hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we put it into perspective continuing from our ore-season and stuttering against St Mirren last week? Humiliation territory today. If it wasn’t for Rocky you’re looking at 8 or 9.
    Think our performance last week against St.Midden has been put into perspective after their result against Aberdeen who are our realistic competitors for a high league finish..

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swordin3 View Post
    I thought to myself before the game that Rangers unfortunately are not the soft touch of the last few years and have bought quality attacking players well out of our budget. Therefore I feared we may well get a 3-0 doing but not quite 6-1.Poor result The manager will only get away with this once. We have to be cleverer with what we have squad wise.

Fair comment.

Hecky owns this, and he needs to prove it’s a one off.

At 3-1 it was game over and disappointing but one of those days... falling to pieces in the final few minutes really isn’t acceptable.

Either Hecky or the next guy have to make the tough and unpopular decision to break up that ageing defence. Looking at the highlights, it's frightening how much space their forwards had in our box. I get the feeling everyone knows it has to be done, but nobody wants to be the bad guy that actually does it.

And yes, they have heaps more money than we do, but did we not all rip the p**s out of Houston for saying that about us and Falkirk? I don't recall us ever putting 6 past them. Apart from Allan's through ball to Horgan for our goal, did we ever pass the ball forwards with intent? If you're playing a guy with Horgans pace, play through balls in behind their defence, or drop it over the top in behind them. Doesn't look like we did that.

@hibs.net private member
    Morton H
    St Johnstone H
    Motherwell A
    Kilmarnock A

You couldn't get four better fixtures to get the wheels back on the Hecky bus. Lower league at home in the cup, St johnstone at home, Motherwell away is tricky but more than winnable and same goes for Killie as they're horrendous just now.

Time for calm just now...after those four fixtures if it's a disaster, fair enough.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Morton H
    St Johnstone H
    Motherwell A
    Kilmarnock A

You couldn't get four better fixtures to get the wheels back on the Hecky bus. Lower league at home in the cup, St johnstone at home, Motherwell away is tricky but more than winnable and same goes for Killie as they're horrendous just now.

Time for calm just now...after those four fixtures if it's a disaster, fair enough.
    Yes, we must see a huge improvement in the forthcoming fixtures; yesterday must be proved an aberration which will never be repeated. Hecky must step up now.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    Either Hecky or the next guy have to make the tough and unpopular decision to break up that ageing defence. Looking at the highlights, it's frightening how much space their forwards had in our box. I get the feeling everyone knows it has to be done, but nobody wants to be the bad guy that actually does it.
    Agree with this. I’m not convinced that Heckingbottom was thrilled about the 4 year deals McGregor and Gray got though. Given their ages, it makes more sense for McGregor as he might well only be playing for a year before he moves on to other things with the club, but Gray is only 31 so he’s not going to be ready for that for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post

And yes, they have heaps more money than we do, but did we not all rip the p**s out of Houston for saying that about us and Falkirk? I don't recall us ever putting 6 past them. Apart from Allan's through ball to Horgan for our goal, did we ever pass the ball forwards with intent? If you're playing a guy with Horgans pace, play through balls in behind their defence, or drop it over the top in behind them. Doesn't look like we did that.
    I said on another thread that while it is near impossible to make a case for either McGregor or Hanlon when they've been part of a defence which has lost 6 goals, I doubt they've ever been so exposed as they were yesterday. They consistently had midfielders running at them as none of the players in front of them were capable of putting in a tackle.

Every team has to start defending from the front.

Hecky is like an infected leg, if you don’t get rid of the infection you’ll lose your leg. The longer he’s here the more damage he’ll do. Seen it all before, he is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Hecky is like an infected leg, if you don’t get rid of the infection you’ll lose your leg. The longer he’s here the more damage he’ll do. Seen it all before, he is clueless.
    Infected leg 😂

God only knows what our previous manager was in the end.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    He has lost 1 game, get a grip. Yes it was horrendous yesterday but let's not get carried away

Here's a bit of perspective. I was expecting to get a stinking from the hearts boys at work today but 1 of them reckons there result was worse than ours. Not expected to pick up points in Glasgow but they were expecting to blow ross county away. Said they could've lost 3/4 nil

Made me feel a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Mackie shouldn't play again for us. Responsible for five of the goals today (losing his man for the second, the rest came from him having us a man down after being sent off).
    Get a grip man. That is really going to encourage young players coming through. Scared to make any mistakes or the fans will want you binned. FFS

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Infected leg 😂

God only knows what our previous manager was in the end.
    Yep, it's one awful result in amongst a lot of very good results. Yesterday is an alarm bell for me but some of the posts on here are utterly ludicrous.

Going down to ten men cost us that game. Against a team with players who move the ball around so quickly if you go down to ten you're chasing shadows and as soon as they tired us they tore us limb from limb. At 2-1 we stood a chance, Mackie cost us.

Tactics weren't right but we ended up with a RB at LB who isn't going to cope with the pace of the Rangers team and a player who hasn't played for weeks and hasn't had a pre-season at RB. Vela wasn't up to the job and we need another DM badly to provide cover for defense as I think we thought we had Ojo in the bag.

I don't know about Newell. He's nowhere near as bad as people on here make out but he's not exactly POTY material.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Being an old codger I've experienced a few hammerings in Glasgow by both the ugly sisters.It feels like the end of the world but it isn't.What I do think is there is no way that would have happened in the last two seasons and I never thought we were ever in any danger when we played them.There may be different reasons for this but one in my opinion is that the players knew that Lennon would not forgive any of them that did not give 100% in these matches.
    The St Mirren match is the only one I've seen so far.As expected against any team Jim Goodwin is involved with it was tough going(even though we could have scored four).It was clear to me that without a proper defensive midfielder we will struggle against good teams so I was pretty sure we would get nothing at Ibrox.When you've only seen 90 minutes you're reluctant to pass an opinion on new players but my immediate thought was that none of those from the English leagues are an improvement on what is already here and that the lack of pace,either athletically or mentally,was very noticeable even in comparison to their opposite numbers in the St.Mirren team.
    I'm pretty sure that when the last financial year accounts are published they will reveal that at the end of last season we were in a strong financial position.It seems, without talking about mega cost signings, we have missed a huge opportunity to bring better players to the club.I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I cannot see what the new crop bring.If we continue with poor results/performances and with obvious weak areas in the team I'm sure that the AGM will bring accusations of money being wasted on poor recruitment and then we'll see what Mr.Gordon is made of.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogzie View Post
    Get a grip man. That is really going to encourage young players coming through. Scared to make any mistakes or the fans will want you binned. FFS
    He was an utter, utter liability yesterday. Losing his man, could have been sent off twice and left us liable to be worn down and broken down by their movement which we were. It wasn't even a sending off from a bad refereeing decision or something that benefited us (stopping a goal scoring opportunity etc) - a totally needless handball when he knew he was on thin ice. I don't see him being anywhere near the level required for us, Callum Crane was a far more promising LB.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Aye. It stings losing 6 goals and we didn't play well at all for the majority of the game however.

Sending off was a big influence
    Rangers are a good team and played very well on the day
    I've seen enough from the opening game to know we can play and score goals

Calling for the managers head is classic knee jerk reaction

The season, as with all seasons, will be full of ups and downs. We'll play well, well play poor. We'll win, lose and draw games.

I hate losing like that, but no point not being realistic about it.

If there is a time for the manager to go mid season then fair enough. That has to happen. But it should be based on results...not one result

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    Club,s had a decent few seasons,especially in a Hibs related theme,have always been a club who apart from the odd superb runs ,have flattered to deceive,I.m.o Miss Dempster has run her course,wearing 2 hats in take over scenario,silence deafining on that,looking like her choice of main man for once is the wrong one,and although Lennon was probably as culpable in fall out,she definitely had a big part to play in it.Like others I was taken in by the momentum built up with the wheel,since start of season there is a reality setting in that it's far more than a puncture.Guy to me is out his depth,so time to act I think.As for New owner and due diligence having been taken,that's even more scary.
    Interesting bit on Off the Ball yesterday. Cowan brought up the theme of who the greatest loss to your club had been. He said that in Motherwell’s case it was undoubtedly Leeann Dempster. He thought she would end up at an EPL club one day and possibly much sooner than you might think. It came as an out of the blue, throwaway comment but made my ears prick up.
    Back on topic, we can talk till we’re blue in the face about what went wrong and who should be axed, but nothing’s going to happen in the immediate future. Less than eight or nine points will really set alarm bells ringing.
    Last edited by Jim44; 12-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.