hibs.net Messageboard

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Rangers v Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    Disgraceful

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep reading about how lucky we are to have him as manager and we will struggle to keep him! He might be able to talk the talk but can he motivate a team? Where has all the McGinn money been frittered away to? Not on a team of born winners anyway.
    Where are you reading people saying we’re lucky to have him? Not on here presumably?

We were in the game up until the red card. However up until we scored they could easily have scored 6 or 7.

I have real concerns about the recruitment process this summer. I don't see what a lot of them bring and it's not just a reaction from today's result.

We need to win next week in the cup or the knives will be out.

@hibs.net private member
    I've been supportive of Heck but that's absolutely shocking. Sevco are a good team and yes we had a man sent off but even before Mackie went off we were very lucky to still be in the game.

The team have no resemblance to the one he's been talking about building and the new guys don't seem to be better than what we have.

Pressure now on big time.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Rangers had 34 shots and 19 on target. What the **** were we doing??
    Unacceptable at any level of football, let alone top flight.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Heckingbottom all talk and no walk so far.
    The new Pat Fenlon

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    We will still see heckingbottom coming out with some **** about it being a good performance - probably with the sending off as an excuse. all he can and has done is talk a good game.
    I dont think he even talks a good game.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    cool, this board will be quality next wee while

Bad result - terrible start but we were well in the game when Mackie got sent off

Rangers are a very decent side with some good money chucked at them - I think they will run Celtic very close, if not win the league this year

I dont really get the hecky out brigade - we have the points we would have expected so far in the league and we are through the cup as seeded group winners

Yes we got a hiding today - although wouldve been very interesting if we kept 11 on the park
    I get that, but we didn't. He lost 6-1. We were 2-0 down within 15 minutes. We have *****ed money on people like Doige and Newell who are out of their depth here. Heckingbottom has to turn this around fast and I hope the new gaffer doesn't sit on his hands if it doesn't improve.

I think we look soft, easy to beat, no threat going forward, disorganised at the back and as for being the fittest team, I have seen no sign of that.

I'm fearing yet another Hibs mess,

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    What a horrible 2 hours. Should have followed my instincts and turned off after the first 10 mins. Can't see Heckingbottom being here much longer.
    True, apparently too good for Hibs according to some including ex-Hibs loan players.

Huns have spent a lot of money they don't have again simply to try stop Celtic. If they fail, I can see them collapsing inside themselves. We were bound to come a cropper at their place at some point, but worrying how poorly some of our new recruits have settled in. I'm not a fan of the way Hecky approaches OF games, sit off and hope for the best. Its not what Hibs have done in the last 4 years, which yielded good results.

The biggest problem Hecky and all the players he's brought in have is that they've no credit in the bank from our cup win. He's replacing Hibs Legends, so they're under immense pressure from the start.

@hibs.net private member
    Should we give Hecky more money to sign players though as so far his signings have not impressed

We’ve reverted to Pat Fenlon. Is it too much to ask to be a better team than the one promoted two seasons ago?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    Anyone who genuinely thinks today’s Rangers team will push Celtic all the way is deluded imo!
    I reckon they will push them close

They are quick, sharp, play good football and have a 30+ goal striker up top....and a more than decent replacement for him in Defoe

They have a much stronger squad this year - i dont think they will drop as many silly points as last year and will give a few teams a right hiding

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Where are you reading people saying we’re lucky to have him? Not on here presumably?
    According to some players/ex players he will be head hunted back south, not after today's result.

6-1 isn't Fenlon, Calderwood, or even Butcher territory, it's downright end of Miller days when Rangers were juiced up with Albertz, Gascoigne and co.

we will be lucky to win a game against a top 6 team with Whitts playing. He is simply too slow

Left by mutual consent!
    The only positive I can find from this result is that it is a wake up call that we are still a long way off our expectations. We need a few more ‘better quality’ players in at speed.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    I wonder what our new owner made of that....
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    who shouldve played there then?
    I could have ****ing played there!

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Aberdeen 4 Hibs 0 with McGinn etc
    And we beat Rangers twice at Ibrox that season too, not sure what point you're trying to make.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Should we give Hecky more money to sign players though as so far his signings have not impressed
    No and as far as I’m concerned we need a better recruitment team as well. This is going in a very poor direction. How does a club willingly recruit players and end up with our midfield and forward line? Only answer I can come up with is self sabotage.

Beat St Johnstone and i won't give a toss about this. We're not competing with the Huns these days. Look how much Gerrard has spent. Says it all.