hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 53 of 53
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,038
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So? Who's our next manager then guys? 😏
    Jack Ross. At least we wonít need a new scouting department m.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feels like Colin Calderwood all over again and look how that panned out
    I agree it seems very similar. We should give PH the benefit of the doubt for now, but I really don't like the look of this squad he's put together. The only signing that looks good is Allan - and he was already confirmed before PH joined.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,147
    Mallan and allan in the same midfield is not going to work. He has to bring in a central midfielder and fast or he wont last long imo

  5. #34
    Jury definitely out on Hecky. Had a great honeymoon period but started to lose it towards the end of the season.

    With Stubbs and Lennon, we had genuine resolve and backbone when it came to OF games, and the results to match. With Hecky, we get far too much deference - like someone who thought there were only 2 teams north of the border and we're not worthy to compete with them. His passive, negative approach has cost us in previous games, yet he persists with it. Makes no sense. He SHOULD have more faith in the team HE has built over the summer but it doesn't show.

    Just as well we've got the Yams to laugh at. 24 hours in football, eh ?

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mallan and allan in the same midfield is not going to work. He has to bring in a central midfielder and fast or he wont last long imo
    Problem Hecky has now is that the Board can see the quality of his other signings. Are they going to release more funds to him ?

  7. #36
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,299
    Even with 10 men on the park a result and performance like that just cant be acceptable. It would be mental to say Heckingbottom's job is on the line, but so far and as others have said the walk isn't measuring up to the talk and if it doesn't start to soon he will lose the fans and there's only one thing that will happen after that.

    He talked about a high pressing game, where is it and why hasn't he signed the players he needs to play it?, because clearly the ones he has just now cant do it.

    The players he has brought in have shown no sign of being a cut above what most of our opponents will have, Vela is neat and tidy, but a midfield enforcer? .. no chance. Newell is a cross between cant be arsed and just slow, Doige so far hasn't looked any better than bloomin' Oli Shaw .. certainly nowhere near £250,000 better. Jackson looks like a younger Daz, which is fine, but it hardly makes us a better team. James looks not bad, but I for one haven't seen the standard of player others seem to have.

    I posted a while back that my fear was that Heckingbottom has that mindset prevalent in football, both Scottish and English, that if you can cut it in league 2 or 1 in the EFL you will improve a Scottish premiership team Ö or that at least one out of 3 players from there will 'skoosh it' up here. That's never been the case and so far isn't proving any different with the ones he has brought to us.

    The question for me has to be, is he signing players he thinks would do a job if he was managing in EFL one or two thinking they will do a great job in the Scottish premiership based on experience of this league which amounts to half a season and an incorrect opinion based on that half season that a load of EFL average players makes a good Scottish premiership team?

    As for the players he inherited. I feared Whittaker would be shown up today and that's exactly what happened, the guy through no fault of his own just hasn't got what it takes to compete against top 6 teams any more. Its becoming clearer and clearer to me at least that he is going to have to accept that he cant play Mallan and Allan in the same team against any of the top 4 teams, especially away from home and especially if he is going to take that rabbit in the headlights approach to games against them.

    He set out his stall from the beginning against Celtic in the cup at ER that his approach would be ultra cautious against stronger teams, do that and results like that one and today's are what you get 8 times out of 10.

    This rant isn't a knee jerk reaction to today Ö. I wasn't overly convinced having watched us live against Arbroath, Newcastle and St Mirren and Elgin on TV that we weren't too powder puff, too pedestrian and had too many passengers. I was looking to today as the litmus test of where we were at, especially to see if we could raise the level and play bravely with pace and energy when we needed to Ö. just about every fear I had after watching those games came to fruition today with the answer to all 3 of these questions being an emphatic no.

    IMO Hecky is a couple of poor results against bottom 6 teams and a lost home derby from being under real pressure.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So? Who's our next manager then guys? 😏
    Goodwin

  9. #38
    When I saw our midfield today my first thought was, how are we going to compete. Now if I can work that our, then please tell me why our manager canít ? Worrying!

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack Ross. At least we wonít need a new scouting department m.
    Steve Robinson for me

  11. #40
    Coaching Staff Speedway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    UK
    Age
    84
    Posts
    15,291
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So? Who's our next manager then guys? 😏
    Whoever fits the bill of having Lennonís fire, drive and track record without the baggage, baffling selections and OF connections.
    All of the above is 'IMO'

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    12,334
    So far there is a huge disparity between his words (fitness and pressing and game) and the reality (pedestrian and lacklustre). He can't afford another performance like that. We need to see rapid improvement.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  13. #42
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    14,938
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or it was like Stubbs 6-2 loss at home vs Rangers. 9 months later we won the cup.

    Today is all about how we react


  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or it was like Stubbs 6-2 loss at home vs Rangers. 9 months later we won the cup.

    Today is all about how we react
    To be fair today was nothing like the 6-2 game - we battered them that day.

  15. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I share a lot of the concerns people have but now getting the feeling a lot of folk are really hoping the manager and team fail. Generally ER is pretty poisonous when itís like that so tough times ahead.
    I disagree with the sentiment expressed there. There are always some fans who are quick to criticise but sometimes it is justified - and inevitably when that happens there will be an element of "told you so" expressed on fans forums. I don't like relentless or gratuitous negativity any more than you and very much believe in backing the team to the hilt - particularly on match day. But fans have a right to express their opinions and where better to do that than here on a fans forum who's sole purpose is to talk everything and anything Hibs?!?

  16. #45
    Testimonial Due Paisley Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Shaky Toon
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's fortunate it's Morton followed by St Johnstone at home next.
    Or if he loses both of those games he's toast....

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair today was nothing like the 6-2 game - we battered them that day.
    Wouldnít say we battered them, but we definitely played a far weakened side and rangers were right up for it on the day. They really wanted to win that cup for some reason

  18. #47
    The board has to back him.

    They spent ages recruiting him. They have a recruitment team

    However I do get the feeling the fans are not far away from turning against him.

    He needs big performances from his team the next few weeks.

    The football we are watching just now (take out Scott Allan) is dull and boring. I really hope Iím wrong but I fear we have employed a poor manager. He just doesnít inspire and galvanise the fans. I donít think heís that bothered either.

    As I say I really hope Iím wrong and he turns it around but Iím not convinced.

  19. #48
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10,283
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The board has to back him.

    They spent ages recruiting him. They have a recruitment team

    However I do get the feeling the fans are not far away from turning against him.

    He needs big performances from his team the next few weeks.

    The football we are watching just now (take out Scott Allan) is dull and boring. I really hope Iím wrong but I fear we have employed a poor manager. He just doesnít inspire and galvanise the fans. I donít think heís that bothered either.

    As I say I really hope Iím wrong and he turns it around but Iím not convinced.
    I've hard a few folk say this and I'm not sure I agree.

    We toiled against St Mirren, that's for sure, but they set up in a difficult shape that was tough to break down. They were well-drilled and hard to get at. In the end we got our rewards but I thought their decent defensive work stopped us playing.

    I hate the "white flag" approach to games against Rangers and Celtis, I'll give you that. Our attempts to contain them have not just been abject failures, they have been very unattractive.

    We played some decent stuff in the second half of last season, and by the time we played Arbroth in the LC I though things were starting to click. Every now and again we put lovely wee passing moves together, normally out wide.

    He's got a lot to prove over the next few games, results and performance-wise but I don't really mind the football he tries to play.

    I'm a veteran of the "every man back defending every corner" Alex Miller days, so my measure of dull football may be different to others.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,914
    We were told after the St Mirren game that the managers much vaunted high press wasn't possible as the opposition sat all their men behind the ball and didn't give us a chance to play our game.

    Now we've played a team that went at us, put lots of men forward and left space behind their back line. And the high press was nowhere to be seen.

    So when are we going to see it in action when it'll actually work?

    The 4-3-3 isn't working with the players available and needs a major rethink.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,377
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've hard a few folk say this and I'm not sure I agree.

    We toiled against St Mirren, that's for sure, but they set up in a difficult shape that was tough to break down. They were well-drilled and hard to get at. In the end we got our rewards but I thought their decent defensive work stopped us playing.

    I hate the "white flag" approach to games against Rangers and Celtis, I'll give you that. Our attempts to contain them have not just been abject failures, they have been very unattractive.

    We played some decent stuff in the second half of last season, and by the time we played Arbroth in the LC I though things were starting to click. Every now and again we put lovely wee passing moves together, normally out wide.

    He's got a lot to prove over the next few games, results and performance-wise but I don't really mind the football he tries to play.

    I'm a veteran of the "every man back defending every corner" Alex Miller days, so my measure of dull football may be different to others.
    I like the balance in this post..agree with the points made. Thanks for some non emotional analysis

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the balance in this post..agree with the points made. Thanks for some non emotional analysis
    I really dislike the vitriol aimed at the manager and the players as well. We seem to forget he arrived last season to a Hibs team in an absolute shambles. He went on an amazing unbeaten run and got us top six.
    Of course losing to them 6-1 is sore, but I'd hope that's a one off and everyone learns from that.
    Hibs fans need to get behind the team and see where we are in 10 games time.
    We still need a striker and maybe a midfielder but it looks like Hibs won't support further spending. So not PHs fault.
    Let's get behind the Hi bees pleeeeease.

  23. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really dislike the vitriol aimed at the manager and the players as well. We seem to forget he arrived last season to a Hibs team in an absolute shambles. He went on an amazing unbeaten run and got us top six.
    Of course losing to them 6-1 is sore, but I'd hope that's a one off and everyone learns from that.
    Hibs fans need to get behind the team and see where we are in 10 games time.
    We still need a striker and maybe a midfielder but it looks like Hibs won't support further spending. So not PHs fault.
    Let's get behind the Hi bees pleeeeease.
    Said it on the match day thread and got shot down but really feel Rangers at Ibrox came too soon for us. Rangers started pre season well before us and have been playing high level European games not to mention pumping Marseilles and comfortably beating Derby. Infact the Derby manager was on record as saying he was very impressed with them. Their squad is far more settled than ours and money buys you better players. Didn't help playing the 2nd half with 10 men. I'd been worrying about that game since the fixtures came out. Hopefully we can regroup and push on. I'm sure we will.
    Last edited by Since452; 15-08-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  24. #53
    Testimonial Due Barman Stanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really dislike the vitriol aimed at the manager and the players as well. We seem to forget he arrived last season to a Hibs team in an absolute shambles. He went on an amazing unbeaten run and got us top six.
    Of course losing to them 6-1 is sore, but I'd hope that's a one off and everyone learns from that.
    Hibs fans need to get behind the team and see where we are in 10 games time.
    We still need a striker and maybe a midfielder but it looks like Hibs won't support further spending. So not PHs fault.
    Let's get behind the Hi bees pleeeeease.
    Agree. As it stands we have 3 points from 6 and in the next round of the cup. Yet there are people who are star'ing out Heckys name like it is a swear word. Slight over reaction! It was a very bad result at the weekend but it seems to have played into the hands of those that already had it in for him. Actually dreading what the atmosphere will be like at ER at the weekend. Some almost cant wait for him and his signings to fail.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved