Quote Originally Posted by ThatDayInMay View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Hibs performance today is not a surprise to me nor should it be to the majority of fans who have had concerns over the managers signings and tactics.

But it seems that anyone with even an ounce of ‘negativity’ or that was going against the grain was instantly shot down in previous weeks ‘It’s just Pre-Season’ ‘The new signings need time to bed in’ excuses that don’t cut it anymore.

Hibs have evidently gone backwards since the Scottish Cup win, and the championship side of that season would wipe the floor with this one made up of bang average lower English league players.

Of course it wasn’t going to be straightforward to replace what was arguably the best midfield in Scotland with (McGinn, McGeoch & Allan).

Heckingbottom turned down the chance to resign McGeoch. For what? The likes of Joe Newell?

Heckingbottom has categorically, underestimated the standard of Scottish Football. We downed tools towards the end of last season, having missed out on Europe, and it’s carried into this season.

Where is the high press he spoke of? And his idea that he would take players to fitness levels they’ve never reached before? Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m yet too see it.

I have backed him since he came in the door but If he’s genuinely happy with our squad going into the season then he’s a bigger fool than we all think.

We must genuinely have the slowest defence in the league. Although I can’t fault Whittaker’s performances so far this campaign, generally teams pushing for European football don’t have 35 year old full backs.

Sadly I think this is normality returning. Our last two managers were a high-water mark in terms of how they viewed Rangers. Stubbs and Lennon would've both rather died than gone down like that, 6-1 at Ibrox. We're now back to having managers who go there with a negative mindset, ah well ��.

I understand that a number of you won’t agree with me but football is about opinions. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but it’s going to be a long old season.
Well said

I think we can all do a degree of negativity, we're Hibs fans after all. It's the overly negative views from experts who write off players after only a few minutes on the pitch that I struggle to understand. However, with hindsight, maybe they are better judges of players than I am.

I have had my doubts that Hecky was going down the same route as Fenlon in buying players he knew or was aware of whilst he managed clubs in an environment that was quite a bit different from the SPFL. Fenlon brought in a number of players who were nearly men, but generally not good enough to compete in Scotland. And I fear that Hecky has done the same with us.

I agree with your comment about our previous two managers being the high-water mark in how we viewed The Rangers and other leading Scottish clubs. You always felt confident when a Stubbs or a Lennon team played The Rangers and the other leading Scottish clubs. Now, I fear these games.

I wonder what Lewis Stevenson is thinking right now. He's seen it all before and he must be thinking that the good days from the last three years are now about to become a distant memory.