hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Heckingbottom

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #2 Double Tap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats the typa message which was given out when fenlon was in charge,

its the guys who boo that want to win the most. The doom and gloomers are the real fans, their daily mood coincides with the fortunes of the team. They are the guys who the club should and need to be listening too, not the happy clapping, Oh it is just a game of football brigade.
    Aye it was pretty awesome when Fenlon left us in 5th and we replaced him with Butcher. I bet Butcher booed the loudest in the interview and showed he wanted it the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    heard a wee bit of sportsound on the way home

Richard gordon : mikey stewart said a st.johnstone goal was coming, which begs the Q why did heckingbottom not see it coming
    In fairness, he did.

We started the 2nd half very badly, had the enforced injury change then he used up his last 2 subs on 62 minutes in an attempt to stem the tide. We were being over-run in midfield and Scott Allan was a bit lost on the right.

I don't think the changes he made were the right ones but he was trying to shore it up a bit and make it a bit harder to play through us. It didn't work and the pattern of play before the changes was exactly the same as after them.

By then he'd made all his subs and whether he saw the goal coming or not, I don't know what more he could have done with his subs made.

Put it this way though - everyone in the ground saw the goal coming so I'd be amazed if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It’s hard to argue with any of that. There’s absolutely no chance the players should be crumbling under the expectations from the fans. I think he’s just making excuses for another horrendous performance.

My worry is we won’t act quickly to change it.
    This is feeling like the mixu situation all over again. Mixu was hounded out after top six finishes but the fans saw his team as uninspiring. As with binning fenlon just be careful what you wish for. Easy for fans to moan but where is this mythical manager who will play free flowing football and get us into Europe. We all moan about how brutal the dons are and how we couldn't watch that every week. Mmm

Also we have never been a constant top six and challenging for Europe team. Maybe we got used to some lovely football with Dylan,Scotty and sjm but I'm sure we knew that was a once in a generation midfield. If we don't give Hecky time the revolving door of managers will spin again. Do we really want this. Seems loads do. I only hope we accepts the consequences

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Flo should have done better than hitting the post. But the simple pass from Doidge wasn't great at all. It was a weird wee bobbly number instead of across the deck.

I actually think Doidge was fine yesterday though. Won a lot of flick ons and does a good amount of running, closing down and finds himself in good attaching positions.

The shot from Flo that hit the post took a nick off the defender onto the post, nothing much more Flo could've done.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The shot from Flo that hit the post took a nick off the defender onto the post, nothing much more Flo could've done.
    Flo did very well with what was a pretty poor pass - a horrible, bobbly shot to hit.

We are painfully slow all over the pitch. O'H beat Gray for fun out left and Saints could have done better with his crosses. We were dreadful and our recent signing are not up to scratch. We need pace in the team and a new manager that does not try to defend a one goal lead with 30 minutes to go. IMHO Hecky can get behind the wheel and drive back to England, the sooner the better.