have been found out at this level time and time again get a start and the new CB on the bench ! When we went down to ten men it should have been damage limitation time and brought on another midfielder or defender but no he tries to go and win the game ! he will be watched like a hawk in the near future regarding his team selections and his pronouncements-a high press ! maybe he meant a tall cupboard as iv'e never seen hide nor hair of it.
    Totally agree, and I like the last bit 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I do agree with those who point out that Hecky was only ever going to be a couple of terrible results away from pressure. He was largely unknown to most fans, so, fairly or not, he had more to prove than a recognised name with a proven track record. One of those terrible results has arrived early, meaning he already faces intense scrutiny. I really hope he can turn this around, but I'm worried.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I’m angrier about the result this morning than I was last night.

Matty’s ‘Heckingbottom’s Malmo’ has captured it.

When have we ever held on to see a manager ‘turn it around’ in terms of a huge improvement in the style of play?

He’s not the man for the job.
    Lennon done it. We went from fairly boring in the Championship, fairly boring for 6 months of the Prem to being probably the most exciting team in the league. Then back to being boring again.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Does hecky only use one striker up front for every game
    Probably. Like near enough every other manager in world football now.

Rangers play either Defoe or Morelos

Celtic play either Sparky or Edouard

Aberdeen play Cosgrove

Man City play Aguero

Liverpool play Firmino

Bayern play Lewandowski

I think you get where this is going.. I genuinely can’t think of any decent sides off the top of my head that play 2 strikers now.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 12-08-2019 at 09:07 AM.

I haven't been able to read through the whole thread, so don't know if the following has already been covered, i.e. I wonder what Ron Gordon's reaction was to this shambolic and embarrassing performance and result?

Every team is in danger of a scudding in Glasgow. Even the Huns shipped 5 goals to Celtic a couple of times recently. It can happen in football. Are we gonna sack the manager after every bad result

We can dissect every tiny detail of the game but the bottom line is losing 6-1 to them is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Every team is in danger of a scudding in Glasgow. Even the Huns shipped 5 goals to Celtic a couple of times recently. It can happen in football. Are we gonna sack the manager after every bad result
    Can't see rangers or Celtic dropping points at home this year

@hibs.net private member
    We nearly did. We were still in the game at 2-1 at 73 minutes. After that we conceded and collapsed.

We played 20 mins with ten men trying to get back into it. He could have shut up shop but we wouldn’t have had any chance of getting back into it. He decided to try hang in there and nick a goal instead. Once we conceded the game was over and we collapsed. It happens in football.
    We lasted 7 minutes with the 2 strikers on the park before capitulating. That’s not good management whatever way you want to spin it

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I don’t get the give him time argument.

Sometimes it’s just obvious that things aren’t working out. Giving more time simply makes matters worse.

Think back to Cathro at Hearts. They all wanted him to succeed and claimed he just needed time. They’ve still not recovered.

I know it’s not pleasant but let’s be a bit bold and ruthless and make the change.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Sometimes it’s just obvious that things aren’t working out. Giving more time simply makes matters worse.

Think back to Cathro at Hearts. They all wanted him to succeed and claimed he just needed time. They’ve still not recovered.

I know it’s not pleasant but let’s be a bit bold and ruthless and make the change.
    He has lost 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Lennon bullied some of them, big difference

I honestly think if he can't get fit and stay fit this season he shouldn't be relied on any longer, long contract or not.
    Like he’s bullying the Celtic players now??!!

I’d love a bit of that back at ER!!

Cathro never started anything like as well as Heckingbottom. Cathro wouldn't win a derby away from home if his life depended on it.

We won our first game and topped our league cup group while playing half a team each game. A 6-1 defeat with ten men to a Rangers side who will be miles clear in second doesn’t mean that it’s not working out.

And that’s not taking into account how he done last season.

Another thing to consider is Heckingbottom is not Ron's choice, I wonder if he has a strong business streak in him he might decide he's not the man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    He has lost 1 game
    I know, and it sounds harsh.

I don’t do away games but I’ve been to every game at ER since he arrived. Can’t say I’ve enjoyed many and going by the chat around me at the game I’m not the only one.

Same feeling is kinda replicated on here going by recent threads.

Left by mutual consent!

16 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat in competitive games since his return, including a Scottish Cup. They must be terrified of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    16 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat in competitive games since his return, including a Scottish Cup. They must be terrified of him.
    That’s irrelevant to what happened here though?

I know, and it sounds harsh.

I don’t do away games but I’ve been to every game at ER since he arrived. Can’t say I’ve enjoyed many and going by the chat around me at the game I’m not the only one.

Same feeling is kinda replicated on here going by recent threads.
    Yesterday was a horrible game, dont think anyone will ever disagree but just because it's not been fast free flowing football doesnt mean he should be out a job, if we keep getting results then fans will be happy, yes we all want to see exciting football but for me its ultimately the result that matters, if he goes on a losing streak the next few weeks then yes of course his position should be looked at but until then let's get behind him

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I haven't been able to read through the whole thread, so don't know if the following has already been covered, i.e. I wonder what Ron Gordon's reaction was to this shambolic and embarrassing performance and result?
    He is very performances orientated. He will be looking at the signings and results and wont be slow to get PH out. I think PH will get 11 SPL games then there will be a performance review.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    He is very performances orientated. He will be looking at the signings and results and wont be slow to get PH out. I think PH will get 11 SPL games then there will be a performance review.
    And that's how it should be, not after one defeat, a very bad defeat but still only 1 defeat

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s irrelevant to what happened here though?
    Just stating that he’s done alright since leaving us mate

What does Celtic have to do with it? He was bullying a player to the point that the player wanted to walk out of the club. That is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    You sound as if you may know something about how Mr Gordon thinks and operates. Hopefully, he won't tolerate performances like yesterday, from players and/or coaches.

Lennon will implode at Celtic aswell. Things are rosey when your winning. Wait til the suffer a wee defeat and rangers go top of the league. When things got tough at us he didn't have a clue. Left us in a mess and lost the plot a few times. Baffling team selections

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Yesterday was a horrible game, dont think anyone will ever disagree but just because it's not been fast free flowing football doesnt mean he should be out a job, if we keep getting results then fans will be happy, yes we all want to see exciting football but for me its ultimately the result that matters, if he goes on a losing streak the next few weeks then yes of course his position should be looked at but until then let's get behind him
    If we keep getting results? Mate we just got destroyed. Are you calling that a result?

You do know rangers are in our league?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sean04 View Post
    Lennon will implode at Celtic aswell. Things are rosey when your winning. Wait til the suffer a wee defeat and rangers go top of the league. When things got tough at us he didn't have a clue. Left us in a mess and lost the plot a few times. Baffling team selections
    Exactly. Wait till they suffer a couple of setbacks and see how he does. I’d guess his selection tombola comes out again and it’ll be all the players fault.

I think we’ve got some deeper issues at Hibs. Heckingnbottom and the players are at fault for yesterday but there have been recruitment issues since Stubbs left. Bit weird that a lot of our signings seem to be coming from the same agency, could be a coincidence but it’s strange.