hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. Whittaker is the worst right back in the league. And Mackie is our third choice left back.
    Agreed Whittaker isn’t the answer but he was far far far away from being our worst player

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Far too early to call for the managers head but extremely concerning. Some bit games coming up and we need to show a vast improvement.

The worry is I'm not sure if Heck knows how to fix it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    Agreed Whittaker isn’t the answer but he was far far far away from being our worst player
    2nd goal was completely his fault.

Am I the only one that's not all that impressed with Rangers?

How much have they spent and how much have they improved? They've lost Kent and Candeias, I thought they were their 2 best players. The players they have introduced were playing at a similar level to our signings (and our current players) last year, they're not bringing in Gascoigne, Laudrup or Negri. They look fit, energetic and prepared for games but tbh that is the very least that any team should be.

They desperately want to reintroduce the fear factor they once had and you're all buying into it.

Everything about the way we approached that game was wrong and it isn't perspective that's required. It's the riot act that's needed and anyone at Hibs that wants to go back to meekly accepting 6-1 defeats against anyone needs chased out of the club immediately.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenside View Post
    It's simple really, his legs are gone. How many 35 year old fullbacks are there in professional football?

He'll be fine in games where he's not getting run at constantly but any pacey winger will have a field day against him.

Mallan for me has been hopeless this season. Slivka needs to come in next week. Doidge and Kamberi to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

How much have they spent and how much have they improved? They've lost Kent and Candeias, I thought they were their 2 best players. The players they have introduced were playing at a similar level to our signings (and our current players) last year, they're not bringing in Gascoigne, Laudrup or Negri. They look fit, energetic and prepared for games but tbh that is the very least that any team should be.

They desperately want to reintroduce the fear factor they once had and you're all buying into it.

Everything about the way we approached that game was wrong and it isn't perspective that's required. It's the riot act that's needed and anyone at Hibs that wants to go back to meekly accepting 6-1 defeats against anyone needs chased out of the club immediately.
    This. This wouldn't have happened under Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Far too early to call for the managers head but extremely concerning. Some bit games coming up and we need to show a vast improvement.

The worry is I'm not sure if Heck knows how to fix it.
    The manager hasn’t got a clue about Scottish football.

The recent Games against Rangers at ER we could have ended up on with a similar score, this has been coming for a long time and we got away with a few draws against them when a hammering would have been a fair result. Having said that you see teams going down to ten men and forming two banks of four and managing to contain teams, sadly we seem unable to do this.

Left by mutual consent!

Spot on, they are beatable but that was like the still had Laudrup, Gazza, Hately etc. Micheal Spinks vs Mike Tyson comes to mind.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    The recent Games against Rangers at ER we could have ended up on with a similar score, this has been coming for a long time and we got away with a few draws against them when a hammering would have been a fair result. Having said that you see teams going down to ten men and forming two banks of four and managing to contain teams, sadly we seem unable to do this.

Indeed so PH should have remembered this and dealt with it accordingly by giving Sevco stuff to think about not just have shot after shot come in.

Agree with this.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

Remains to be seen what happens if a team attacks them (and obviously the games against Celtic) and I feel dirty for saying this but I thought they were good today. Jones was excellent and their midfield solid.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This. This wouldn't have happened under Lennon.
    Wouldn’t have beat Hearts or St Johnstone away under Lennon either. Rangers are a far better team than they were last season and the season before that. We are more or less the same. Heckingbottom got us out the terrible mess Lennon got us into and will kick on.

We're on 3 points, just where I expected us to be after the 1st 2 games. We were unlucky not to score a couple more against St Mirren who are not as bad as I expected, as evidenced by their win today v Aberdeen.

I'm expecting a reaction from the team in the Morton game.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Losing 6-1 to a new club without a trophy is still embarrassing, even with 10 men and Beaton as ref. Everyone should go through a severe self examination and put things right next game.

I am still glad they failed to beat us in the Scottish Cup Final.

Totally agree mate. We were all over the place from the start. Their first goal summed it up, our entire back 4 stopped and watched the follow up run and goal, barely any movement from any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Remains to be seen what happens if a team attacks them (and obviously the games against Celtic) and I feel dirty for saying this but I thought they were good today. Jones was excellent and their midfield solid.
    Yes, they were good.

They didn't need to be great but there is too much focus on the disparity of resources and making out that they are some sort of invincible footballing machine. They were very lucky to get away from Killie (who have been very ropey this season) with 3 points last week and were very poor for much of the second half. Around the time of the sending off today we were still in a game with them, as poor as we had been.

They have strengths, they also have weaknesses and I don't buy into the narrative that they are some sort of invincible footballing machine. They were miles behind an underperforming Celtic side in transition last season, our results against them weren't that bad and I'm not convinced they've improved drastically.

A good side who deserved their comprehensive win, we shouldn't be overlooking our deficiencies and role in that dreadful result with talk of "perspective".

Club,s had a decent few seasons,especially in a Hibs related theme,have always been a club who apart from the odd superb runs ,have flattered to deceive,I.m.o Miss Dempster has run her course,wearing 2 hats in take over scenario,silence deafining on that,looking like her choice of main man for once is the wrong one,and although Lennon was probably as culpable in fall out,she definitely had a big part to play in it.Like others I was taken in by the momentum built up with the wheel,since start of season there is a reality setting in that it's far more than a puncture.Guy to me is out his depth,so time to act I think.As for New owner and due diligence having been taken,that's even more scary.
    Last edited by Fanforlife; 11-08-2019 at 05:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Differences in budgets aside, team selection and how they set up was strange. The gulf in budget shouldn’t mean our performances should be that bad - or accepted. We haven’t looked convincing thus far in our games, I don’t see the intensity and pressing game that Heckingbottom said he wants from us. Our new signings don’t look to have improved us apart from Allan and there must be concerns over our ageing players. Today’s set up, to me, looked like Heckingbottom didn’t have the confidence to set up to press rangers, we looked defeated early on.

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    It does, I assure you of that. The issue is players who can run AND do something with the ball, otherwise every club would just be full of boys who can run a marathon
    Watch the fourth goal back. Doidge showed no desire to chase Steven Davis. None whatsoever. Nothing to do with ability, just guts, desire and a bit of pride. Really bad to watch.

I think the perspective shows we need to invest in our team and increase our budget for players to compete for 3rd place.

We need better quality on the pitch now - and if that means other infrastructure projects are delayed then so be it.

Our board should realise what’s needed and I’m hoping our fans reps will take a lead and make the strongest of cases. It’s too early to decide about latest signings. They may very well turn out to be gems ? but we need proven gems now - the same calibre of Scotty Allan.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My perspective is I spent money and time getting there today and saw us pitch up beat before a ball was kicked.

Warning signs have been there for weeks. This team simply isn't good enough. Hibs teams with bigger financial deficits than this have put up a better fight at Ibrox, even before the sending off. Heckingbotttom won't see Christmas.

Pretty much sums it up for me. 70 quid for me and the laddie today , soaked before and after the game and the whole setup from Heckingbottom all wrong. Too lightweight in the middle of the park , no tempo in our play , sitting off and allowing the opposition the time and space to build attack after attack. That was an utter disgrace today and an embarrassment to every Hibernian supporter who had the misfortune of forking out to watch that. This manager could drive supporters away with his constant negativity , not just on the field but also in his interviews.

Hecky would have sold himself to dempster and Petrie. Yeah I’m all
    about high pressing etc. Not seen one ounce of it last season or this.

sack him now and don’t draw this out hibs. Rotten players bar Allan this window. Doesn’t get hibs.

hecky out.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Fans turn up year on year with us seeing our highest average attendances in decades. More money pumped in to the club than ever before yet we replace our best players with mediocre ones. We've got a few good players over the last couple of years but ultimately we haven't recruited as well as we did in the Championship. Our best player is our keeper followed closely by a player we had lined up since January and is well known to the fans and club. None of the new guys seem like long term replacements for others and that's worrying.

Today was poor and embarrassing. I think they're a better side than last year and have a more balanced sqaud so kudos to Gerrard but that doesn't mean we should be seeing them with 30+ shots at goal. We move on but we need to pick up another player or two before the window closes.

On to the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Watch the fourth goal back. Doidge showed no desire to chase Steven Davis. None whatsoever. Nothing to do with ability, just guts, desire and a bit of pride. Really bad to watch.
    And, for the same goal, Vela - Morelos hands him off but he's still goalside and on his feet before the shot goes in but makes no attempt to stop it.

Another new signing who, so far, just doesn't look good enough.

That's a really good post Smartie, although it would be churlish to suggest that the huns aren't an improvement on last year. We shouldn't be getting beat by anyone in this league 6-1 now. I saw us get beat in the mid 90's 7-0 at Ibrox but they had spent millions on players like Gascoigne etc as you say. And that result was towards the end of Miller's reign as he had begun to lose the dressing room by then.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I think the perspective shows we need to invest in our team and increase our budget for players to compete for 3rd place.

We need better quality on the pitch now - and if that means other infrastructure projects are delayed then so be it.

Our board should realise what’s needed and I’m hoping our fans reps will take a lead and make the strongest of cases. It’s too early to decide about latest signings. They may very well turn out to be gems ? but we need proven gems now - the same calibre of Scotty Allan.
    Agree with much of this. I’ve no idea what we’ve spent, but the opinion seems to be that we’ve been paying transfer fees, big signing on fees and wages.

A lot of fans have had reservations about the quality of player coming in, myself included. Today makes people feel like they’re justified in their concerns.

If it’s really true that we have been spending big on what’s been on display then I would say were in ****.

My impressions all along have been that this is an uninspiring, low budget window.

Infrastructure can GTF for the time being. We’ve had that for many years with the building of the East Stand and East Mains. We need investment on the field as a priority.

One thing I know with certainty is a poor season will see season tickets drop substantially and all the good will accumulated over the past four years will evaporate.

Perspective, well try this one if your aunty had baws, would that make her your uncle!
    A piss poor team is just that a piss poor team.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post

His signings have been that bad that he doesn't warrant another penny.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.

Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league.

Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.
    I thought to myself before the game that Rangers unfortunately are not the soft touch of the last few years and have bought quality attacking players well out of our budget. Therefore I feared we may well get a 3-0 doing but not quite 6-1.Poor result The manager will only get away with this once. We have to be cleverer with what we have squad wise.